Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    Oh, so are we making conclusions based on college experience now? If so Tebow i right up there as one of the best NFL QBs ever. Too bad some guy came in and replace him.
    If you actually watched his college tape, you would know. He has a great arm, throws with good accuracy and anticipation. By all accounts he's a hard worker, very competitive, and his teammates swear by him. His struggles with decision making (on and off the field) and injury history is why he fell to the very last pick.

He has tremendous talent and if he can just keep his head on straight and get healthy, he has a chance to be our starter in 2018 IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Didn't every QB over the last couple years have to suffer this same "lack of talent"
    Yes, they did.

Will that be the excuse this year too?
    I don't know about you, but I'll need to watch this season first.

But I do know one thing, not only did Elway sign 3 new OL (including Bolles), Joseph said he wanted more "juice" on offense and Elway went out and drafted more juice on offense and then signed Jamal Charles. It would seem they agree with me about the lack of talent on offense.

Because of these signings, I think it's fair to expect at least a little improvement with our QB play...but we'll need to see if any of these signings actually pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    What lack of talent?

There aren't many receiver duos better than Thomas and Sanders.

Was it a lack of talent or was it his inability to use the talent around him?
    The horrid o line
    CJ was hurt, then we lost another RB so picked someone up off the street. Janovich got hurt. Then we had 2 tight ends miss games. Paradis was banged up and not even practicing.

There goes all of our decent keys pieces in a run first offense.

Didn't every QB over the last couple years have to suffer this same "lack of talent"?

IMO the change of OC and system will allow this same "lack of talent" to be more efficient and have better results.

Whichever QB is leading the way is and should be very much in question. Both ( or all three if you want to include Kelly) coming into camp prepared and competing is a positive for the Broncos.
    We had one of the greatest to do it playing for us the last couple years, not a first year starter. Lol. We also had a healthier run game the year prior along with a much better D. Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    How many quarterback threads do we have to make before we learn a valuable lesson?

One? Two? Three? Four?

No no, hear me out...

Five? Six? Seven?

Can I finish please?!

Eight?
    We will have at least eight by the time TC rolls around then eight more when regular season starts so.,,,
    16? Lol

Didn't every QB over the last couple years have to suffer this same "lack of talent"?

IMO the change of OC and system will allow this same "lack of talent" to be more efficient and have better results.

Whichever QB is leading the way is and should be very much in question. Both ( or all three if you want to include Kelly) coming into camp prepared and competing is a positive for the Broncos.
    In 2016 we averaged 3.6 YPC in the run game, we only mustered a combined 1,484 yards (which is sad and pathetic) In 2015, we average a still pathetic (but not nearly as much so) 4.2 YPC and got 1,718 yards.

The o-line went to crap... In 2013 we led the league with the fewest sacks (20) During the 2015 campaign we gave up 39 sacks last year 40.

People were pretty freaking hard on Manning and Brock in 2015 too, and they kinda performed like crap thanks to the garbage o-line and garbage running game.

We've made big steps to improve both this offseason. If Trevor or Paxton can't get it done this year with an improved supporting cast on offense, there won't be excuses, there will be new QB's drafted and changes made.

I don't think we have nearly as big of a lack of talent going into 2017 and I'm confident this will be a bounce back year for this team.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Yea, doubt that. Siemian will be the favorite, Lynch a long shot. The other two may not even make the 53 man roster. One won't, the other who knows. Depends on if Lynch can be a dependable backup.
    Since Kelly will not be able to practice until the start of regular season, and will probably be placed on IR, that now only leaves us 3 QBs, we will need a minimum of 3 QBs heading into camp.
    So yes all 4 of our QBs will be on the roster, through camp. Lynch and Siemian will be battling for the starting QB position and Sloter will be running the scout team at a minimum, plus would not count Sloter out of the possibility of taking either Lynch or Siemians job as backup and could possibly win the starting job.
    Anything is possible and up for grabs in regards to the QB position this year.

Your last sentence belies your first there 3.

I dont agree with the notion that mccoy was brought in to help lynch flourish. As others have said mccoy tailers to whatever qb is playing. Dont care who starts....just want to see them succeed
    Glen Haven Fire

I've never seen a QB as overrated in my life. TS is NOT special. He missed wide open receivers on his deep balls. We all criticize Tom Brady for dinking and dunking and that's all TS is, except Brady actually has a long ball where as TS does not. Remember when TS tried throwing that hailmary and was 15 yards shy? Strong arm? heck no. Kelly is our best QB and most proven right now. No way TS or Paxton does what kelly does in his SEC division.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    In this case, it's the guy on the couch.

Quick Poll: How many have figured out that he isn't actually sleeping in this picture and is actually on his phone? lol If you zoom in, you can see it. Not bashing anyone who thought he was sleeping by any means. It's tough to see. But, he's definitely just holding the phone between his ear and shoulder/blanket.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    I've never seen a QB as overrated in my life. TS is NOT special. He missed wide open receivers on his deep balls. We all criticize Tom Brady for dinking and dunking and that's all TS is, except Brady actually has a long ball where as TS does not. Remember when TS tried throwing that hailmary and was 15 yards shy? Strong arm? heck no. Kelly is our best QB and most proven right now. No way TS or Paxton does what kelly does in his SEC division.
    You are correct, but need to ir him for the year. Let him heal, grow up and learn the playbook. If that happens he has a gd chance to be your starter for the next 10 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Cherry picking examples. Do you not remember Trevor dislocating his shoulder against the Bucs, rehabbed for a week, then was rushed onto the field because lynch did so bad?
    Damn proud to be a Phi! Brother in the Bond #105 Texas Tau

Clean thread up... Lets watch the smack talk and Trolling, eh
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiiancrush View Post
    We will have at least eight by the time TC rolls around then eight more when regular season starts so.,,,
    16? Lol
    It works better if you know what I was quoting lol
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 05-11-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Three peat View Post
    You are correct, but need to ir him for the year. Let him heal, grow up and learn the playbook. If that happens he has a gd chance to be your starter for the next 10 yrs
    I appreciate the Pats fan providing an actual objective analysis. TS fan boys absolutely baffle me. I love my broncos but how are we going to fall in love with a poor man's alex smith? Paxton stunk it up one game and played beautifully cold off the bench against Tampa. He was also handcuffed by Kubes terrible system/play calling. I think McCoy can make Paxton or TS both look half decent. I think McCoy could turn kelly into a star.