Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Trevor has everything you want in a modern era quarterback. Better protection, a little more experience and he's going to be killing it out there and move the chains like a field general. People are severely underestimating his abilities, in my opinion.

Bright future ahead as long as he doesn't run into nasty injuries. Also quite excited about Chad Kelly. Paxton Lynch, not so much.
    As far as I'm concerned we have Griese in Siemian with a better arm and athleticism.
    Plummer in Lynch with better accuracy but less football brains. (Atleast that is what we are told). And Cutler in Kelly!

So at this point one has to work out, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    As far as I'm concerned we have Griese in Siemian with a better arm and athleticism.
    Plummer in Lynch with better accuracy but less football brains. (Atleast that is what we are told). And Cutler in Kelly!

So at this point one has to work out, right?
    Kyle Sloter says whatup

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Maybe it has to do with architecture?
    ? = Burj Khalifa?
    If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    Trevor has everything you want in a modern era quarterback. Better protection, a little more experience and he's going to be killing it out there and move the chains like a field general. People are severely underestimating his abilities, in my opinion.

Bright future ahead as long as he doesn't run into nasty injuries. Also quite excited about Chad Kelly. Paxton Lynch, not so much.
    I'd settle for them moving the chains at a slightly below average level at this point. Not sure what you saw in Siemian that makes you so sure? So far I've seen some positives and some negatives, but not nearly enough to make a determination either way.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'd settle for them moving the chains at a slightly below average level at this point. Not sure what you saw in Siemian that makes you so sure? So far I've seen some positives and some negatives, but not nearly enough to make a determination either way.
    Agree. I lean toward Trevor playing above average because he's made some nice plays. Not sure how much his shoulder injury affected play. We also need to see the new offense - it's easy to assume it will help however we don't know until we see the execution. Last season there were a lot of 3rd and short the offense didn't convert - address this and we should see better results. If we see a big leap in production then great.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    Siemian is smarter than his competitors, which is why he will win. He can make all the throws and all that. But we were looking for a field general, a leader, captain for the next decade. The fact we have heard little upside on Paxton after his arm strength at this point suggests to me he is not the future. I don't mind being wrong on this, but I was hoping for a little more pointing in that direction than relative silence.

The politics of the situation are unfortunate. If I am right, I just hope we can pick up good trade value for Paxton. His tape is unimpressive but he has upside. Teams are willing to go crazy for obvious busts (Manziels) or question marks like Brock. Qb is premium, I just hope that if Trevor separates this year, Elway can let go of his 1st rd pick.
    It could be argued that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the smartest QB to ever put on a helmet, he also can't find a job right now.

Trevor Time is almost upon us.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    To me if a QB can make all the throws all the other physical attributes are gravy, from that point it's all about your mental ability. How does he read coverages pre snap and post snap, is he processing his reads quick enough, can he feel the pressure, can he recognize where the blitz is gonna come from etc. The arm strength and athletic ability is nice but it isn't necessary.

For the record I do believe that you can win a Super Bowl with a guy like Alex Smith if you surround him with the right talent.
    Totally agree, as a matter of fact Walsh, Seifert, and Joe Cool proved it back in the 80's. That is who TS reminds me of .Little Joe, not physically
    because TS is bigger, and has a better arm. But he seems to have the cool that's needed. Unfortunately he also seems to have Joe's weakness, he's breakable.

I really do not think we can put any solid prediction into who will be our QB, say 2 years from now. Trevor may keep the job this year, but Lynch may pick up ground with an offseason or even 2, to prove himself. Hey, I don't know a ton about Kelly, but he's also in the mix now.

Trevor may be the future, but I would not bet on it just yet. He was a decent starter, no doubt. But unlike what many have said in various threads, Lynch looked fine to me in his first opportunity. No so much so afterward, but we're talking pure rookie.

I've said it before, a late pick who hardly stepped on the field before last season, but showing well in his first year at the helm; a high draft pick who has lots of physical attributes, and now with one year under his belt; a late '17 pick, who might make some noise down the road. I say look for the most competitive QB stable you can mix together, and see who is worthy of the starting job, for the next 10 years or so. Make it a good predicament!

Quote Originally Posted by olgrouch View Post
    Totally agree, as a matter of fact Walsh, Seifert, and Joe Cool proved it back in the 80's. That is who TS reminds me of .Little Joe, not physically
    because TS is bigger, and has a better arm. But he seems to have the cool that's needed. Unfortunately he also seems to have Joe's weakness, he's breakable.
    Tom Brady. Joe Montana. Can we wait until he actually wins the job again before he's compared to guys who have won multiple Super Bowl championships?! In year 1 as a starter he did some good things and some bad things, but didn't show much one way or the other to make a determination. But he did lead the offense that had the most 3 and outs in the NFL last year, yes there were other circumstances involved, but a guy leading a mediocre offense has yet to earn the praise or comparisons some want to give to him.

That's not to say he won't, bt right now he certainly hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Tom Brady. Joe Montana. Can we wait until he actually wins the job again before he's compared to guys who have won multiple Super Bowl championships?! In year 1 as a starter he did some good things and some bad things, but didn't show much one way or the other to make a determination. But he did lead the offense that had the most 3 and outs in the NFL last year, yes there were other circumstances involved, but a guy leading a mediocre offense has yet to earn the praise or comparisons some want to give to him.

That's not to say he won't, bt right now he certainly hasn't.
    The title of this thread is "the next tom brady"? The post I responded to simply said a team could win the SB with an AS type leading them if the players around them were good enough. I agreed with that poster. Then I addressed the thread assertion about TB . I simply said that TS reminded me more of Little Joe than Brady. No where did I say he was the second coming.
    Now you are clearly a member of "The Lynch Mob", because you are always denigrating TS and trying to build Lynch up. That's OK you're allowed to be a fan. But unless he finally learns how to throw a football accurately he'll never make it, it's up to him.

Quote Originally Posted by RainyTX View Post
    It could be argued that Ryan Fitzpatrick is the smartest QB to ever put on a helmet, he also can't find a job right now.
    There is no way Fitzpatrick football acumen surpasses Peyton Manning, he is the cream of the crop when it comes to football IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    There is no way Fitzpatrick football acumen surpasses Peyton Manning, he is the cream of the crop when it comes to football IQ.
    He said smartest, in general. Not football IQ. Unless you deleted part of his comment that I'm missing...

I like Trevor, but I hope Paxton develops into a great QB for Us!!!
    I hope it's OK to like all the QB's on our team?

Quote Originally Posted by olgrouch View Post
    The title of this thread is "the next tom brady"? The post I responded to simply said a team could win the SB with an AS type leading them if the players around them were good enough. I agreed with that poster. Then I addressed the thread assertion about TB . I simply said that TS reminded me more of Little Joe than Brady. No where did I say he was the second coming.
    Now you are clearly a member of "The Lynch Mob", because you are always denigrating TS and trying to build Lynch up. That's OK you're allowed to be a fan. But unless he finally learns how to throw a football accurately he'll never make it, it's up to him.
    Actually I'm not, I've said over and over, I don't care which QB wins the competition as long as the QB play improves over where it's been the last 2 years. I've also said Siemian showed some good things and some bad things but hasn't shown enough either way yet. That's not denigrating at all.

The Siemian supporters are out of control though, comparing him to Brady and Montana, that's ridiculous, right now he's trying to win the starting job again, that hardly compares him to all time greats.