Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Our Team is significantly better now

After free agency and the draft we just got much much better. We got a slot receiver, a future star tight end, a Malik Jackson replacement (is he better than Zach Kerr?) much improved special teams, a much improved o line, the next MJD, I'm super pumped. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    After free agency and the draft we just got much much better. We got a slot receiver, a future star tight end, a Malik Jackson replacement (is he better than Zach Kerr?) much improved special teams, a much improved o line, the next MJD, I'm super pumped. Thoughts?
    I'll wait till September to judge. Things look good on paper. But that happens a lot after draft day.

Walker, Crick and Gotsis will compete for DE opposite Wolfe. Kerr and Peko will compete at NT.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

These days with limited rosters it's all about avoiding injuries to key players.

You're right things look much better now than before the draft.

I definitely think the team is deeper. It will probably take a year for the adjustments to be made (including the new coaches), so I'm not looking for drastic improvement in early 2017, but hopefully we'll see some progress by late in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    I definitely think the team is deeper. It will probably take a year for the adjustments to be made (including the new coaches), so I'm not looking for drastic improvement in early 2017, but hopefully we'll see some progress by late in the season.
    kelly will go down as one of the greatest mr irrelevant picks of all time as he becomes the starter in 2 years lol. Calling it now.

kelly will go down as one of the greatest mr irrelevant picks of all time as he becomes the starter in 2 years lol. Calling it now.
    I disagree. I don't think he has the football IQ to be an NFL quarterback. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Socnorb11 View Post
    Last time we got new coaches, we won the super bowl..... Just sayin.

Chad Kelly will take us to the promised land

I'm not upset about not drafting a middle backer because our D line got so much better. Peko and Kerr in the middle, wolf and Demarcus on the edge, and we are so much better on special teams now. We will be able to flip that field and win the game of field position more often than not greatly boosting our defense alone with special teams play. I'm also high on Bolles. the wisoncin guy has quit before and Cam had character issues, big ones, like illegal guns and weed. No thanks. This is by far a much better draft than least year. I'd love to see a healthy Gotsis pick it up and compete against Demarcus Walker though; I'm really looking forward to that battle.

We have a handful of living lottery tickets. Some will win, probably most will not. I'll be happy if we have two stars and two above average or "good" players out of this bunch.
    Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    We have a handful of living lottery tickets. Some will win, probably most will not. I'll be happy if we have two stars and two above average or "good" players out of this bunch.
    My goal every draft (for our team) is to land 2-3 players that can contribute significantly in year one, and 2 or more who can help as special teamers. And as for a QB, someone who will stay on the team for years to come. It is far too early to know which of these young men will make the grade. But my general feeling is that we filled some needs early, and added some skill/potential in the mid to late rounds. There is a reasonable chance that we may leave this draft with many long term impact players, perhaps even a QB! But other than the overall picture, I think the Butt selection was very smart, and it is high time we got serious about special teams!

As long as we hit with our OT pick and our DE pick, i dont care about the rest.
    If those 2 picks make a immediate impact, were a much, much better football team.

Altho i will say i also hope all out picks pan out. Normally that's not reality.

Time for Connor and Gotis to step up

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Walker, Crick and Gotsis will compete for DE opposite Wolfe. Kerr and Peko will compete at NT.
    I mentioned in a different thread that I think we need two DT's and five DE's on game day. What do you think? Sound about right or a bit off?
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I mentioned in a different thread that I think we need two DT's and five DE's on game day. What do you think? Sound about right or a bit off?
    That sounds too high, imo. I think 5, maybe 6, Dline will dress at most. I doubt they even keep 5 DEs on the final roster.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury