Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    true considering rivers ...if held to baps previous standard...of qbs being judged wins

    has a all time win % .546 compared to smiths .574

    since smith came to the afc west he has a record of 43 -21...a +22
    rivers in that same time .............................................27-37....a -10

    rivers and the chargers passing attack will be top 5 in the league this season. i'm not rehashing the same idiotic crap but the chargers now have added insurance in case they lose allen again.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Larned, Kansas
    Posts
    656
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    rivers and the chargers passing attack will be top 5 in the league this season. i'm not rehashing the same idiotic crap but the chargers now have added insurance in case they lose allen again.
    I'm not going to take away anything that Rivers has and can produce if the stars align correctly for him.....

    Do you remember this name?? Ashley Lelie

    Amazing college receiver from a small school who was the next big hit for the Broncos!!! BUST

    We'll all have to remember this name - Mike Williams

    Amazing college receiver from a small school who is hoping to be the next big hit for the Chargers!!!

    Lets wait and see.....

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,231
    Quote Originally Posted by Three peat View Post
    After review of the 4 qbs in the afcw, the doncos qb situation is definitely the worse. I would love to hear all the orange glasses wearing donco fans make the argument that it isn't.

    1 carr,
    2 rivers
    3 smith
    4 seaman/lynch
    This isn't Smack this is accurate.
    -The Raiders without Carr lost to Denver 24-6 then got beat by Brock Osweiler
    - Phillip Rivers and Alex Smith are a tie to me, but I'm with you Rivers does put up really big stats that never transfer over to the postseason
    - Siemien & Lynch both guys just had their first opportunities to play on this level, Carr was the 4th ranked Qb in this division after his first year too, so only thing they can do is get better. Id still take them over the the other 3 AFC East Qb's Brady faces 6 times a year.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Stackhouser View Post
    I'm not going to take away anything that Rivers has and can produce if the stars align correctly for him.....

    Do you remember this name?? Ashley Lelie

    Amazing college receiver from a small school who was the next big hit for the Broncos!!! BUST

    We'll all have to remember this name - Mike Williams

    Amazing college receiver from a small school who is hoping to be the next big hit for the Chargers!!!

    Lets wait and see.....
    yeah, i also remember buster davis who was the last WR the chargers drafted in the first round and he lived up to that name in spades. but unless there is an injury, i think mike williams bust risk is extremely low. he may or may not develop into a player worthy of the 7th pick but he is going to be a good player IMO.

    williams reminds me of the bosa pick a lot in terms of it being a very safe pick. some people said that davis was the better WR and clearly the titans thought so too but i still think williams is by far the safer pick and a perfect fit.

    even if williams doesn't have elite speed (he doesn't) even if he doesn't run the best routes or has trouble getting separation at the next level. because of his style of game it won't matter as much.

    he is a jump ball/high point expert. if he is lined up one on one with any corner, he's going to be able to win a lot of the time due to that alone, i don't care what corner he is going against.

    it's very similar to when the chargers had vincent jackson except this kid is far more talented and even better at high pointing the ball. this is the type of receiver rivers dreams of having back in the lineup.

    so, injury aside, i think the chargers have a solid #2 at worst and i think he is one of the safest picks in the draft who could develop into a legit #1.

    also, he played at a "small school" that is known for developing quality NFL receivers where he won a national title and was the best player on that offense

    the kid brings it in the biggest of games, another thing i love about him.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,784
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah, i also remember buster davis who was the last WR the chargers drafted in the first round and he
    lived up to that name in spades. but unless there is an injury, i think mike williams bust risk is extremely low. he may or may not develop into a player worthy of the 7th pick but he is going to be a good player IMO.

    williams reminds me of the bosa pick a lot in terms of it being a very safe pick. some people said that davis was the better WR and clearly the titans thought so too but i still think williams is by far the safer pick and a perfect fit.

    even if williams doesn't have elite speed (he doesn't) even if he doesn't run the best routes or has trouble getting separation at the next level. because of his style of game it won't matter as much.

    he is a jump ball/high point expert. if he is lined up one on one with any corner, he's going to be able to win a lot of the time due to that alone, i don't care what corner he is going against.

    it's very similar to when the chargers had vincent jackson except this kid is far more talented and even better at high pointing the ball. this is the type of receiver rivers dreams of having back in the lineup.

    so, injury aside, i think the chargers have a solid #2 at worst and i think he is one of the safest picks in the draft who could develop into a legit #1.

    also, he played at a "small school" that is known for developing quality NFL receivers where he won a national title and was the best player on that offense

    the kid brings it in the biggest of games, another thing i love about him.
    Sounds ideal for rivers...we all know he like to just lob it up and pray

    Now if he can just find his safety blanket scat back to dump the ball off to...hes complete

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Sounds ideal for rivers...we all know he like to just lob it up and pray

    Now if he can just find his safety blanket scat back to dump the ball off to...hes complete
    you know you don't want to see another vincent jackson, a better talented version that is. your QB's could use a player like that, every QB could. but also, with protection concerns, rivers needs another guy like that.

    i know you don't actually watch the games and all, but i will fill you in on a little secret.......melvin gordon is that weapon out of the backfield and he proved it last season before getting hurt.

    they have other backs that can develop into that role or still draft a scat back today that could win the job.
    Last edited by baphamet; 04-29-2017 at 08:20 AM.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    Rivers screws them again......

