Page 71 of 176 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 121 171 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2627

Thread: NFL Draft 2017

Well this draft is a disaster. Way to go Broncos...
    Drafting a 25 yr old Project Left Tackle, with 1 yr D1 experience, a 9 wonderlic score(how is he gonna handle complex line adjustments), commits more penalties than Russell Okung, and Ruben Foster still on the board.
    That's what u get when u don't fill a major need in the off-season. U reach for a need with studs on the board.
    I Don't even want to watch the 2nd & 3rds rounds because Elway has drafted nothing but BUMS(except for D. Wolfe) in the 2nd & 3rd rounds.
    #HateThePick #WeNeesPlaymakers

Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post
    Drafting a 25 yr old Project Left Tackle, with 1 yr D1 experience, a 9 wonderlic score(how is he gonna handle complex line adjustments), commits more penalties than Russell Okung, and Ruben Foster still on the board.
    That's what u get when u don't fill a major need in the off-season. U reach for a need with studs on the board.
    I Don't even want to watch the 2nd & 3rds rounds because Elway has drafted nothing but BUMS(except for D. Wolfe) in the 2nd & 3rd rounds.
    I tend to agree. Bolles was one of my least favorite prospects this year and I don't like the pick at all. By the time his rookie contract ends, he'll be 30. That's not right. I will happily eat crow if he turns out to be good. Oh well, he's a Bronco and there's nothing we can do about it now.

Bolles-Leary-Paradis-?-Watson/Stephenson. If we don't add another G, I hope McGovern can beat out Garcia and Schofield.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    And he seems to be of that sort of player, so I have my hopes up. Sometimes the right fit is an intangible that the fan base doesn't see.
    He does, I like his intensity and aggression. He has qualities and talents that cannot be taught, and weaknesses that can. It's not all negative, really my biggest problem is his age.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

I know it's been said numerous times I'm sure. But I cannot explain the frustration I had when OJ Howard/ Foster was there at 19.. OJ went and I thought Foster had fallen into our laps.. and then Bolles happened.

After day one I'd say the biggest winners so far are the Browns they've added some unbelievable talent and the 49ers that trade with the Bears was pure genius and adding Thomas and Foster to that defence could make that defence a top 10 unit

Quote Originally Posted by munoz1987 View Post

It's pretty funny fans act like Elway was the ONLY GM to pass on him. Remind me again what pick did he get taken? 31? So 27 teams passed on him? (Browns had 3 picks, titans had 2. 49ers picked one time prior to taking him there). Foster wouldn't have filed a need we have two starting ilb and would have been a luxury pick. The Broncos tried to fill the oline need hence the reason they signed 2 and kept Stephenson. Guy had never taken a snap and you all already write him off... take a step back from the ledge and R.E.L.A.X.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan219 View Post
    It's pretty funny fans act like Elway was the ONLY GM to pass on him. Remind me again what pick did he get taken? 31? So 27 teams passed on him? (Browns had 3 picks, titans had 2. 49ers picked one time prior to taking him there). Foster wouldn't have filed a need we have two starting ilb and would have been a luxury pick. The Broncos tried to fill the oline need hence the reason they signed 2 and kept Stephenson. Guy had never taken a snap and you all already write him off... take a step back from the ledge and R.E.L.A.X.
    I'm not upset we got a LT but leading up to the draft these past couple weeks Elway talks about how they are going to go BPA, you don't draft for need because you begin to reach, or how they like TY at LT if they needed him to play there. There is no way that Foster was behind Bolles on their BPA board. So I feel a little lied to. This all being said I am okay with getting a LT because we truly did need one.

Now if Denver could trade up and get Mixon or even Lamp would be insane. I prefer Mixon but adding Lamp to our oline could make a dominate force.

Quote Originally Posted by broncsfan219 View Post
    Todd Davis isn't a starting ILB in my opinion he's a below average starter

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    I know it's been said numerous times I'm sure. But I cannot explain the frustration I had when OJ Howard/ Foster was there at 19.. OJ went and I thought Foster had fallen into our laps.. and then Bolles happened.
    Understand the frustration. Mine started with Jackson at #18. Two spots from a game changing talent. A simple trade to move up a couple spots. But no! Then Howard at #19. Davis directly after? Njoku and Peppers still on the board? #20 pick is supposed to be special. An instant upgrade and impact player. Picking a borderline project, really?

Obviously Elway has something else in mind reaching for a project OT at #20. Not sure why so many have him penciled in as the starter. IMO that has to be earned. He has a lot of things to improve to be a quality starter. The Bronco scouts and coaches must see more from Bolles then most of us. Perhaps he surprises us this year, although i am thinking this is more about future years when he is able to get stronger and work on his technique. Can't teach raw athletic talent. Can only hope it can be turned into a good player. Hell of a risk at #20.

It certainly is too bad with Foster. Was tough to see him plummet like that until the reports of his medicals being a concern was the reason.. Despite the talent you have to listen to the doctors. I understand the Broncos not taking the risk. Just don't understand the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Understand the frustration. Mine started with Jackson at #18. Two spots from a game changing talent. A simple trade to move up a couple spots. But no! Then Howard at #19. Davis directly after? Njoku and Peppers still on the board? #20 pick is supposed to be special. An instant upgrade and impact player. Picking a borderline project, really?

Obviously Elway has something else in mind reaching for a project OT at #20. Not sure why so many have him penciled in as the starter. IMO that has to be earned. He has a lot of things to improve to be a quality starter. The Bronco scouts and coaches must see more from Bolles then most of us. Perhaps he surprises us this year, although i am thinking this is more about future years when he is able to get stronger and work on his technique. Can't teach raw athletic talent. Can only hope it can be turned into a good player. Hell of a risk at #20.

It certainly is too bad with Foster. Was tough to see him plummet like that until the reports of his medicals being a concern was the reason.. Despite the talent you have to listen to the doctors. I understand the Broncos not taking the risk. Just don't understand the alternative.
    He is a first round pick and it sounds like he has the highest upside of oline in the draft. A lower floor then some but we have dire need at the oline and it sounds like some one would have taken him soon if we didn't

We got our pick of the litter as far as OL.......I think we're pretty lucky it was our choice.

I wanted other guys, but I know what a need it was and to get the guy we wanted -is not at all bad.

How much would it cost to move up to get both Mixon and Lamp? Let's be honest with our roster we don't have 10 open spots.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Trade up for Lamp
    I will eat dirt if that happens. We would have to trade way up into 30's to get him imo

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    How much would it cost to move up to get both Mixon and Lamp? Let's be honest with our roster we don't have 10 open spots.
    I mean if we got Mixon and Lamp and played Lamp at G....I wouldn't mind it at all. The cost of trading seems astronomically higher this year for some reason.

Pick 33 is worth 580

Our 2nd(51)is worth 390
    Our 3rd(84)is worth 170

That is the minimum it would take