Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: 104.3 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    That's because there's insufficient data for such a statement to be anything more than speculation.
    Except many NFL scouts, General Managers, and analysts had Paxton Lynch as a 1st round talent, based on detailed, pain-staking evaluations. I don't know how much evaluation went into Trevor Siemian but whatever it was, it placed him being drafted in the 7th round.

Now, that in of itself isn't the be-all/end-all because as we've seen, quarterbacks drafted in late rounds can be successful and 1st round quarterbacks more often than not become busts in the NFL. But based on where they were drafted alone you can make the "ceiling" argument.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Except many NFL scouts, General Managers, and analysts had Paxton Lynch as a 1st round talent, based on detailed, pain-staking evaluations.
    The same "painstaking evaluations" were made about Ryan Leaf. How did that turn out?

I don't know how much evaluation went into Trevor Siemian but whatever it was, it placed him being drafted in the 7th round.
    Brady went in the 6th. How did that turn out? The point is that pre-draft evaluations are meaningless. The ONLY thing that matters is what a player actually does when he's in the league.
    Last edited by RobertR; 05-11-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    The same "painstaking evaluations" were made about Ryan Leaf. How did that turn out?

So was Brady. How did that turn out? The point is that pre-draft evaluations are meaningless. The ONLY thing that matters is what a player actually does when he's in the league.
    Why did you take only certain points of my statement to quote, even though I addressed exactly what you just said in your responses in all my statement?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Why did you take only certain points of my statement to quote, even though I addressed exactly what you just said in your responses in all my statement?
    I was reiterating the point that the "ceiling based on pre-draft evaluations" argument holds no water.