Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Irellevant

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    That would mean our season was a disaster.
    or it could mean that Kelly is the best QB on the team...

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    or it could mean that Kelly is the best QB on the team...
    Do you think they would give him a legit shot in this QB competition? Also isn't he supposed to miss a portion of the year anyways?
    Last edited by shawinkerpoppin; 04-30-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    It's not like we have an entrenched proven QB....
    Sounds like WWI.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Do you think they would give him a legit **** in this QB competition? Also isn't he supposed to miss a portion of the year anyways?
    Andrew Mason said Kelly should be ready by August. We'll see. If he isn't, Denver will need another arm for third team. If Kelly's health is OK, he might make the roster, or maybe PS to run scout team O during the season.

P.S. Kyle Sloter UDFA QB Northern Colorado
    Last edited by samparnell; 04-29-2017 at 08:37 PM.

Even Tajh Boyd has joined the discussion:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I hope Chad Kelly gets well enough to make the roster because he could run a killer scout team O that would give the starting D the best possible look in practice.

Chad absolutely SHREDDED several top 25 teams and kept Ole Miss competitive in a lot of nasty competitive SEC games. If this kid can stay out of trouble, get his mind and body right, he can legitimately make the team and even compete for the starting job. Wow!

We had several crazy steals this draft. Walker and Butt were both high 2nd, potential 1st round picks (if not for Butt's injury) and Kelly is a 1st/2nd round pick if not for his off the field issues. 3 STEALS, imo.

Carlos Henderson was slated as a 2nd rounder, top 10 WR. Definitely a mean receiver. I really like the way he plays. If he can be effective in the slot, that could be a huge pick. Someone get Stokely to teach this guy the ways of the slot!

The only pick that could be viewed as a "reach" is Bolles... and only time will tell. McKenzie is an interesting pick. High risk/reward type guy. I see him as a Trindon Holiday type. Hopefully he doesn't have the fumbling issues. I don't know much about the RB we grabbed.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 04-29-2017 at 10:45 PM.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Do you think they would give him a legit **** in this QB competition? Also isn't he supposed to miss a portion of the year anyways?
    absolutely

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Legit shot? (I'm guessing that's a typo)

Absolutely. Simian showed enough early on to keep him, carrying himself well but never really seemed to take his game to a higher level. Granted his injury last year may have played a large role in that. Lynch, for all his early hype, has not shown much to speak of either.

Switching from Kubiak's offense to a, reportedly, much more friendly QB offense under Joseph and McCoy ought to let both QBs improve dramatically but since neither is the clear leader, Kelly has the opportunity to make a case for himself. My guess is it's a long shot to consider him a starter or even disrupt the depth chart but the chance is real going in to TC, though he seems to have the requisite talent .

Experience at this level and personal maturity may be Kelly's greatest issues, both of which can be overcome with enough work and dedication.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    I hope Chad Kelly gets well enough to make the roster because he could run a killer scout team O that would give the starting D the best possible look in practice.
    Alfred Williams said that Bubby Brister was great for them in practice. He played a lot bigger role in Super Bowl 32 and 33 while the defense prepared. He gave them the look that Kordell Stewart and Brett Favre would be going to give them which made the defense well and prepared to face each quarterback Those years.

This may well end up being the steal of the draft. We're talking about arguably the best QB in the draft taken at the lowest possible spot. The ceiling for this kid is pretty high, and the investment was pretty low. We risk almost nothing and have so much to potentially gain. Great pick, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Alfred Williams said that Bubby Brister was great for them in practice. He played a lot bigger role in Super Bowl 32 and 33 while the defense prepared. He gave them the look that Kordell Stewart and Brett Favre would be going to give them which made the defense well and prepared to face each quarterback Those years.
    And this is exactly what his short term value will be. Elway is so smart at looking at all the little details that end up making a championship team. The bonus is, if this kid delivers full out with this role and stays humble he could grow into something special.
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

The only down side for Chad Kelly I can think of at the moment is that Denver may need to devote three roster spots for QBs like they did for Trevor Siemian in 2015. Don't think Chad would last on the PS.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The only down side for Chad Kelly I can think of at the moment is that Denver may need to devote three roster spots for QBs like they did for Trevor Siemian in 2015. Don't think Chad would last on the PS.
    Good point Samp....when Kelly is healthy again someone would surely scoop him up.
    How did I get so lucky at 8 years old to pick the Broncos as my favourite NFL team and 35 years later have them be the most successful winning franchise since I picked them

what can you take away from a highlight reel? Not much more than general overview. But one thing I took away was that Kelly isn't scared of getting hit but he also seems to know how to avoid the big time collision - most of the time. At least as opposed to someone like RG3 who would just get steam rolled.

Dude aint scared. Love that about him

He also looks a lil crazy which is pretty cool too
    Last edited by dizzolve; 04-30-2017 at 10:25 AM.
    Red 98