Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    One thing that I noticed about Siemian is that he checked down to his short release routes too often when he shouldn't have. I just read that his own defense in college called him "Check Down Trevor". That might be a problem that is unfixable.
    Found this a little funny from the article, "This is an offensive issue just as much as it is a Trevor Siemian issue. The O-line has been poor in pass protection, often leaving Siemian under duress" Nfl must not seem all that different to Trev
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

One thing that I noticed about Siemian is that he checked down to his short release routes too often when he shouldn't have. I just read that his own defense in college called him "Check Down Trevor". That might be a problem that is unfixable.
    Ala Kyle Orton. We don't need another master of the check down. And it's not gonna fly in a McCoy offense.

I can't wait to see posters whine and cry once Paxton or Kelly become our starter.

Agreed - he's too afraid to lose. If we can't throw it down the field we can't open up the run game or underneath routes

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    I can't wait to see posters whine and cry once Paxton or Kelly become our starter.
    Yup - their unconditional love for TS is mindboggling. I'm liking this undrafted Colorado kid. Threw darts all over the field and has serious wheels. Looks like a white Mariota

This place will be awesome for a couple days after Siemian is named the starter, yet again. Can't wait for all the butt hurt posters.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    This place will be awesome for a couple days after Siemian is named the starter, yet again. Can't wait for all the butt hurt posters.
    Clear, well thought out, concise response. Good Job!

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

What does our rookie TE have to do with this?

Clear, well thought out, concise response. Good Job!
    Ruh Roh.
    Looks like its starting sooner than anticipated.

Ruh Roh.
    Looks like its starting sooner than anticipated.
    people might respect your posts more if added more substance and fewer put downs....

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

people might respect your posts more if added more substance and fewer put downs....
    I don't post here for respect, I post here to state my opinions. I also don't put people down and I'm not the only one who has posted something like this. I have added plenty of substance to the QB situation, you just disagree, which is fine you've made that clear. If you have a problem with my posts then don't reply to them. I mean that in no way that might offend you, I am just being straightforward.

When Trevor wins the starting job you can come back and reread my posts, maybe they will make
    more sense then.

I don't post here for respect, I post here to state my opinions. I also don't put people down and I'm not the only one who has posted something like this. I have added plenty of substance to the QB situation, you just disagree, which is fine you've made that clear. If you have a problem with my posts then don't reply to them. I mean that in no way that might offend you, I am just being straightforward.

When Trevor wins the starting job you can come back and reread my posts, maybe they will make
    more sense then.
    I posted this:

you could have come back with some tangible rebuttal with some evidence showing how he might be improving in that area. Instead your response was:

yep...solid substance....and yes, I am taking that as a put down by you to anyone who questions Siemian in any way. You may not know this but I predicted Siemian would be the starter during last seasons TC, before preseason even started....

I thought his check down issues were due to being young, inexperienced, and playing behind a weak Oline. It turns out...that is his history.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 05-03-2017 at 06:02 PM.

I posted this:

you could have come back with some tangible rebuttal with some evidence showing how he might be improving in that area. Instead your response was:

yep...solid substance....

I thought his check down issues were due to being young, inexperienced, and playing behind a weak Oline. It turns out...that is his history.
    I didn't even quote your post so I don't know why you think my post was directed at you. I wouldn't personalize so much.

My honest impression is that Siemian is already halfway through Mike McCoy's playbook while Paxton Lynch is still on the first page. I really hope Lynch proves me wrong with his mental approach to the game.

Osweiler looked good enough in Kubiak's system to get all that money from Houston (and Elway wanted him as Manning's successor). Once Osweiler was inserted into Bill O'Brien's offense, with more responsibilities thrown at the QB before the snap, he looked awful and only lasted one season there. So, I won't discard the possibility of Siemian taking a step back trying to adjust to McCoy's system.

However, if Siemian struggles mentally, I think all the QBs on the roster will. There is a notion that McCoy designed an easier offense with less verbiage and more shotgun, but he is probably installing a system influenced by McDaniels and Manning, where the QB has to set the pass protection, make more reads and change plays and routes at the line.

EDIT:

By the way, I watched some videos of the new undrafted QB, Kyle Sloter, and he looks impressive. 6'5", rocket arm, 4.7 speed, a lot of big-time throws down the field. Really interesting player to have in training camp. He looks like a legit developmental QB with upside.

Last edited by -Rod-; 05-03-2017 at 06:28 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    My honest impression is that Siemian is already halfway through Mike McCoy's playbook while Paxton Lynch is still on the first page. I really hope Lynch proves me wrong with his mental approach to the game.

Osweiler looked good enough in Kubiak's system to get all that money from Houston (and Elway wanted him as Manning's successor). Once Osweiler was inserted into Bill O'Brien's offense, with more responsibilities thrown at the QB before the snap, he looked awful and only lasted one season there. So, I won't discard the possibility of Siemian taking a step back trying to adjust to McCoy's system.

However, if Siemian struggles mentally, I think all the QBs on the roster will. There is a notion that McCoy designed an easier offense with less verbiage and more shotgun, but he is probably installing a system influenced by McDaniels and Manning, where the QB has to set the pass protection, make more reads and change plays and routes at the line.

EDIT:

By the way, I watched some videos of the new undrafted QB, Kyle Sloter, and he looks impressive. 6'5", rocket arm, 4.7 speed, a lot of big-time throws down the field. Really interesting player to have in training camp. He looks like a legit developmental QB with upside.

Sloter is so sick. Even played WR and throws darts all over the field. I'm telling you he's a poor mans mariota with more upside because he likes to keep his eyes up field