Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolles

I'm not a football fan who gets overly involved with the details of football and running an organization. I could never get into an x's and o's debate about stuff like that. I find the draft rather boring.. I will sometimes watch it but, I totally forgot it was even on last night.

The way I see stuff like this is simple.. JE knows more in his little pinky about football than I ever will in my entire lifetime. And no offense but, I am guessing that's true for most.. maybe not everyone but, most.

I think what happens is sometimes we get too caught up in media chatter.. what the talking heads think. It's just like during the season they will talk non stop all week in the lead up to Sunday's, and they all make their opinions clear and make their predictions like they have a crystal ball. And then they actually play the game and many times these guys end up looking rather foolish.
    In my opinion the draft is pretty much the same.. everyone is just giving their best guess.. how many players who are highly regarded end up as busts and how many low drift picks end up actually exceeding expectations?
    It's like picking lotto numbers only there's a lot more work involved in it.

Anyway.. I don't see the need to worry about it... only time will tell what kind of player he will be. Who cares about what grade the media gives the Broncos.. it's a grade based on their opinions not actual facts at this point.

I'm not saying we shouldn't discuss it.. what else is there to discuss right now?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Marshall is slightly above average but his play is inflated due to the talent around him. Davis is average.
    Jarrad Davis or Reuben Foster on our defense would have solidified the middle for years to come and kept our defense top 5 which is afterall, what won us SB 50 in the first place.
    Still kinda mad we lost Trevathen but like I think we need lines more. I mean I want a mid later round lber that can compete. If we get some one who can protect the qb and keep our pass rushers and CBS elite we are still in a good spot having good defensive line play helps the running defense way more then a n elite ilb

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    And if Ty wins the starting job are you going to hold that opinion? Elway has said some very different things than you about him.
    I would be shocked if that happens and he may not even make the final roster....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    I'm not complaining about anything, except that we could have netted another second round pick, which is actually a pretty big deal. And apparently you know exactly what Elway is thinking, despite him saying exactly the opposite of what you just spouted.
    I doubt that. No way, imo, we traded down far enough to get another 2nd round pick and still got Bolles.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Ty finally had an offseason to weight train.... and it clearly shows. I wouldn't count him out.... and, just think, Ty is only 3 months older than Bolles (and has all that professional experience).

Bolles played 2 years at juco and 1 at Utah. In other words, Ty has as much experience in NFL as GB has in his "college" career.

If I was a betting man, I would wager on Ty winning the LT job.

It might be hard for Bolles to beat out Watson and Stephenson too for RT. We shall see....
    i'ld take that bet....

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I would be shocked if that happens and he may not even make the final roster....
    I'm expecting Ty to win the starting job. Once he does, Bolles could theoretically be kicked to RT and would potentially be an upgrade over Watson who is not real consistent.

I don't like the Bolles pick, but if it plays out that way (especially if we can somehow land Lamp as well) then our o-line will be all the better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    Bolles: "You touch my QB, you touch my RB, you touch my WR, it's like touching my wife; you're gonna get in trouble by me."
    oh....I like that!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    Elway says it all the time "you don't draft for need, you fill needs through trades and free agency. You draft best player available, period".

He doesn't stand by his own philosophy.
    sounds like Bolles was BPA to him......

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Elway hasn't drafted well on offense in so many years sometimes I really wonder what he's doing. This was horrible pick they were so much better talent on the board at 20.
    He also hasn't failed on 1st round picks either, his history with his 1st round pick is solid

The sky isn't falling everyone. Lets be happy we didn't trade up for him. I would have rather taken a chance on Foster since he is a top 10 talent, but Elway and his staff know what is best, it's their job....

That being said, I would have rather traded our 1st pick and 3rd pick for Joe Thomas pre-draft assuming that was the asking price if Denver was dead set on OT no matter what.

It's funny to me how the value of a draft pick is SOOOO high before the draft, but during the draft teams are will to throw them away to move up.
    Last edited by donnyrides; 04-28-2017 at 07:26 AM.

from here:

When Garett Bolles lays a defender flat on his back, he celebrates.

Quarterback Troy Williams has gone back to quite a few huddles where his junior left tackle excitedly brings up the player he just pancake-blocked.

"He tells me all the time, ‘Bro, I just got that guy. I got him,’" Williams said with a laugh. "And I’m like, ‘Yeah bro, I feel you, I saw you.’ Sometimes I don’t see him. But most of the time I just tell him I saw him."

Bolles is the kind of man you agree with: If being 6-foot-5 and 300 pounds isn’t enough, the former top-ranked junior college prospect in America has a nasty streak that seems to have been given rather than taught. He doesn’t just push men around the turf, he drives them into the ground. And when they seem like they might be getting back up, he pushes them down again.

The pancakes haven’t just been fodder for highlight-happy fans: Pro Football Focus tweeted this week that Bolles is their scouting services’s top-graded run-blocking tackle in the country, and a key piece of a unit that paved the way for running back Joe Williams’ record-setting performance against UCLA.

Without seeing every tackle in the country, coach Kyle Whittingham said he can’t be sure. But among Pac-12 tackles, he hasn’t seen anyone better.

"He’s tough, physical and finishes blocks," Whittingham said. "He’s so great at finishing blocks. He’s a mean, nasty player."

He added: "Not in an illegal way, but a good way."

Bolles came in with high expectations, and quickly assumed a starting role, billed as a three-way split between him, right tackle Sam Tevi, and tackle Jackson Barton. He struggled more than any lineman with false starts, particularly in early games against SUU and BYU.

But now it’s hard to have him off the field. Aside from strength, Bolles possesses decent speed for his size and can pull into the second level. And the way he keeps defenders on the ground — finishing his blocks — is the way the Utes want to play on offensive line.

And teammates agree: There’s rarely a moment when it doesn’t look like Bolles is having fun.

"It’s fun to see him out there with a big smile on his face," Troy Williams said. "He’s a great competitor. He finishes hard. You know he loves blocking. That’s one thing about an O-lineman, you’ve got to have that passion to go out there and actually block."

This guy reminds me of Wolfe. He has that same mentality of work hard and be the best he can be. I look forward to see how he does in preseason and in live action.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Interestingly the Bolles pick graded out at a C on NFL.com. Not saying that is anything to go by but it is graded as the second worst pick in the draft at this point. The only other teams that graded a C were teams without a 1st round pick haha
    It really isn't anything to go by. The same guy who gave us a C also gave the Bears a C. Their massive overpayment for a mediocre QB like Trubisky is easily a D or an F. This same "expert" also gave high grades to the Chiefs and Texans, who also massively reached for marginal QBs.

The change of opinions on Ty in just one day is hilarious.

Interestingly the Bolles pick graded out at a C on NFL.com. Not saying that is anything to go by but it is graded as the second worst pick in the draft at this point. The only other teams that graded a C were teams without a 1st round pick haha
    my fantasy team was graded a C by them too this past season. was projected to win 4 games.....won the league......