Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    There were a couple big strong guards I wanted that we didn't get. Its understandable considering we have several guys on rookie deals that were picked fairly high that they still want to give a chance to prove themselves with new coaching. Probably why we didn't press hard to move up and grab lamp or Robinson on day 2.

Leary, Watson, Bolles. We are significantly improved from last year.

hopefully Elways still putting football before politics though Leary was a huge upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    hopefully Elways still putting football before politics though Leary was a huge upgrade
    Elway the man! He's so great he can do both at same time.

If Elway wanted to go OL back-to-back without reaching, he could have drafted Dion Dawkins in the 2nd round. I like him a lot and the Bills picked him at #63.

To compensate for not having DeMarcus Walker, I would have taken NT Jaleel Johnson at #101. Johnson is a powerful, disruptive NT that had 10 TFL and 7.5 sacks for Iowa last season. If you go to Daniel Jeremiah's twitter account, you will see him showing film of Johnson destroying offensive lines.

Even with Walker in the 2nd, I would have loved to see Johnson going to the Broncos, much better value than Langley who will only contribute on special teams. Talk about upgrading the DL. Johnson was picked by the Vikings at #109.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    If Elway wanted to go OL back-to-back without reaching, he could have drafted Dion Dawkins in the 2nd round. I like him a lot and the Bills picked him at #63.

To compensate for not having DeMarcus Walker, I would have taken NT Jaleel Johnson at #101. Johnson is a powerful, disruptive NT that had 10 TFL and 7.5 sacks for Iowa last season. If you go to Daniel Jeremiah's twitter account, you will see him showing film of Johnson destroying offensive lines.

Even with Walker in the 2nd, I would have loved to see Johnson going to the Broncos, much better value than Langley who will only contribute on special teams. Talk about upgrading the DL. Johnson was picked by the Vikings at #109.
    I bet we grab NT next draft with both Pekos and Kerr filling the void for a sub par Sly. Demarcus will be a huge upgrade over crick and a slight one over vance walker. still hope we keep vance though.

I got a reputation notification for galactic as hyperbole.

Ok, But I really thought it through. And have heard them on the east coast harp about our oline woes, so they probably are concerned outside the us borders then too. That made me think wow there are likely even fans on mars grey face palming over us too as our thud of a fall from grace - therefore Galactic.

Go Broncos man!

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    I got a reputation notification for galactic as hyperbole.

Ok, But I really thought it through. And have heard them on the east coast harp about our oline woes, so they probably are concerned outside the us borders then too. That made me think wow there are likely even fans on mars grey face palming over us too as our thud of a fall from grace - therefore Galactic.

Go Broncos man!
    You're starting to worry me...
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    All we took in the draft is a left tackle?

Discuss.
    Not really a good class to try and take O-Linemen. They probably felt better about who they drafted versus drafting for need and reaching. I don't think with the changes we've made, our o-line will be as bad as it has been in the past few years, but I don't think they'll be phenomenal. Making a good o-line takes a few years, generally speaking. If they keep doing what they did this year for the next few years, it'll be top notch eventually.

I'm still quite skeptical. Leary will be an upgrade. Anyone clamoring for a rookie LT to start, should realize there will be major growing pains. I'm not convinced Paradis is suited for an angle blocking scheme. We have discussed the RG and RT positions as nauseum. It will be more crossing our fingers and hope it works out. I really think Elway missed out on OL in free agency. He would have been smart to add a few more players instead of waiting on Romo. JM2C

I totally agree with your last point. We dinked around with Romo so much we lost out on a stud like Calais Campbell for like a mere 6 million over a 3 years.

Bronco fan for 31 years!!!!