Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    I tend to look at the quality of those 14 starts though. IMO they are not as impressive as some would like to think. For every 10 minute highlight reel posted you could just as easily find 10 mins of poor play. His accomplishments are getting overblown. He may have been the best Bronco QB by default last year but overall he was a mediocre QB at best among his peers.

While I agree that Seimian should be the assumed starter as of today, I disagree that the gap is insurmountable. He has his strengths and weaknesses as do all players.

IMO there is just as much an opportunity for Lynch to earn the job as for Seimian to keep it. Much will depend on the system and who can make plays.

Does not matter how many threads are created, the answer will always be the same. There is a QB competition in Denver. May the best man win!
    With Siemian, are you factoring in the lack of talent around him? The lack of experience? As far as his stats, they were comparable to guys like Wentz, Smith, and Newton. That being said, I expect much more from him this year. The talent level and offensive coaching have both improved, and so should he.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I have a good idea. How about a 4th thread to discuss the QB competition?

It's the offseason, what do you expect? Shall we talk about the exciting o-line? I can't wait to see how this QB competition goes, I only wish I was in Denver to watch their practices live!
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    With Siemian, are you factoring in the lack of talent around him? The lack of experience? As far as his stats, they were comparable to guys like Wentz, Smith, and Newton. That being said, I expect much more from him this year. The talent level and offensive coaching have both improved, and so should he.
    I don't like the argument of...he played well for -----fill in the blank--- either he played well, or he didn't....yes, he is a young, inexperienced player but I don't like the qualifications people put on his play.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I don't like the argument of...he played well for -----fill in the blank--- either he played well, or he didn't....yes, he is a young, inexperienced player but I don't like the qualifications people put on his play.
    Well I don't particularly care for the way people dismiss the positives so we're all at a giant stinking impasse. Guess we'll have to just wait for camp and see what new joys it brings us.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well I don't particularly care for the way people dismiss the positives so we're all at a giant stinking impasse. Guess we'll have to just wait for camp and see what new joys it brings us.
    That's right, and we should hope that all the players arrive at TC in shape, and will do their best at making it hard on the coaches to decide who lines up where.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    What lack of talent?

There aren't many receiver duos better than Thomas and Sanders.

Was it a lack of talent or was it his inability to use the talent around him?
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    agreed.

I really can't see any reason for anybody to think any of the QBs is any further ahead of the others. Imo, QB is the most up for grabs position on the team right now.
    I agree with you. I think Trevor has the edge as the incumbent, but any qb could pull ahead. I'm not some blind Trevor homer I like the guy, he's my preferred horse in the race, but it's anyone's game and they all have my support.
    Last edited by Freyaka; 05-11-2017 at 08:22 AM.

So re reading I think I misunderstood who that was directed at, sorry ksu, I'll make up for that later. Reacted too quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    The most popular guy is always the guy on the bench.
    In this case, it's the guy on the couch.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    What lack of talent?

The lack of talent was at every other position on offense, other than DT and Sanders. Teams knew to focus on DT and Sanders because our running game wasn't a threat. It's a lot easier to pass on 2nd and 5 than it is on 2nd and 12.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    In this case, it's the guy on the couch.

Good ole sleepy time chad.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    The lack of talent was at every other position on offense, other than DT and Sanders. Teams knew to focus on DT and Sanders because our running game wasn't a threat. It's a lot easier to pass on 2nd and 5 than it is on 2nd and 12.
    Didn't every QB over the last couple years have to suffer this same "lack of talent"?

Will that be the excuse this year too?

IMO the change of OC and system will allow this same "lack of talent" to be more efficient and have better results.

Whichever QB is leading the way is and should be very much in question. Both ( or all three if you want to include Kelly) coming into camp prepared and competing is a positive for the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosojia View Post
    I can't believe this, but I'm agreeing with the pats fan. Kelly is the best QB on our roster ATM.
    Oh, so are we making conclusions based on college experience now? If so Tebow i right up there as one of the best NFL QBs ever. Too bad some guy came in and replace him.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    What lack of talent?

Are you paying attention to the offseason?

The Broncos offense had two WRs and...?

Elway paid big money for a LG, also signed Menelik Watson and then drafted an OT in the 1st round. What does that tell you about the offensive line?

Did you listen to Vance Joseph speaking to the media after draft, saying the offense needed more weapons to attack the interior of the defense because teams were able to just play cover 2 against DT and Sanders? Then Elway drafts not 1 but 2 WRs and also a TE.

So, the offense had a terrible OL in both run and pass blocking; there was no running game to gain a damn yard on 3rd down or bring a safety to the box; Jordan freakin Norwood was the slot receiver; there was no impact TE that attacking the defense in the middle of the field; how many 100-yard games by Booker after CJ went down?

Yeah, the offense had so much talent that Elway has spent the offseason rebuilding the pieces around the QB.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Didn't every QB over the last couple years have to suffer this same "lack of talent"?

Will that be the excuse this year too?

IMO the change of OC and system will allow this same "lack of talent" to be more efficient and have better results.

Whichever QB is leading the way is and should be very much in question. Both ( or all three if you want to include Kelly) coming into camp prepared and competing is a positive for the Broncos.
    I wholeheartedly believe that a lot of the problems stemmed from Rick Dennison's play calling. I think it was Aussie that wen back and did the stats and the offense had the lowest output every time Dennison was OC.
    Damn proud to be a Phi! Brother in the Bond #105 Texas Tau