Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Carlos Henderson

I didn't know much about him before tonight, but watching videos, this kid is dynamic. There are a lot of missed tackles that he runs right through, and it looks like he has that extra gear that very few players have. I hope he brings some of this electricity to Denver!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLv8teWZpDY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOX-eaD_ajE
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

I believe he will make an impact. Great pick

Good post! I love what I see, he has really good vision as he runs after the catch looking for any space to squeeze through. Yeah, he has some impressive straight pull away speed! He will be awesome for kick returns!! He makes the tough catches look easy and his focus on the ball while it is flying to him is solid and probably why he can make those tough catches so easily.

So far, I am glad we didn't trade away our picks to move up. It is players like this that will improve our team that were available later.
    Last edited by haciendadad; 04-29-2017 at 04:43 AM.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

John Elway has been horrible at picking day 2 offensive skill players, however I think Carlos Henderson might just be the one who actually works out. Henderson averaged over 30 yards per kick return in his senior year and scored touchdowns on two occasions. Not only does he look like a rock solid prospect with a lot of desirable traits for a wide receiver, he is a reliable kick return man which is something we have been missing now for a number of years. When camp opens up I would assume he would be slated in to be the primary kick returner and competition for the number 3 receiving spot. I would hope by week 1 he had made enough plays to separate himself so he can establish a role on offense as well.

The pick is in! A burner

Loving this draft...
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

I love the Henderson pick. We have never had a reliable, consistent WR3. I've always wanted Fowler to step up and be that guy, but he hasn't shown enough for me to be comfortable with him as the 3rd WR. Norwood and Latimer have been underwhelming, so I expect Henderson, Fowler, and Taylor to compete for the 3rd spot.

We need a true gamebreaker on offense, and Henderson will do just that.

So is Henderson projected to play in the slot? We need someone reliable there, not afraid to take some hits and that our young QBs can dink and dunk with.

Here is a great analysis of him:

How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    So is Henderson projected to play in the slot? We need someone reliable there, not afraid to take some hits and that our young QBs can dink and dunk with.
    That should be where we use him. Everything I've read says he does his best work between the numbers. He's quick, makes defenders miss and sheds tackles and has the size to run through people. He's our first legitimate slot receiver guy since Welker (Sanders can play in the slot but we're better with him on the outside.)

He seems to be a little bit of Jarvis Landry, Golden Tate, Tyreek Hill and Cordaelle Patterson all in one!
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

I wasn't pleased with the Bolles pick,but after seeing highlights Henderson I can't wait to see him play.

He's the type of player this offense needs along with the speed guy we drafted,if all of them turns out great then this offense will be explosive.
    2016 Adopted Bronco-TJ Ward

between him and mckenzie i feel really happy about our Returner woes finally ending.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

He's a fellow La Tech Bulldog, so it does my heart good to see him drafted to my team.

I am very excited about this pick. I think he could be a true slot receiver that causes lots of Defensive match-up issues. He breaks tackles too. We drafted 3 guys that are better returners than anyone on our previous roster. Our defense is also going to get some practice with Tyrek Hill like speed now as well. Great job Elway.