Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Draft Trades That Didn't Materialize

Information based on this article: http://www.milehighreport.com/2017/4...ed-for-broncos

If CMC wasn't taken in the 8th pick, Broncos had a deal for Joe Thomas and their 12th pick. WOW!

They also tried to move up in the 2nd to get Adam Shaheen or Joe Mixon. I wonder if teams just don't like to trade with the Broncos, kinda like trading with the Patriots. It's tough being a top NFL, no one loves you.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

No I don't think teams don't want to trade with us because of that. Elway probably approaches these trades the same way he does contracts

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    No I don't think teams don't want to trade with us because of that. Elway probably approaches these trades the same way he does contracts
    Well, that Elway used to be a used car salesman and you know those guys have a certain reputation for being sneaky.

Who says teams don't want to trade with the Pats? They traded out of the first round this year.

Also traded several of their players this year. Belichek is always taking advantage of teams via trade.

So Joe Thomas is available then? That's interesting that a guy of that caliber is openly shopped around and there are no other takers? I'm not sure I buy this.
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Still would love to see Elway pull off a trade for Thomas.

My ONLY concern this year is the OL. We get it sorted and I'll be very excited for 2017 - even with us being in the AFC Best!

What I read....to me.... seemed like they tried a few things....that's all. I am sure every team has a few stories
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

It doesn't mention what we would had to have given up.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Who says teams don't want to trade with the Pats? They traded out of the first round this year.

Also traded several of their players this year. Belichek is always taking advantage of teams via trade.
    The draft day trades are one thing. But the player trades are what get me. Every year someone's a sucker believing they're trading for some great magical Patriot. And he winds up being complete junk. And Alabama is slowly becoming the same but in the draft. and it's funny that Belichek and Saban are good friends......

we would have had to given up next year's first for sure, as well as multiple picks and a few playmakers for both their 12th and Joe Thomas. I don't see Elway mortgaging the future in that way.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    we would have had to given up next year's first for sure, as well as multiple picks and a few playmakers for both their 12th and Joe Thomas. I don't see Elway mortgaging the future in that way.
    Maybe picks more than players. This regime seems more into drafting youth and the inexpensive talent than trading for hi priced vets.

I'm sure much is discussed between GMs before and during the draft that never materializes; probably much more than does.

Elway did make some moves that were interesting: Trades with Cleveland, San Francisco and Green Bay. He manages to move around. It may be safe to conclude that he will not go into a draft with a certain bunch of picks and not change any of them.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Broncos made push for McCaffrey

Not sure if anyone saw this article. Thought it was a decent read. I guess we were going to try and trade the Browns for their 12th pick and try and get McCaffrey and Joe Thomas. Details of what might have been are in the article.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...res-playmakers

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosIsWin View Post
    Not sure if anyone saw this article. Thought it was a decent read. I guess we were going to try and trade the Browns for their 12th pick and try and get McCaffrey and Joe Thomas. Details of what might have been are in the article.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/spor...res-playmakers
    irrelevant. happy with our draft. glad we didnt sell the farm for an unproven commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    irrelevant. happy with our draft. glad we didnt sell the farm for an unproven commodity.
    I agree. It always bums me out to hear who we 'wanted' or who we 'pushed for but didn't get'. It's a good bummer.

No disrespect to the op, thanks for finding the article.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED