Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haciendadad View Post
    I think many unbiased people see something special in Siemian. I remember Michael Vick also said that he thought Siemian was going to a really good QB, but it was kinda midseason last year.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nfl...-brady.html/4/

May critics proceed. :-)
    I'm a TS backer...Lets let him develop before we say what he may or may not be. He might not even be the starter this season. Lets see what camp brings. I hope he ends up being a fantastic franchise QB for us, but it's too early to proclaim anything.

Is the Probowl choices influenced by player's picks? I know he was an alternate but still his name was brought up.
    Like 7th in line. There are plenty of things you can use to support TS being decent, that isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Love your enthusiasm! Perhaps Seimian will be able to make us all proud and deliver.

Curious if you see any weaknesses to his game at all? Or conversely any strengths to Lynch's?. Or simply one is awesome, the other sucks.
    I'm not him, but I'm going to hop in on this one. TS's big weakness is moderate to deep sideline passes, he's good inside, but outside he has had some struggles. He's struggled with them since college, he still seems to in the pros. That could get better, or we could just do our best to mask it. He's very, very smart, potentially Peyton Manning smart when it comes to football X's and O's (To me, based on the very little I've seen, intelligence seems to be Lynch's biggest weakness) He's got a weaker arm than some (though not as weak as some try to make it seem)

Last season he had a bad habit of checking down too quickly and not taking enough chances. That could be a directive from the coaching staff that he was acting on, but I'd like to see that improve this season.

I like the potential that TS has right now, I haven't seen much of that out of Paxton, but Paxton really hasn't shown much of anything good or bad so far, it's too early to write the book on him. If TS can grow into his potential and build upon last year, I think he can have a very good year this year, but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm not him, but I'm going to hop in on this one. TS's big weakness is moderate to deep sideline passes, he's good inside, but outside he has had some struggles. He's struggled with them since college, he still seems to in the pros. That could get better, or we could just do our best to mask it. He's very, very smart, potentially Peyton Manning smart when it comes to football X's and O's (To me, based on the very little I've seen, intelligence seems to be Lynch's biggest weakness) He's got a weaker arm than some (though not as weak as some try to make it seem)

Last season he had a bad habit of checking down too quickly and not taking enough chances. That could be a directive from the coaching staff that he was acting on, but I'd like to see that improve this season.

I like the potential that TS has right now, I haven't seen much of that out of Paxton, but Paxton really hasn't shown much of anything good or bad so far, it's too early to write the book on him. If TS can grow into his potential and build upon last year, I think he can have a very good year this year, but time will tell.
    I don't think anyone can compare to Manning in terms of football brilliance on the field. And I'm not sure Siemian does or doesn't have that high of an IQ. But there's a difference between being X's and O's smart and then being able to go do something with it and win games. At times he showed that ability, and other times he didn't. I'm looking forward to seeing how these two (eventually 3) QBs develop, hopefully that will end the hyperbole, both ways for each QB.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Siemian would have to take 2 steps backwards while Lynch took 4 steps forward for them to swap roster spots next season.

Players decided the issue on the field last season, Siemian won rather easy. He will do it again this season.

And who knows, after he has another season under his belt he may actually be able to turn water to wine, time will tell. So far he's on the right track.
    Is there any chance that McCoy was hired to give Lynch a real chance to be the starter?

Kubiak was married to a scheme.

McCoy seems willing to design a scheme around the players.

Lynch was a first round pick and the Broncos traded up to get him. There's pressure to get him on the field. Any thought otherwise is probably wishful thinking by the Siemian fan club.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Funny how only the "unbiased" see something special in Seimian. Not even a chance there might be some bias for Seimian?

Can not wait until the players get to decide this issue on the field.

Every time I feel compelled to take a look at one of these "who is the best QB" threads it just seems to get more and more rhetoric filled. Fully expect to see the latest updates that Lynch kicks puppies and Seimian turns water to wine comments any day now.
    Is the Probowl choices influenced by player's picks? I know he was an alternate but still his name was brought up.
    This should answer your question perfectly.

Stay with me: Need 3 QBs

HOU Brock Osweiler/Tom Savage
    TEN Marcus Mariota (Injured)
    IND Andrew Luck (Injured)

JAX Blake Bortles

PIT Ben Roethlisberger (Injured/Accepted?)
    BAL Joe Flacco
    CIN Andy Dalton (Accepted)
    CLE Jesus Christ (Imagined)

NE Tom Brady (Cheater)
    MIA Ryan Tannehill (Injured)
    BUF Tyrod Taylor (Declined)

NYJ Ryan Fitzpatrick

SD Philip Rivers (Declined)
    OAK Derek Carr (Injured)
    KC Alex Smith (Accepted)

DEN Trevor Siemian

Reviewing this list the NFL had five options other than Broncos' Siemian.

HOU Brock Osweiler/Tom Savage was never an option because one was benched and one had little playing time.

