Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    everything I read about this kid just kinda bothers me. He really doesnt seem like a leader at all. The articles have several quotes from him and they are all just whining about how amazing he is and everyone is stupid for not picking him or how he has had it so rough.

If he had a better attitude and stayed out of trouble he probably would have been drafted much earlier.

Im a lot more interested in Kyle sloter to be honest.
    Not sure if this was already posted - Elway called Jim Kelly about Chad.

https://www.google.com/amp/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/11/jim-kelly-says-chad-kelly-finally-gets-it/amp/

There aren't many details about the conversation but here's a link with comments from Jim Kelly. Remains to be seen how much Chad has changed - people can change for the better. He's got a chance with a world class organization so he better get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Not sure if this was already posted - Elway called Jim Kelly about Chad.

https://www.google.com/amp/profootba...y-gets-it/amp/

There aren't many details about the conversation but here's a link with comments from Jim Kelly. Remains to be seen how much Chad has changed - people can change for the better. He's got a chance with a world class organization so he better get it right.
    yea I have already read that. Hes family so of course hes going to say nice things about his nephew who is trying to become a starter in the nfl. Chad certainly doesnt seem humble and he has a history of getting into trouble. Obviously he can change but he needs to show it long term, not just have a biased family member talk him up. Are we supposed to hold his opinion higher than other family members of players with baggage because of his name? Its just very rare to see nfl qbs have attitudes like that and become long term franchise qbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbroncs View Post
    yea I have already read that. Hes family so of course hes going to say nice things about his nephew who is trying to become a starter in the nfl. Chad certainly doesnt seem humble and he has a history of getting into trouble. Obviously he can change but he needs to show it long term, not just have a biased family member talk him up. Are we supposed to hold his opinion higher than other family members of players with baggage because of his name? Its just very rare to see nfl qbs have attitudes like that and become long term franchise qbs.
    Well, unless you're one of those people that actually holds it against him for defending his little brother that was being kicked underneath a pile during the brawl, where he actually didn't end up doing anything, then he has actually been clean for around 3 years now. That brawl was so overblown, because most people just read the title and assumed, "oh there's Swag Kelly fighting high school kids", when that isn't what happened.

As for him not seeming humble. He could be well versed by now in how to pretend to be humble, so maybe it is just an act. But, over the last couple of years, what has he said and done that tells you that he hasn't been humbled by his experience of being kicked off of clemson's team and forced to go the Juco route just to get his playing career back on track? Because to me, he has said all of the right things and stayed out of trouble since the night club (he said/she said) experience 3 years ago. Again, I admit that he could just be smart enough/been coached up enough to know how to say the right things. Who knows. But, I think he should be given a chance, as a 7th round, low risk pick, to see if he really has changed.

As for your last line, I bet you there have been many great qb's with big time attitude problems when they were younger because they had huge egos. But, the 21-23 years of age Chad Kelly hasn't shown to be a problem for his coaches, as they've praised him and the teammates he plays with seem to love him as well.

As someone who follows college football very closely, Kelly is the most talented QB on the Denver roster WITHOUT A DOUBT. Now whether or not Chad can overcome the off the field issues along with the injuries, well we will just have to wait and see.