Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolles

I like his attitude and am hoping he works out for us. We really need nasty on our offense. He seems like he'll bring that. I think we have some good coaches to bring out his best.

I was initially disappointed with losing CMAC and then Foster but we need to start building our line. I'm hoping he's a good piece for us. Hearing Schlereth and others around the league give this piece a good thumbs up makes me more content.

Now, let's get more pieces.

Yes, Bolles was rated as one of the best OTs this year, in one of the weakest classes for OLs ever. Using how high he was ranked in a weak class for OTs is like saying Grumpy is a good draft pick for the Nuggets because he's the tallest dwarf.

I agree that we need to spend high picks on the OL. It's just that this wasn't the year to do it.

Bolles: "You touch my QB, you touch my RB, you touch my WR, it's like touching my wife; you're gonna get in trouble by me."
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie24 View Post
    I don't understand why everyone's so upset with this pick like we failed the 2017 season already lol.

Our Oline stinks, this guy is a mauler. He fits a need, was graded as one of the top 3 linemen available across the board by experts, and is already more matured and ready to start during our peak defense window what with being 25 years old already. I like this pick a lot can't wait to see who we choose tomorrow. I also agree with what was said earlier in this thread about his work ethic. With him bringing his baby boy up to the podium (cheesy but lol i know guys like that) you know he's going to work his ass off to make sure that kid has anything he could ever want. That's the kind of guys you want on your team - BIG STRONG MEAN HARD WORKERS.

Go Broncos! Keep the faith, guys.
    Elway says it all the time "you don't draft for need, you fill needs through trades and free agency. You draft best player available, period".

He doesn't stand by his own philosophy.

When you consider Jonathan Allen was still there at 17, Foster and Davis still on the board this pick is questionable at best. Sure we need OLine help but we also need help in the middle and stopping the run. Defense wins championships and there was waaaaaay too much talent left on the board for elway to pick Sambrailo 2.0. who wouldve been there in Round 2. His drafting ability is really not great IMO and this draft now has me scared. Maybe im the only one who thinks we need more defense because after all, thats what won us SB 50.

Also i think some teams draft BPA regardless of need and others draft need. I think in Round 1/2 you should always go BPA and more often than not you wont get burned. This one was a reach at best.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    When you consider Jonathan Allen was still there at 17, Foster and Davis still on the board this pick is questionable at best. Sure we need OLine help but we also need help in the middle and stopping the run. Defense wins championships and there was waaaaaay too much talent left on the board for elway to pick Sambrailo 2.0. who wouldve been there in Round 2. His drafting ability is really not great IMO and this draft now has me scared. Maybe im the only one who thinks we need more defense because after all, thats what won us SB 50.
    I keep seeing this would be available in round 2. Do you have anything to back this up because everything I've been seeing is the Seahawks attempted to trade up to grab him.

So if we didn't draft him he was gone by 26 which is still in the first.

As far as the passing on linebackers I believe they probably like who we have and have never drafted them high always getting them in the later rounds. Plus foster had that shoulder and none of us know what everyone else saw that made them pass on him.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Yes, Bolles was rated as one of the best OTs this year, in one of the weakest classes for OLs ever. Using how high he was ranked in a weak class for OTs is like saying Grumpy is a good draft pick for the Nuggets because he's the tallest dwarf.

I agree that we need to spend high picks on the OL. It's just that this wasn't the year to do it.
    I think Dopey was actually the tallest dwarf.

The whole draft is a stinker for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brakshow View Post
    Elway says it all the time "you don't draft for need, you fill needs through trades and free agency. You draft best player available, period".

He doesn't stand by his own philosophy.
    BPA is vague. It should be BPA in a position of need. If the BPA was a WR, what good would he do this team? Personally I am surprised he fell to us. He is a highly competitive player that brings a level of intensity to the position. Games are won and lost in the trenches.

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    I think Dopey was actually the tallest dwarf.
    Dopey couldn't pass drug testing.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Dopey couldn't pass drug testing.
    Probably right. However, I'd also bet Grumpy has had a few encounters with the law. The safest pick is probably Doc. Not much upside, though.

Not overly please with this pick. This isn't even me being mean to him, this is the honest truth of it all...We drafted an o-lineman with a mental disability (he said so himself) who scored a 9 on the wonderlic and was the most penalized collegiate o-linemen last year.

I still have faith Ty will win the job, if he does, maybe we can move this guy around or be depth. For him to not be a waste of a pick, at ripe old age of 25 he needs to make an immediate impact...

Not thrilled with this one at all, but we'll see what training camp brings and hope I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time)

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoPower View Post
    Also i think some teams draft BPA regardless of need and others draft need. I think in Round 1/2 you should always go BPA and more often than not you wont get burned. This one was a reach at best.
    In a weak draft class for O-linemen, I'd rather take the best of the small class and help our offense. In the later rounds the BPA is pretty close because the best have already been taken off the board.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

The bottom line is that the Broncos needed a LT like blood and they got the pick of the litter with the first OL off the board in the first round. I might have gone with Ramcyzk based on his name alone and Wisconsin pedigree, but what do I know? This is why the folks in the scouting department make the big bucks right? So ultimately, time will be the judge of this decision and they will be evaluated just like everyone else.