Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Bolles

Not sure about the 'age' concerns. Age is usually tied to the 'wear & tear' of the body playing football. If we go with this analogy, this kid's body is much younger than the average 'age' of his peers drafted this year.

I actually believe the 'age' is actually very positive. Broncos is getting a more matured player whose body does not have the normal 'wear & tear' of a 25 year old player.

Broncos did an excellent job in picking this guy @ # 20 !!

Quote Originally Posted by chugachuga View Post
    Not sure about the 'age' concerns. Age is usually tied to the 'wear & tear' of the body playing football. If we go with this analogy, this kid's body is much younger than the average 'age' of his peers drafted this year.

I actually believe the 'age' is actually very positive. Broncos is getting a more matured player whose body does not have the normal 'wear & tear' of a 25 year old player.

Broncos did an excellent job in picking this guy @ # 20 !!
    To be fair to those with concerns about Bolles' age, the normal wear and tear of the average 25 yr. old NFL player, comes with 3-4 years of NFL experience, with the prospect of 10 more years of productivity, when it comes to offensive linemen.

By the time Bolles has 3-4 years of experience, he will only have about 6-7 years of productivity left.

I personally don't have a problem with that, but I can understand why some people would be less than impressed with the pick when there were probably more talented players available who are younger, perhaps even at the same position.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    To be fair to those with concerns about Bolles' age, the normal wear and tear of the average 25 yr. old NFL player, comes with 3-4 years of NFL experience, with the prospect of 10 more years of productivity, when it comes to offensive linemen.

By the time Bolles has 3-4 years of experience, he will only have about 6-7 years of productivity left.

I personally don't have a problem with that, but I can understand why some people would be less than impressed with the pick when there were probably more talented players available who are younger, perhaps even at the same position.
    Ok...I can now see the concerns.

I'm starting to feel like we did really well with Bolles.....I like this guy and I think/hope he will do great things for many years. He's a great athlete with a great attitude towards football.

If healthy, the Jake Butt selection is huge.... Overall a very solid draft that I'm really happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    I'm starting to feel like we did really well with Bolles.....I like this guy and I think/hope he will do great things for many years. He's a great athlete with a great attitude towards football.

If healthy, the Jake Butt selection is huge.... Overall a very solid draft that I'm really happy with.
    I believe we picked him due to the FO's belief that he is pro-ready now...if that's true then it'll have been worth a first round pick. But we'll have to see - the bar is set high for the young man. It's a big difference between blocking players 3 or more years below your developmental age to pro players in their prime with tons of NFL experience. Regardless of who we drafted for OT they would be facing the wolves this season. I guarantee that no matter where he lines up, Leary will be protecting his interior side.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 04-29-2017 at 07:52 PM.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Looks like a majority of folks who do this for a living thought Bolles was the best lineman in what is an admittedly a weak crop of prospects:

In a poll of 17 NFL executives done by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, nine voted Utah OT Garett Bolles this year's No. 1 draft-eligible offensive lineman.
    Wisconsin OT Ryan Ramczyk garnered five first-place votes, while Alabama OT Cam Robinson garnered two, and Western Kentucky G/C Forrest Lamp got one. Bolles played one year of Division-1 college football and turns 25 in May. Ramczyk also played only one year of D-1 ball and is recovering from hip surgery. Robinson is expected to convert to right tackle or guard. "It’s really going down," one AFC personnel man said regarding offensive line play around the league. "This year('s class) is really disappointing."

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    We got a two month younger version of Ty Sambrailo. If Bolles was 21/22 I would understand it. Even if he works out, he will already be regressing when he finishes his rookie contract.
    I feel the same but in his defense, we were all willing to sign Thomas, Peters or Staley but lets just hope he half as good as any of them when their age,
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

Hopefully the kid can play. Everything about him I read seems to be a negative but you can't measure drive and heart.

I am ok with the pick, but (and hopefully this has not already been mentioned), I hope he does not expect to play with his child in his hand.......

The draft class next year is loaded at OT and would not be surprised at all if we went that direction again 1st round. Bolles is a pretty good run blocker and can always fall back into the interior if he has difficulties outside. Think with his athleticism, he would make a very good LG worst case.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Sounds to me we are putting all the pressure on our coaches and team assistants to develop this guy into a starting LT

I understand all the risks people laid out including his learning troubles, possible penalty issues and age.

100% ok with this pick. Specially considering the next OT is not projected to be able to play LT in the NFL....even tho he seems to be the pick of mock drafts and a lot of posters on this board.

We will have to get much better production from OL coaching than what I have seen the last few years tho.

Just watched his interviews on the main page...this guy is real easy to like...not just as a person but his potential to be a good OT
    Last edited by Hadez; 04-30-2017 at 02:33 PM.
    "Preservation of our environment is not a liberal or conservative challenge, it's common sense" RONALD REAGAN

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am ok with the pick, but (and hopefully this has not already been mentioned), I hope he does not expect to play with his child in his hand.......
    Your hilarious....he will be carrying his child big time when he plays...in his heart!
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post

Elway drafted a lot of attitude. With SD, KC, and Oak--uh, Las Vegas improving as much as they are; we're going to need as much extra attitude as we can get..
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

Did any local Denver people catch where Bolles was asked on TV if he knew Derek Wolfe? They showed a clip of Wolfe saying he was going to kick Bolles' a$$ in practice. Bolles acted like he wasn't aware of who Derek Wolfe was, but said they were going to be best friends because of Wolfe's comment.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Did any local Denver people catch where Bolles was asked on TV if he knew Derek Wolfe? They showed a clip of Wolfe saying he was going to kick Bolles' a$$ in practice. Bolles acted like he wasn't aware of who Derek Wolfe was, but said they were going to be best friends because of Wolfe's comment.
    http://milehighsports.com/expect-hea...garett-bolles/
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16