Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    The million dollar question. I say bring him into camp and see how healthy he really is. Besides last year he was still averaging above 5 yac. He's basically had two years off so less wear and tear and more time to recover. Worth a shot imo
    At a low cost it is a low risk. No issue with taking the chance. I'm just not investing too much into it until we see what he has to offer on the field.

Could be an interesting camp vet in teaching the young group how to be professionals. If he can make it into the season even better. But there is a reason KC and every other team have passed on him.

Not sure I consider missing seasons due to a knee injuries and rehabbing as "taking time off" though.

That's just me quibbling though.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    At a low cost it is a low risk. No issue with taking the chance. I'm just not investing too much into it until we see what he has to offer on the field.

Could be an interesting camp vet in teaching the young group how to be professionals. If he can make it into the season even better. But there is a reason KC and every other team have passed on him.

Not sure I consider missing seasons due to a knee injuries and rehabbing as "taking time off" though.

That's just me quibbling though.
    The reason teams were "passing" on Charles and the reason Adrian Peterson had to take a low-ball deal when he did is cuz this year's RB class was loaded. Teams wanted to see what happened in the draft before committing money and reps to a vet. Say for instance Denver was successful in trading up for CMac or Dixon, do u think Charles would be coming in then? Of course not. However now that the draft is over, Charles fills a spot in the Darren Sproles/ Danny Woodhead role in McCoys offense. This would be a huge upside pickup with very little downside as the deal he gets should be very favorable for the Broncos.

I've been waiting to hear about this for weeks. I hoped but seriously doubted we'd be able to get a RB like CMac or Cook in the draft at #20, so I didn't feel confident about getting an explosive RB in the draft. But I figured we wouldn't make a move on one until after the draft is over. I know a lot of people like our RBs, but we do not have a RB that explosiveness and is a threat to take it to the house on any given play. I really like how CJ runs, but he's a grinder, not a hit the edge and take it 50 yards type of back. Charles has an injury history, but that dude can strike at any moment. Whether is stretch run, screen or swing pass, he gets in open space and goes the distance. I definitely want him on the roster.

Code:
    22 	Anderson, C.J. 	RB 	5-8 	224	26	5 	California
    23 	Booker, Devont 	RB 	5-11 	219	24	2 	Utah
    	Henderson, De' 	RB 	5-7 	208		R 	Coastal Carolina
    30 	Pierce, Ber 	RB 	6-0 	222	25	6 	Temple
    40 	Thompson, Juw 	RB 	5-11 	225	24	4 	Duke
    32 	Janovich, Andy 	FB 	6-1 	238	23	2 	Nebraska

I'd say if he signs with the team and sticks then either Juwan Thompson or Bernard Pierce gets released. I don't know much about Pierce but Thompson offers depth at FB. I would lean towards Pierce being the odd man out, but I could see both of them going away. How many RB's are we going to keep?
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

People saying Charles will take CJ's job. That's definitely a possibility but we all know CJ PERFORMS when the pressure is on and somebody is trying to take his job. You can never count CJ out, if they both would stay healthy they could be a great 1-2 punch.
    Defense wins Championships, but Offense helps...

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Code:
    22 	Anderson, C.J. 	RB 	5-8 	224	26	5 	California
    23 	Booker, Devont 	RB 	5-11 	219	24	2 	Utah
    	Henderson, De' 	RB 	5-7 	208		R 	Coastal Carolina
    30 	Pierce, Ber 	RB 	6-0 	222	25	6 	Temple
    40 	Thompson, Juw 	RB 	5-11 	225	24	4 	Duke
    32 	Janovich, Andy 	FB 	6-1 	238	23	2 	Nebraska

I'd say if he signs with the team and sticks then either Juwan Thompson or Bernard Pierce gets released. I don't know much about Pierce but Thompson offers depth at FB. I would lean towards Pierce being the odd man out, but I could see both of them going away. How many RB's are we going to keep?
    And Juwan plays special teams as well, I dont know much about Pierce though.
    Defense wins Championships, but Offense helps...

Nothing Better Than Jamal Charles gashing KC looking for revenge and Denver will destroy KC two times I dig it !

If Charles signs, he will form the 1-2 punch with Anderson. The team can go to game day with 2 RBs that don't play on special teams. It happened before with Anderson and Hillman. DeAngelo Henderson could be the #3 RB because he will probably have a role on special teams. That means there's a chance Devontae Booker becomes a regular inactive until Anderson or Charles gets hurt. These are the 4 RBs the team would carry if Henderson makes the final roster. Last season, Mike McCoy kept 3 RBs and 1 FB on the Chargers roster. I hope Janovich stays.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I love the idea of this. Possibly more juice if he is healthy. His post recently was a rigorous workout he's been doing. If he's asking for a reasonable price that fits our budget, I would love this signing. Anderson, Charles, Booker and Henderson is awesome!! And Janovich leading the way!

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    If Charles signs, he will form the 1-2 punch with Anderson. The team can go to game day with 2 RBs that don't play on special teams. It happened before with Anderson and Hillman. DeAngelo Henderson could be the #3 RB because he will probably have a role on special teams. That means there's a chance Devontae Booker becomes a regular inactive until Anderson or Charles gets hurt. These are the 4 RBs the team would carry if Henderson makes the final roster. Last season, Mike McCoy kept 3 RBs and 1 FB on the Chargers roster. I hope Janovich stays.
    Janovich should make the roster as a special teams player minimum, he is a beast when healthy. Denver really missed him on offense when he got hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I think Henderson probably goes to the PS and we carry Booker and Janovich
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 05-01-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OCbronco10 View Post
    People saying Charles will take CJ's job. That's definitely a possibility but we all know CJ PERFORMS when the pressure is on and somebody is trying to take his job. You can never count CJ out, if they both would stay healthy they could be a great 1-2 punch.
    It is a stretch that we sign Charles and he stays healthy all season along with CJ. But if that happens then we could potentially have potent run game, especially with the oline upgrades. CJ is good, Jamaal Charles could make him even better. Then if some of that extra speed we added pans out for the offense, things could be looking good. It's still super early but so far things are looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Janovich should make the roster as a special teams player minimum, he is a beast when healthy. Denver really missed him on offense when he got hurt.
    I would be shocked if Janovich didn't make this team.

Ahhh man if he can stay healthy and stick it to the Chiefs twice a year....... Do it!

Juwan best chance to make this team is to compete with janovich for the starting fullback position. I dont think we carry more than 3 running backs and its hard to see booker CJ and Charles not making it unless Charles is completely washed up.