Going All In On Special Teams

It looks like the organization (Elway) has finally realized the importance of being potent on returns! They've now drafted 3 players who are notable for their return abilities. Being potent on returns is very important, especially when you've got a struggling offense. They flip the field, and buy both your offense and defense room to operate.

I'm looking forward to reading about the battles for the return jobs in TC, and watching them in the preseason.

This is going to be a very good thing for the Broncos!
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    It looks like the organization (Elway) has finally realized the importance of being potent on returns! They've now drafted 3 players who are notable for their return abilities. Being potent on returns is very important, especially when you've got a struggling offense. They flip the field, and buy both your offense and defense room to operate.

I'm looking forward to reading about the battles for the return jobs in TC, and watching them in the preseason.

This is going to be a very good thing for the Broncos!
    we go from 0 guys who can pr and kr to 3 guys who did in college with 4.4 speed normally the low. so getting soem competition there is good and they all have good. between the numbers and little reading i did on mckenzie and henderson we could actually have a good pr in one of these 2.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

the kid from Georgia looks electric. I hope at least one of them becomes a competent returner, and makes the days of Jordan Norwood a distant memory.

I've always felt we treated STs as a side job with little importance and it has cost us. Glad to see some focus there.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlash1 View Post
    I've always felt we treated STs as a side job with little importance and it has cost us. Glad to see some focus there.
    Live and learn

Our Punter, Kicker, LS, PR, KR, and Gunners look like they will all be 26 or younger...could have a ST Dynasty brewing
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Our Punter, Kicker, LS, PR, KR, and Gunners look like they will all be 26 or younger...could have a ST Dynasty brewing
    I'd settle for just good consistently.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by SkyFlash1 View Post
    I agree with you 100% it takes all 3 phases Defense, Offense and Special Teams to win games and more importantly win Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I agree with you 100% it takes all 3 phases Defense, Offense and Special Teams to win games and more importantly win Championships.
    Yep. Special teams was a big reason we advanced through the playoffs and won the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Bootleg View Post
    the kid from Georgia looks electric. I hope at least one of them becomes a competent returner, and makes the days of Jordan Norwood a distant memory.
    He will be good! His height will make him disappear in the crowd pretty easily until he pops out the other end.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

It will be fun to see how well we improve in this department. I liked the idea of seeing what Raymond would bring to the table, but competition breeds greatness. I for one and super excited for this season.

I'm not a huge fan of actually making predictions and sounding too confident about them. But, I just get this feeling that by the end of the season, we will be able to safely say that we had a top 5 special teams unit.

I really like our new coordinator.

I think we have a top end kicker in McManus, assuming he doesn't break down mentally at some point.

I think our Punter will improve upon an already impressive Rookie campaign. Remember when people were complaining about him? Loved that Dixon proved many of his doubters wrong with a couple of rookie records, because some were very harsh towards him. I am also comfortable with saying we have one of the best, if not the best throwing punter in the NFL. Take it for what it's worth, of course.

Finally, we have three guys (four if you're on the Raymond bandwagon still) that could all end up being a pretty special returnman. I have to imagine that at least one of these guys turns out to be the real deal.

The only times I've been super excited about every single return (and not worried about every punt being dropped) have been when Tyler Locket and Darren Sproles were back there for Kansas State. I truly believe that I'm going to feel this way about one of these three guys this year, as none of them have appeared to have issues handling the ball, while excelling once it's in their hands.

Can't Wait!
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 05-12-2017 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of actually making predictions and sounding too confident about them. But, I just get this feeling that by the end of the season, we will be able to safely say that we had a top 5 special teams unit.

I really like our new coordinator.

I think we have a top end kicker in McManus, assuming he doesn't break down mentally at some point.

I think our Punter will improve upon an already impressive Rookie campaign. Remember when people were complaining about him? Loved that Dixon proved many of his doubters wrong with a couple of rookie records, because some were very harsh towards him. I am also comfortable with saying we have one of the best, if not the best throwing punter in the NFL. Take it for what it's worth, of course.

Finally, we have three guys (four if you're on the Raymond bandwagon still) that could all end up being a pretty special returnman. I have to imagine that at least one of these guys turns out to be the real deal.

The only times I've been super excited about every single return (and not worried about every punt being dropped) have been when Tyler Locket and Darren Sproles were back there for Kansas State. I truly believe that I'm going to feel this way about one of these three guys this year, as none of them have appeared to have issues handling the ball, while excelling once it's in their hands.

Can't Wait!
    Well, he is a kicker.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Well, he is a kicker.
    Exactly! lol Argument could be made for a kicker being the most likely position/player to go from being a top 3 player to bottom 3 player within a year in all of sports. I'm sure there are other that are likely as well, but I would not be surprised if an NFL Kicker was easily number one.