Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Diggs4 View Post
    We could really use a home run threat out of the field, even if he has lost a step, he is still 5 steps faster than CJ or Booker lol.

If anything we need the depth, and all our current RBs are similar, we need some diversity !
    And imagine Charles in the screen game. As long as he is healthy and isn't counted on to have the brunt of the carries he will be a real weapon for our offense. That is something we haven't had, and in McCoy's system he will be huge for us.

Though Jamaal Charles is 30, he's only run the ball 83 times combined in the last 2 years. So, if his knees are 100% good to go, aside from his knees, he will kinda be running with 28 year old legs.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

We'll soon find out if he has anything left...
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    Though Jamaal Charles is 30, he's only run the ball 83 times combined in the last 2 years. So, if his knees are 100% good to go, aside from his knees, he will kinda be running with 28 year old legs.
    Saw this same type of rationale concerning Romo when he was being considered.

Accumulation of injuries, major surgeries and two years of rehab are not the same as him taking two years of vacation.

Charles' body has still taken a beating. The structural integrity of his legs have been comprised. He is not the same player he was a couple years ago even with the repairs and rehab.

Still may have some abilities remaining. Still may be able to contribute for the Broncos. IMO it remains to be seen just how much he has left. How much less of what he used to be is the million dollar question. Is he 90%? 80% Less? At what point is the drop off not worth it.? Elway has a tough decision to make here.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Accumulation of injuries, major surgeries and two years of rehab are not the same as him taking two years of vacation.

Charles' body has still taken a beating. The structural integrity of his legs have been comprised. He is not the same player he was a couple years ago even with the repairs and rehab.

Still may have some abilities remaining. Still may be able to contribute for the Broncos. IMO it remains to be seen just how much he has left. How much less of what he used to be is the million dollar question. Is he 90%? 80% Less? At what point is the drop off not worth it.? Elway has a tough decision to make here.
    I wouldnt even call it a tough decision. He won't be expensive. So it's easy. The only question is can he contribute more than J. Thompson? If so, sign him.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

I don't think it's all that tough. If he's healthy, everything checks out ok you sign him. There aren't a lot of other options out there, if Jamaal is healthy he will contribute more than some of our current RBs. We won't no the drop off until next season starts so if the money is right make it happen.

ya I dunno ...the dude was fast years ago, but a 10 season rb who has had major damage to his knees twice isn't somebody I would grab

the life span of a NFL RB career is short, combine that with ten years of abuse and use, the injuries, i rather we didn't pin so much hope on him

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    ya I dunno ...the dude was fast years ago, but a 10 season rb who has had major damage to his knees twice isn't somebody I would grab

the life span of a NFL RB career is short, combine that with ten years of abuse and use, the injuries, i rather we didn't pin so much hope on him
    But, if he signs cheap, what does it hurt? It won't take long to see if he still has something in the tank. I don't see the issue, because best case, we get a rb with big play capabilities. At worst, we cut him for minimal damage.

Awesome, looks like he's going to be a Bronco here shortly.

Saw on twitter that there is a deal in place. Only thing stopping this from happening is the physical

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    But, if he signs cheap, what does it hurt? It won't take long to see if he still has something in the tank. I don't see the issue, because best case, we get a rb with big play capabilities. At worst, we cut him for minimal damage.
    by being forced to put a prospect like Deangelo Henderson on the practice squad where he may not clear waivers

Brad Fanning‏Verified account @bradfanningshow 44m44 minutes ago

source tells me the #Packers are interested in #JamaalCharles as well, but if he passes the physical in #Denver, the #Broncos deal is done
    11 replies 57 retweets 43 likes

Ted Rydquist‏ @RydquistSports 44m44 minutes ago

SOURCE: Former #Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles has agreed to a 1-Yr deal with the #Broncos. #NFL
    Hmmm..........

Welcome to Denver Charles! Great pick up I feel he has several good years left.

by being forced to put a prospect like Deangelo Henderson on the practice squad where he may not clear waivers
    He's a sixth round pick...dunno if he can contribute more than Charles yet.

I would take my chances with Charles and see what happens with Henderson later

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury