Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gary Barnidge

Ward and Harris have both tweeted about Barnage to broncos

It would be an interesting move. I think Denver has the Cap Cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    What's green excuse when McCoy was here before Gary system. Gary's system is suppose to help TEs

Green was suppose to be the passing tight end for this team,but JT emerged and Virgil was made the blocking tight end.He was never given a shot to be the player he was drafted for
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    Green was suppose to be the passing tight end for this team,but JT emerged and Virgil was made the blocking tight end.He was never given a shot to be the player he was drafted for
    So why not give him a shot?

I am sorry but I have heard that same thing for 4 years... After that long I feel coaches know what they have with him and its a blocking TE, great to have on the team but no need to make him something he hasn't proven to be in the NFL.

looking at the numbers, he'll probably command something between Vernon Davis 3 yr / $15m and Bennett 3 yr / $21 m. We do I believe have the cap space to swing that and fills a need.

And anyone wondering about green, we could in theory cut him and save 2.8m against the cap this year

The Steelers are a great landing spot for him. He probably wants to play for a contender with an established QB.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

We need to keep Derby and start over with the other TEs, it's time.
    Derby was able to come in as a first year player and out play the others. At least I think he was a first year guy.

I haven't looked at any stats but he probably has better 2016 numbers than Virgil greens entire career. Can we move on to something anything better already? I'll take him.

He was definitely given that shot last year and the year before. 2015 he couldn't beat out old Owen Daniels and 2016 he started out nice but caught a case of the drops. Both years we were forced to make a mid season trade for a TE because he couldn't step up.

Quote Originally Posted by OCbronco10 View Post
    The problem with that is I don't want to see Green drop the ball 15 out of 20 times.....
    He had 4 drops in 37 targets

Ok I am off the V. Green as our Pass Catching TE bandwagon now however I am on the AJ Derby TE ideal still not sold on Jeff H. So I can see Gary B in Denver.

SIgn Barnidge in a heartbeat. And go get Richardson from the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by OCbronco10 View Post
    Browns have just released him because they picked up Njoku last night.
    What are the chances we go after him? Has a Pro Bowl under his name and played well noting the fact the QB's who were throwing to him.

Does Elway give it a go?
    I would definitely scoop him up. He would fit perfectly with us. I can even see his name plate on the back of our jerseys! Great fit.
    #swapping