JAX Blake Bortles could have been an option and I wonder what happened?

BAL Joe Flacco see JAX Blake Bortles.

CLE Cody Kessler was never really an option because most of us never knew who Cody Kessler was until reading his name, just now.

NYJ Ryan Fitzpatrick I find it interesting he's unemployed. Don't you?

The point is Trevor Siemian was not selected by his peers, but by a system where a guy calls several girls until one of them agrees to go out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Is there any chance that McCoy was hired to give Lynch a real chance to be the starter?

Lynch was a first round pick and the Broncos traded up to get him. There's pressure to get him on the field. Any thought otherwise is probably wishful thinking by the Siemian fan club.
    Everyone assumes there is Pressure to get him in the field. There is no real evidence to support this.

You call it wishful thinking, neither of us are in the fo, no reports our of the fo support this theory.

I am not really that concerned with TS's deep ball, those are about 50/50 anyway. Sure, under throwing and placement will figure in how a defense scouts and thus honors a deep ball but that is really the least of where TS needs to grow. He needs to get through his reads quicker, footwork needs improvement and was cause for some of his underthrown balls, pocket awareness, and down / distance awareness.

Some of this info is dated but it's still very relevant.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/pa...hrow-the-ball/
    http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ion-percentage

We've seen him shine at times so, to me at least, the talent is there. Put into a system that favors QBs, he might surprise us.

I can't wait for TC for these guys to battling it out.

I think it's just insane to make that comparison. Regardless of how you feel about Brady, he's one of the greatest ever. Both were late round picks that didn't jump out as projected stars to most, but that's about it. Sure Trevor could be good with a healthy shoulder and better O line, but so could Carson Wentz and many other young QBs. One of the biggest differences that would make me say there's little to no reason to expect a Brady like career is the lack of chances he takes or the game plan they give him, that limits his chances. I was very frustrated this season seeing no safety help over DT or Sanders and there was no audible/check to take a shot and throw the go route. Even if Kubiak had called a play, I would think most QBs have the green light to say I saw big play potential, so I called a go route. I never saw that from Trevor and it looked like the offense didn't request that he make risky throws.

Brady on the other hand was kind of tossed into the fire when Bledsoe went down. Look back at his first SB run. On several occasions, he either was given the opportunity to throw a 30 yard post on 3rd and 5 or made the call himself. Either way, even as a young QB, drafted in the 6th round, they went pedal to the medal with Brady, as much as they could. I didn't see that with TS, and I don't think that was because of his shoulder or the O line.

Everyone assumes there is Pressure to get him in the field. There is no real evidence to support this.

You call it wishful thinking, neither of us are in the fo, no reports our of the fo support this theory.
    People should lay off the Netflix conspiracy theories. I always thought Elway was old school by making the young qb ride the bench while he learns. I know the main reason Brock had to wait for so long was because Manning was starting, but in pretty sure Elway had said something along the lines of developing a qb on the bench. Gotta have to look for that quote.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post

Siemian should be able to beat out Lynch, even in this shotgun heavy McCoy scheme that almost everyone thinks will favor Lynch over Siemian.

With that, no I don't think that's why they hired him. McCoy is suppose to design a scheme to make it so the B qb can beat out the A qb? Paxton will have to earn it, not have it handed to him through a creative offense.

There may be pressure to get Lynch on the field, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. 2018 could be his year, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by SMR81 View Post
    Siemian should be able to beat out Lynch, even in this shotgun heavy McCoy scheme that almost everyone thinks will favor Lynch over Siemian.

With that, no I don't think that's why they hired him. McCoy is suppose to design a scheme to make it so the B qb can beat out the A qb? Paxton will have to earn it, not have it handed to him through a creative offense.

There may be pressure to get Lynch on the field, but that doesn't mean it's going to happen. 2018 could be his year, we will see.

This quote states the Siemian/Lynch battle almost perfectly.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

I don't think so. His own team in college called him "Check Down Trevor"

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

I did not get the point of that article. When you say "the next Tom Brady", I'm thinking about a late-round pick or undrafted player, a player overlooked during the draft process that becomes a franchise QB.

When they create a list based on these traits:

1. He plays the game with a chip on his shoulder.
    2. He is one of the most competitive players in league history.
    3. He is flat-out willing to do anything it takes to win games.
    You might be talking about any successful QB in the NFL, not just Tom Brady.

They made a list with Teddy Bridgewater, a 1st-round pick, Derek Carr, a high 2nd-round pick, and Russell Wilson, a 3rd-round pick and an already established QB with his game and ceiling pretty much well defined.

I think that article is a mess and did not capture the essence of what "the next Tom Brady" really is.
    Last edited by -Rod-; 05-10-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    This quote states the Siemian/Lynch battle almost perfectly.
    You changed your name and now all the sudden we agree a lot...