Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Our QB situation going forward

Overall, I'm very pleased with our QB situation headed forward. Obviously, it's nice to have a Brady, Rodgers, or Manning. Since we don't, having 3 good, young, cheap prospects isn't bad. Hopefully one of them develops into our franchise QB.

Siemian- Soft spoken, yet confident. Has a higher football IQ and more experience than the other two. Good overall physical talent. Still needs to improve footwork and gain strength to withstand rigors of NFL.

Lynch- Vast physical talent. The question is whether he can adjust to NFL and pro style offense. Must continue working on mechanics and reads. Another question is how long can Broncos afford to be patient.

Kelly- Also has remarkable physical tools. Has gunslinger mentality, which can be both a good and bad thing. Led his team to victories over some big time college teams. However, he has multiple red flags. He was kicked off Clemson's team and got into an altercation at a bar. Does he have the maturity and mentality to lead a football team? Hopefully, being Mr. Irrelevant will both humble and motivate him.

Short of having an All -Pro vet leading the way I am loving this situation with this trio. All have potential. All on cheap contracts for a couple years.

Three very different skillsets and personalities. Going to be interesting to see the offense McCoy installs with the current players and additions of the playmaking speed. Some creative options are coming IMO. Oline "should" be better with Leary, Watson, Bolles added and some new playcalling.

Which QB benefits the most form the changes? Which develops and stands out?. Let the battle begin and the best man win! Go Broncos!

Because Quarterbacks are the most valuable commodity in the game of football you can never have too many as there always appears to be a shortage of quality QBs in the National Football League. I look at these QBs like a valuable cash crop, you have to start out with quality seeds, then you have to cultivate the land, nurture, fertilize, water, etc providing everything they need to grow. Then you have to be patient and wait and one day, if you are lucky the plants will be ready to harvest and you reap those rewards or you sell (trade) them to someone else benefitting either way. Which QB you decide to keep for yourself and which one you trade can be figured out when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by sendacash View Post
    Because Quarterbacks are the most valuable commodity in the game of football you can never have too many as there always appears to be a shortage of quality QBs in the National Football League. I look at these QBs like a valuable cash crop, you have to start out with quality seeds, then you have to cultivate the land, nurture, fertilize, water, etc providing everything they need to grow. Then you have to be patient and wait and one day, if you are lucky the plants will be ready to harvest and you reap those rewards or you sell (trade) them to someone else benefitting either way. Which QB you decide to keep for yourself and which one you trade can be figured out when the time comes.
    If the Broncos market it well, when the expendable one is ready to be traded hopefully his stock has risen enough to give us a nice return!
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

I like our collection of Quarterbacks. Lots of shiny toys to work with.

I just don't want to see NE get their hands on any...
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

I like Seimian a lot, but not ready to trust him yet. You can have all the QBs you want and still not have one QB. Assuming all QBs at the pro level can put up points, it comes down to who do you trust with your backs against the wall, down by 6 with 90 seconds to go. That is the QB that takes the job.

Best case scenario is one or more of these guys show at least as much potential as Brock Osweiler and we choose to let one go in free agency, giving us a compensatory pick in the following draft, similar to how we got a high pick for Osweiler.
    2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

Maybe Elway's 7th round QBs will be like Shanahan's 6th round RBs?

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I hate to admit it but kelly is the best QB on the roster talent and potential wise. He beat bama twice with lesser teams; a very formidable feat. Kelly will also have a lot to prove as Mr. Irrelevant and the best value pick in our draft. He is 1st round talent hampered by injuries and off the field issues.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    Now that would be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Now that would be amazing!
    Yes it would.

Wish we had Ware, perhaps he could have mentored Kelly. Maybe Von can.

Straighten him out, and our QB potential is amazeballs.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I hate to admit it but kelly is the best QB on the roster talent and potential wise. He beat bama twice with lesser teams; a very formidable feat. Kelly will also have a lot to prove as Mr. Irrelevant and the best value pick in our draft. He is 1st round talent hampered by injuries and off the field issues.
    Vance was wrong... He was actually 1-1 vs Alabama. Would have been 2-0 had Kelly not choked away a 24-3 lead and fumble the game away.

Paxton is a first round talent without the off field or the injuries. No way does Kelly have more potential.

Fans love big arm, highly mobile QBs, but both Brady and PM would most likely fall to the bottom portion of Starting QBs when comparing them to other NFL staters. QB has become mostly a mental game, just need an arm good enough and pocket presence to go with it. My money is still on TS because he has the mental game down and his arm is actually pretty decent, as is his mobility. If one of the other guys does beat him out, that will be amazing because I do trust TS to set the bar pretty high.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    Fans love big arm, highly mobile QBs, but both Brady and PM would most likely fall to the bottom portion of Starting QBs when comparing them to other NFL staters. QB has become mostly a mental game, just need an arm good enough and pocket presence to go with it. My money is still on TS because he has the mental game down and his arm is actually pretty decent, as is his mobility. If one of the other guys does beat him out, that will be amazing because I do trust TS to set the bar pretty high.
    I wouldn't say that at all. I don't think any QB has the mental part "down" after only one season.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury