Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    What are the chances the Jets would eat some of the salary?

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    What are the chances the Jets would eat some of the salary?
    Can they do that in the NFL? I was just reading some things, from what I could tell that mechanism isn't available in the NFL. The team that pays the salary during the season takes the cap hit for that season in full. Bonus money can be kept, but his salary is fully guaranteed base salary. I guess in theory the Jets could make part of his salary a signing bonus due immediately and then trade him the next day, which would do what you're talking about. But I'm not sure Richardson would be willing to do that, since he'd probably rather be cut, then he gets the full salary from the Jets, plus whatever he can get in a new contract.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

They should NOT consider trading for Richardson. I would not want him corrupting the locker room. You win with team first players. He is not one of them.

Someone on Reddit posted that there's an article on Fansided that mentioned Cody Latimer + 4th round pick for Sheldon Richardson.
    Last edited by Bterres105; 05-09-2017 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Someone on Reddit posted that there's an article on Fansided that mentioned Cody Latimer + 4th round pick for Sheldon Richardson.
    We should offer them a 4th and Cody Latimer just to get rid of Latimer

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Here's an article from the New York Daily News, it appears no one is willing to trade for him unless he takes a paycut, but his $8.1 salary is fully guaranteed and he sees no reason to do so. I'm not sure the Jets will be able to move him.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3118252
    Too heavy for our wallets.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    Too heavy for our wallets.
    Yup, I think we're kind of set with what we've got (and I don't feel like that's a bad thing right now) We need the rest of the cash for other things at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by OKBroncoBoy View Post
    I'm not sure Denver "needs" Richardson, but our DL has been a weakness defensively since Malik left. Thanks for the feedback from the post. You guys know 10x what I do on the Broncos, but if Denver had intentions of making a run this year I think the move fits. I have to believe that Elway plans on making a run. That's why he drafted Boles and brought in Charles, along with the speed in the draft. Adding Richardson this year gives Denver a formidable defense and the offense should be vastly improved. If it cost Denver a third and they couldn't resign him (prefer a fourth), then hopefully they pick that back up in free agency. But you never know how much being in Denver impacts a player. Wolfe could have made a lot more on the open market, Chris Harris could have, probably even Sanders on offense. He could end up re-upping for in the $8-$10 million a year range if he has a good year. If not, you haven't lost much and you've afforded your team a chance to make another run.
    Well at what point do you look at Crick and say, "yeah, we're good at run defense now." I think Richardson adds penetration to the line that seriously is lethal to certain offensive lines as well s solidly covering the run. We have depth now, but it's hard to say if the talent is there.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Well at what point do you look at Crick and say, "yeah, we're good at run defense now." I think Richardson adds penetration to the line that seriously is lethal to certain offensive lines as well s solidly covering the run. We have depth now, but it's hard to say if the talent is there.
    Not a guarantee crick even makes the roster. Not saying he won't, but unless the right (wrong) injuries happen again, he won't be used in the same way that he was last year I would have to imagine.

I don't know. How about kicking the tires on Jared Odrick?
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I don't know. How about kicking the tires on Jared Odrick?
    I wouldn't want to just for the simple fact that we lost malik Jackson to Jacksonville and Callais Campbell elected to go to Jacksonville in free agency instead of here and then we are forced to sign one of their cast offs, it just doesn't seem right. Anyway Jared Crick wasn't too bad against the run last year in fact I thought he did a pretty good job however it was Sylvester Williams in my opinion that did not want anything to do with defending the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    I wouldn't want to just for the simple fact that we lost malik Jackson to Jacksonville and Callais Campbell elected to go to Jacksonville in free agency instead of here and then we are forced to sign one of their cast offs, it just doesn't seem right. Anyway Jared Crick wasn't too bad against the run last year in fact I thought he did a pretty good job however it was Sylvester Williams in my opinion that did not want anything to do with defending the run.
    Everyone that played on the right side, opposite of Wolfe, sucked at stopping the run. They would constantly get pushed back a yard or two. I'm hoping Walker takes over and can actually push forward and generate negative plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Anyway Jared Crick wasn't too bad against the run last year in fact I thought he did a pretty good job however it was Sylvester Williams in my opinion that did not want anything to do with defending the run.
    Yeah, no. One of Crick's best plays was a fumble that only happened because he was pushed 5 yards off the LOS and wound up in perfect position to stab at the ball as the RB ran by. He did get QB pressures a couple times, but was consistently overpowered in the run game. Sly was exposed as well, but he looked much worse than the previous year at least in part to the right side collapsing.

Putting aside pride, I'd take a look at Odrick. I don't think we've upgraded the talent at d line sufficiently. Richardson would be an impact player for us. I'm sure there is a way to squeeze him in this year, but I don't see him fitting in financially when his rookie deal expires after next season. That makes trading away something tough when it's just for 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by dgobronco View Post
    Yeah, no. One of Crick's best plays was a fumble that only happened because he was pushed 5 yards off the LOS and wound up in perfect position to stab at the ball as the RB ran by. He did get QB pressures a couple times, but was consistently overpowered in the run game. Sly was exposed as well, but he looked much worse than the previous year at least in part to the right side collapsing.

Putting aside pride, I'd take a look at Odrick. I don't think we've upgraded the talent at d line sufficiently. Richardson would be an impact player for us. I'm sure there is a way to squeeze him in this year, but I don't see him fitting in financially when his rookie deal expires after next season. That makes trading away something tough when it's just for 1 year.
    Crick was never a run stuffer, not in college, not in Houston. He can penetrate and get a pass rush but he didn't do that as well last year either. Odrick maybe, I am not overwhelmed but bringing him in won't cost a fortune. I am not excited about a 1 yr rental of Sheldon Richardson. I think our front office has had ample time to look at the want/need of Sheldon and I think they are passing.