Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,091

    Most Intriguing Position Battle?

    We've got a ton of extra faces coming in this season. Fresh meat on the o-line, some sweet new returners, a couple extra running backs, couple more bodies at the DT position, added a little depth at pass-rusher again. We even got a shiny new Quarterback. Like coach Joseph said: "This isn't a rebuild, it's a reboot".

    Time to flex our Denver muscle again, and fight for a championship! Which position battle intrigues you the most?

    For me it's a toss up between RB and Special Teams. I can't wait to see who's going to come on top of the fight to return kicks, and I'm excited to see what rotations we see at RB. Who we keep, who has to go; all so many questions. Can't wait for training camp to begin!
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,926
    QB for me. There aren't too many positions up for competition. One or 2 Oline, QB, maybe RB but Charles may take it.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    QB for me. There aren't too many positions up for competition. One or 2 Oline, QB, maybe RB but Charles may take it.
    QB's always a fun battle. I really don't see it changing a whole lot. As hyped as I am for Mad-Chad Kelly. I don't see him coming anywhere near close to beating out Siemian. And I don't really see him getting many more reps over Paxton Lynch. But you never know..
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,027
    I would say QB if I thought it would put an end to the competition, but think this drama goes on until next year when it will be Kelly vs Incumbent.
    I would say RB, but really I think we come out of that battle with 4 quality guys so it may just be a week to week pecking order.
    I could say WR, but feel everything behind our top two was replaceable (still like Sunshine) and see both Rookies making the team and being active.

    So I will go with ILB, really hoping Anderson emerges in a big way and gives us another great ILB. If this happens, if he can thoroughly out play Davis, then that may be the greatest improvement to our defense. Want Walker and Anderson to make me forget about Malik and Trev leaving.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    D-Town
    Posts
    810
    Trevor will start again. I don't think it will be as much of a competition as others do.

    I am very curious to see how our backfield rotation works out.

    Also, TE will be interesting to keep an eye on.

    WR is a super competitive group after #1 & #2.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua2585 View Post
    Trevor will start again. I don't think it will be as much of a competition as others do. - I fully agree-

    I am very curious to see how our backfield rotation works out. -Absolutely agree-

    Also, TE will be interesting to keep an eye on. -Oh yes! Butt will be out for a bit I would expect. But it will allow Virgil Green, Derby, Heuerman, and Krieger-Coble to get a chance to battle out a chance to compete with him-

    WR is a super competitive group after #1 & #2. - You bet it is! We've got a lot of 'juice' on that part of the ball. It will be exciting to see how they do with our young QB's
    Cmon man special teams
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,370
    There are just too many for me to pick a single position.

    OT is intriguing for no other reason that a hope at some sustained stability (I secretly want to watch Wolfe and Bolles go at it)

    RB ought to be a great battle though I don't know if there is as much competition between the #1 and #2, assuming it's Anderson and Charles (in no particular order). I really expect it to be RB by committee.

    WRs and TEs should be fun both in the new talent vying for a roster spot and those trying to hang on. Throw in (pun intended) a new offense that ES says is like the offense of a few years ago with Manning, seeing the QBs slinging passes all over the field should make that fun to watch.

    QB has me the most interested purely from a leadership position on and off the field. All are young and have limited to no experience. Each will need hand holding from VJ and McCoy to some extent but who excels and comes out on top? And then how does the team and offense in particular respond?

    DE / OLB should be interesting with talented young blood coming in following Ware's retirement. Stewart, Ray and Walker - all will be a drop off in talent from Ware but we should get more mileage out of them.

    LBs? This is more interesting from VJ's position of how he will utilize them. We don't have a strong MLB, so how does he utilize what we have. We got the stuffing knocked out of us in the game, particularly on inside runs.

    The DL. Does Vance Walker resign, do we look to FAs? This is a important cog in the machine too.

    Safety. I am really looking forward to see how our young safeties mature this coming season. Looking for good coverage and hard hits.

    STs, in so much need of improvement. I really want to see coverage and returns improved. Looking forward to see KR/PR return battle with McKenzie, Henderson and Raymond. No more ES, please.

    No Fly Zone? Well, let's just say, if they worked for the airlines, I expect it would be for United.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,882
    LT, RT, RG, DT, ILB, DE, #3WR, RB, QB. In that order.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    QB's always a fun battle. I really don't see it changing a whole lot. As hyped as I am for Mad-Chad Kelly. I don't see him coming anywhere near close to beating out Siemian. And I don't really see him getting many more reps over Paxton Lynch. But you never know..
    He won't be able to throw until August due to recent surgery. It's very possible he spends 2017 on the PUP list or IR.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    250
    Demarcus walker vs a healthy second year gotsis

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    No Fly Zone? Well, let's just say, if they worked for the airlines, I expect it would be for United.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,416
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I would say QB if I thought it would put an end to the competition, but think this drama goes on until next year when it will be Kelly vs Incumbent.
    I would say RB, but really I think we come out of that battle with 4 quality guys so it may just be a week to week pecking order.
    I could say WR, but feel everything behind our top two was replaceable (still like Sunshine) and see both Rookies making the team and being active.

    So I will go with ILB, really hoping Anderson emerges in a big way and gives us another great ILB. If this happens, if he can thoroughly out play Davis, then that may be the greatest improvement to our defense. Want Walker and Anderson to make me forget about Malik and Trev leaving.
    Malik has been decent with the Jaguars, but Trevathan spent I think half of the season on IR...so not much to miss on that. But I agree, I think Davis is one of our worst linebackers and is a liability against the run.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    9,370
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Demarcus walker vs a healthy second year gotsis
    Until Walker beefs up a bit I don't see him switching to a 3-tech. Gotsis, on the other hand, will never be the pass rusher Walker is. For now, I don't see them as head-to-head.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,091
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Until Walker beefs up a bit I don't see him switching to a 3-tech. Gotsis, on the other hand, will never be the pass rusher Walker is. For now, I don't see them as head-to-head.
    Walker's endurance scares me a lot. The guy had to sit out several times during games to catch his breath. Add in the altitude and he has a very uphill battle when it comes to conditioning to play in the NFL.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,416
    Most intriguing position battle has to be the QB position. I don't think a single fan here would say they weren't zealously curious to see which QB wins the battle. Next intriguing to me would have to be the #3 WR. We have so, so, sooo many WR's that in so many ways are a massive step down from Sanders and Thomas. Taylor could be the next hit, but his position is WR and not the slot. Henderson may take the slot immediately as our #3 threat...but he may be saved for ST's, so who knows. With as many as 11 wide receivers, we know not all of them are going to make the final roster.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •