Page 70 of 176 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2627

Thread: NFL Draft 2017

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Fool me once (Michael schofield) shame on you, fool me twice (Ty Sambraillo) shame on me, I will not be fooled a 3rd time with Garett Bolles
    Michael Schofield played surprisingly well this past season. Let go of the 2015 season already. He turned it on during the playoffs and has continued to improve ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    George Goeddeke, Claudie Minor, Tom Glassic, Keith Bishop, Tom Nalen
    I don't remember George Goeddeke. Pro Football Reference seems to show he didn't start any games as a rookie.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...G/GoedGe00.htm

Tom Nalen started one game his rookie year.

Claudie Minor maybe, although his impact his rookie year can be questioned.

Glassic was horrible his rookie year.

Bishop didn't start any games his rookie year.

And I was wrong about Marv Montgomery in that he didn't start any games as a rookie. So take him off the list.

Beadles and JD Walton were decent as rookies and should probably be on the list.

So in 57 years we've had maybe 5-6 OL make an impact as rookies...which averages out to about one per decade.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I don't remember George Goeddeke. Pro Football Reference seems to show he didn't start any games as a rookie.
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...G/GoedGe00.htm

Tom Nalen started one game his rookie year.

Claudie Minor maybe, although his impact his rookie year can be questioned.

Glassic was horrible his rookie year.

Bishop didn't start any games his rookie year.

And I was wrong about Marv Montgomery in that he didn't start any games as a rookie. So take him off the list.

Beadles and JD Walton were decent as rookies and should probably be on the list.

So in 57 years we've had maybe 5-6 OL make an impact as rookies...which averages out to about one per decade.
    Unfortunately, of the top 3 OT, Bolles was probably the least likely to start day one. Hopefully Stephenson or Sambrailo can do something at LT. If not, Bolles will get a baptism by fire. That would at least give him a leg up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Michael Schofield played surprisingly well this past season. Let go of the 2015 season already. He turned it on during the playoffs and has continued to improve ever since.
    Schofield did a good job destroying Siemian's shoulder this past season, probably costing the team a spot in the playoffs.

Look at the laziness and the inability to sustain a block. Both Schofield and Paradis look like bozos allowing the defensive tackle to go through a double team like that.

That's why Elway and Vance Joseph brought linemen like Leary, Watson and Bolles to inject some toughness into this soft offensive line.

During the playoffs, Schofield turned Kony Ealy into a superstar by allowing sack after sack. Ealy can't rush the passer that well, his regular-season numbers are pedestrian, but everyone knows about him because Schofield allowed Ealy to kill Peyton in the Super Bowl.

Elway signed Leary and will move Garcia to RG. Garcia not even is a good guard, he also likes to get the QB and RB killed, but the priority is to get Schofield out of the field.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

when i look at this draft the best so thing so far

kansas city traded next years pick for a guy who plays like cutler. that may take 2+ years to develope and is very risky. wonder if that streak of not winning a play off game with a qb drafted by them will continue so far todd blackledge was the last one

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Schofield did a good job destroying Siemian's shoulder this past season, probably costing the team a spot in the playoffs.

Look at the laziness and the inability to sustain a block. Both Schofield and Paradis look like bozos allowing the defensive tackle to go through a double team like that.

That's why Elway and Vance Joseph brought linemen like Leary, Watson and Bolles to inject some toughness into this soft offensive line.

During the playoffs, Schofield turned Kony Ealy into a superstar by allowing sack after sack. Ealy can't rush the passer that well, his regular-season numbers are pedestrian, but everyone knows about him because Schofield allowed Ealy to kill Peyton in the Super Bowl.

Elway signed Leary and will move Garcia to RG. Garcia not even is a good guard, he also likes to get the QB and RB killed, but the priority is to get Schofield out of the field.
    To be fair, one of those Manning sacks was given up by Ryan Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    To be fair, one of those Manning sacks was given up by Ryan Harris.
    That's true. Just like the Khalil Mack Fest from 2015 also had 1 contribution from Harris.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Who's excited for more draft tomorrow???

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeGees View Post
    All I have to say is that the Chiefs made a huge reach to get Mahomes. He likely still would have been there in their original spot. Looks like the end is near for Alex Smith.

Bolles over Robinson and Jarrad Davis, Wow!
    I don't think so because Az, SF and the Browns were considereding taking him if there.

We need to get playmakers on day 2 to make up for yesterday

Trade up for Lamp

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Trade up for Lamp
    That would be intriguing. I think a lot of teams want him, though. We might have to move all the way to the top of the 2nd round to make it happen.

So just reading some day 2 updated mock drafts and all of them have us picking Zach Cunningham in the second. I think if he is there that could be a solid 2nd round pick

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Please trade up for Mixon, Lamp, or Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    Please trade up for Mixon, Lamp, or Cunningham.
    I would be very happy with either of them. Have to break the trend of wasted second round picks tonight. Let's get it!