    Perfect chance to select Watson, instead they go with a guy who might give them a better chance when Phil tanks the 4th qtr.

    On the bright side there's a couple fresh bodies to throw under the bus next year!

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    12,784
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    you know you don't want to see another vincent jackson, a better talented version that is. your QB's could use a player like that, every QB could. but also, with protection concerns, rivers needs another guy like that.

    i know you don't actually watch the games and all, but i will fill you in on a little secret.......melvin gordon is that weapon out of the backfield and he proved it last season before getting hurt.

    they have other backs that can develop into that role or still draft a scat back today that could win the job.
    Yes we all know your 5-11 roster is the best was last year to at 4-12

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Rivers screws them again......

    Perfect chance to select Watson, instead they go with a guy who might give them a better chance when Phil tanks the 4th qtr.

    On the bright side there's a couple fresh bodies to throw under the bus next year!
    LOL you wish.

    the chargers drafted the guy that helped make watson so great, actually they have both of clemson's top receivers who have a real proven QB throwing him the ball now.

    the chargers are trying to win now and they did everything they could do help rivers this off season. bolstered the OL with three new potential starters, drafting the top two rated guards in the draft and getting him another vincent jackson type target at worst.

    now the chargers OL is pretty deep all of a sudden, not saying it's going to all of a sudden be great but i think the odds are pretty good the OL is going to improve a lot this season.

    the chargers will have a top 5 offense in the NFL this season, they had that capability last season before the injuries started to take hold and that's with arguably the worst OL in football.

    this season is going to be fun.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Yes we all know your 5-11 roster is the best was last year to at 4-12
    clearly all you know about the chargers is last year's win loss record and not too much else.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    going back on topic, i think at this point it's between carr and rivers and i think both could post pro bowl seasons this year.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    7,288
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    going back on topic, i think at this point it's between carr and rivers and i think both could post pro bowl seasons this year.
    How do you think Kc will fare with Patrick Mahomes?

    Many have called him "the poor man's Jay Cutler" while others say "he runs around out there fling in the ball like Brett Favre but there could only be one Brett Favre".

    Seems like people will take their shots and always compare a young guy to somebody else and nobody is really giving this kid a shot it seems like at least not from what I've heard.

    However under Andy Reed, If this kid slows down and goes through his progressions and makes proper reads I think he could actually amount to becoming one heck of an NFL quarterback.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    How do you think Kc will fare with Patrick Mahomes?

    Many have called him "the poor man's Jay Cutler" while others say "he runs around out there fling in the ball like Brett Favre but there could only be one Brett Favre".

    Seems like people will take their shots and always compare a young guy to somebody else and nobody is really giving this kid a shot it seems like at least not from what I've heard.

    However under Andy Reed, If this kid slows down and goes through his progressions and makes proper reads I think he could actually amount to becoming one heck of an NFL quarterback.
    as a chargers fan i love the pick

    he could develop into something decent though, i just think in this day and age there are not a lot of QB's that are ready to step on the field and start right away but teams are still drafting them high.

    i guess they don't have much of a choice, seems like a waste to me though. i would rather use a second or third on a developmental guy and bolster the offense around him, especially the running game.....like what the cowboys did with dak.


    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    25,954
    speaking of QB's in the afc west, this made me LOL hard.

    https://twitter.com/junioraumanac/st...95570545180672



    I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    LOL you wish.

    the chargers drafted the guy that helped make watson so great, actually they have both of clemson's top receivers who have a real proven QB throwing him the ball now.

    the chargers are trying to win now and they did everything they could do help rivers this off season. bolstered the OL with three new potential starters, drafting the top two rated guards in the draft and getting him another vincent jackson type target at worst.

    now the chargers OL is pretty deep all of a sudden, not saying it's going to all of a sudden be great but i think the odds are pretty good the OL is going to improve a lot this season.

    the chargers will have a top 5 offense in the NFL this season, they had that capability last season before the injuries started to take hold and that's with arguably the worst OL in football.

    this season is going to be fun.
    C'mon, you know Watson should have been the pick and your team just set themselves up for another run at mediocrity. Seems like Rivers was adamant about not drafting a QB too.

    The OL picks were great actually, I think the Chargers got great value. Williams is a good player, but he won't bring what Watson could have.....A whole new Decade of hope.

    Back to Phil and the 4th qtr flops!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •