Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    It is a stretch that we sign Charles and he stays healthy all season along with CJ. But if that happens then we could potentially have potent run game, especially with the oline upgrades. CJ is good, Jamaal Charles could make him even better. Then if some of that extra speed we added pans out for the offense, things could be looking good. It's still super early but so far things are looking great.
    It's also a stretch cj stays healthy.

Would love to see what a back field of cj/pierce/Charles could do if they can all stay healthy

We might surprise the league on the ground and control the air on d.......its a superbowl formula

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    It's also a stretch cj stays healthy.

Would love to see what a back field of cj/pierce/Charles could do if they can all stay healthy

We might surprise the league on the ground and control the air on d.......its a superbowl formula
    It is, I almost expect CJ to miss a few games this season. But if we can use CJ, Charles and a 3rd back to lighten the load each has to carrier then maybe they all can stay fresh. If we get Charles I think we have a much improved ground game between all the changes. If CJ and Charles stay healthy then I think we can do good things this season, division title looks realistic again along with a playoff spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post

Yep, in other words... If his knee checks out, and if he'll agree to an incentive laden contract, then Jamaal Charles will be a Bronco. It's kind of weird saying that, but I'm cool with it.
    Winter is Coming!

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    Juwan best chance to make this team is to compete with janovich for the starting fullback position. I dont think we carry more than 3 running backs and its hard to see booker CJ and Charles not making it unless Charles is completely washed up.
    I don't believe that Thompson can beat out Janovich at the FB position. Thompson looked like he was getting better at it last year. In the last game when everyone was playing hard for Kubiak he actually looked pretty good. But I don't see that happening. Thompson is at best a depth guy and a Special Teamer if all other RB's are healthy.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

I would love this pick up if Charles can stay healthy and make it through the season beating the Chiefs 2x a year is iceing on a cake.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I don't believe that Thompson can beat out Janovich at the FB position. Thompson looked like he was getting better at it last year. In the last game when everyone was playing hard for Kubiak he actually looked pretty good. But I don't see that happening. Thompson is at best a depth guy and a Special Teamer if all other RB's are healthy.
    I really don't understand why he never gets a chance when there is plenty of opportunity. The tape on him from a couple years ago is great he is easily the strongest runner on the team but even with all the injuries last year they give him like 2 carries and then take him off the field.

Unfortunately if we sign Charles to any decent contract we will lose our compensatory 3rd next year that we are getting from Clady. So I would hope he's worth it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Unfortunately if we sign Charles to any decent contract we will lose our compensatory 3rd next year that we are getting from Clady. So I would hope he's worth it at that point.
    You mean Okung? There is no way we sign Charles anywhere close to that contract that it would cancel it. Only thing I can see is if the combination of contracts we've signed people to, count towards that process. As for that, I'm unsure.
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 05-01-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    You mean Okung? There is no way we sign Charles anywhere close to that contract that it would cancel it. Only thing I can see is if the combination of contracts we've signed people to, count towards that process. As for that, I'm unsure.
    If we sign him to a contract more than $1 mil then the other picks all move up in their current cancellation, So Leary will cancel out Okung. We currently have 3 QFA(Qualifying Free Agents) signed and 4 QFA lost, so Okung would net us the 2nd or 3rd complementary 3rd rounder for next year. If we sign JC to a contract over $1mil he will count as our 4th QFA and cancel out Okung. Unless we release someone and they are signed for a similar contract that would cancel out our JC aquisition.

Not 100% but like 95% sure.

Compensatory picks were originally designed to compensate teams that lost more in free agency than they gained. You gain them by losing qualifying players. So logically you forfeit them by signing qualifying players. So if the Chicago Bears watch four qualifying players leave in free agency, but sign three qualifying players to join their team, then they only net one compensatory pick.

But what about non-qualifying players? Guys who got cut or waived by their former team? They don't count. You don't get a compensatory pick for them, nor does it cost the team who signs them a compensatory pick either.
    Ok, since Jamaal Charles was cut, we actually shouldn't have to worry! Was not aware of that rule, and still a bit suspicious. But looks good.
    Last edited by Kon; 05-01-2017 at 09:00 PM.

Wow- could be a high reward signing......He won't be asked to do much more than give us a good passing option and exploit some slow fronts.

I like the idea....I hope he checks out

Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    If Charles is healthy, he's worth that pick even if for one season! especially if we win a championship.

A high pick is a high pick but who cares if we get Charles and we make a serious run! Have faith my dude, have faith!

Quote Originally Posted by OCbronco10 View Post
    People saying Charles will take CJ's job. That's definitely a possibility but we all know CJ PERFORMS when the pressure is on and somebody is trying to take his job. You can never count CJ out, if they both would stay healthy they could be a great 1-2 punch.
    When Anderson is healthy he has had some great clutch moments for us, but to say he always performs when the pressure is on is a bit of a stretch. I think this could very well be his last season in Denver if he doesn't put it together on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    If Charles signs, he will form the 1-2 punch with Anderson. The team can go to game day with 2 RBs that don't play on special teams. It happened before with Anderson and Hillman. DeAngelo Henderson could be the #3 RB because he will probably have a role on special teams. That means there's a chance Devontae Booker becomes a regular inactive until Anderson or Charles gets hurt. These are the 4 RBs the team would carry if Henderson makes the final roster. Last season, Mike McCoy kept 3 RBs and 1 FB on the Chargers roster. I hope Janovich stays.
    Depending on how the WR and CB depth chart shakes out (namely the special teams contributions by our new draft picks at WR/CB), it could free up an extra spot on offense to carry a 4th RB on game days.

Would be nice to get a run game like back in 05. Anderson and Bell were a perfect 1-2 punch. I think they had 2k yards and 20tds between them.

We could really use a home run threat out of the field, even if he has lost a step, he is still 5 steps faster than CJ or Booker lol.

If anything we need the depth, and all our current RBs are similar, we need some diversity !