Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Mr. Irellevant

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    what can you take away from a highlight reel? Not much more than general overview. But one thing I took away was that Kelly isn't scared of getting hit but he also seems to know how to avoid the big time collision - most of the time. At least as opposed to someone like RG3 who would just get steam rolled.

Dude aint scared. Love that about him

He also looks a lil crazy which is pretty cool too
    Agreed. The thing I notice about him is how much he hates to lose. Not everyone has to show it. But, to see that from a qb can be very beneficial for a team imo.

It's probably wise to have 3 QBs on the team this year with Trevor's injury problems. Kelly was one of my favourite QBs this year there is no doubt he has talent it's just keeping him focused that's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The only down side for Chad Kelly I can think of at the moment is that Denver may need to devote three roster spots for QBs like they did for Trevor Siemian in 2015. Don't think Chad would last on the PS.
    ^^^^ THIS^^^^
    I don't think he will last on the PS either, it will be interesting to see
    If this Kid is committed enough to keep his nose clean, and at the same time show respect for his peers, what I have read is Kelly is more of A me guy and needs some humble pie, which I'm very sure he will get once Von comes storming thru the line like a freight train. Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    ^^^^ THIS^^^^
    I don't think he will last on the PS either, it will be interesting to see
    If this Kid is committed enough to keep his nose clean, and at the same time show respect for his peers, what I have read is Kelly is more of A me guy and needs some humble pie, which I'm very sure he will get once Von comes storming thru the line like a freight train. Hahaha
    That very well might be in the past. Here is a nice article about him, this a small blurb from it:

“Teammates look at you as more of a leader,” Kelly said. “Last year, every day was a competition. I still have to come to work every single day and not take a day off.”

This year, he did not have a starting spot to earn, already cementing his status as QB No. 1. He’s the face, and deservedly so, of an SEC football team and the best quarterback in the SEC.

“It’s a blessing to be in this position,” Kelly said. “I’ve got to come to work every single day if I want to make the best of this opportunity. Having special people like my coaches and teammates around me is a special feeling.”

More important than football though, he’s been an exemplary person while at Ole Miss. He’s twice made the trip to Haiti on mission trips, forgoing his spring break. The football team invited a cystic fibrosis patient, Madison Manning, to spend the day with the football team. His mother mentioned about how special Kelly made the day for her son by spending time with him.

Social media commonly refers to him as “Swag Kelly” because of some things in his past. For Kelly, those things are just that, in the past. He is just Ole Miss starting quarterback Chad Kelly.

“I’m trying to move past that,” Kelly said. “It is what it is. I brought it upon myself. I’m just trying to be Chad from Buffalo, New York. That’s it.”

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

I hope he isn't like his uncle... Jim's a real asshat.
    Superbowl 50 Champs!

He was a kid that acted like a kid, hopefully he grew up

The video quality isn't great... but I like the music much more than some gangsta rap. They put in some good commentator audio clips too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ9j0OG4ihA
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Agreed. The thing I notice about him is how much he hates to lose. Not everyone has to show it. But, to see that from a qb can be very beneficial for a team imo.
    Chad Kelly once counted to infinity......... twice.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

I hope he is motivated to not only be a top quality QB but to not be a complete jerk either.

Perhaps being "Mr Irrelevent" will humble the chap.

Quote Originally Posted by JrtheFreak View Post
    I hope he isn't like his uncle... Jim's a real asshat.
    I would take an exact replica of his uncle if it were an option.
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    Chad Kelly once counted to infinity......... twice.
    Don't think that fits well with that specific comment...