Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

LB Daryl Washington

Do we take a look at this dude?
    Just reinstated in April from a 3 year suspension (Crazy!) but he was a solid LB and he could be a really nice combo with Marshall...that susp[suspension scares me and I don't know much about his character but the dude can play.
    What do you guys think?

Edit*** I just read why he was suspended. Domestic Violence and Drug Charges, dude might be a little sketchy for us. But 3 years is a long time, hopefully he has cleaned up!
    Last edited by OCbronco10; 05-11-2017 at 10:34 AM.
    Defense wins Championships, but Offense helps...

Pass, 3 years is too long.

If he's anywhere near as good as he was pre-suspension, and has shown he's put his past behind him, he might be worth looking at.

I definitely think the Broncos need to kick the tires on this guy. And you can pretty much bet your bottom dollar that the New England Patriots are going to give him a look.

Three years ago Washington was referred to as the best linebacker in the league. It was also said he was the best pass rushing middle linebacker in the league. Do you guys realize the potential he could have on this team if paired with Shane Ray and von Miller?

I know the drug abuse is an issue but the guy has been out of the league for three seasons due to Poor decisions of his past.

Hopefully three years talk to him a lesson but if he's not serious about staying clean he will be out of the league for good however I still believe the Broncos need to take a look at the sky and at least interview him and Kind of get into his mind a little bit in order to see where he stands.

Of course those comments above are from his former teammates so there could be a bit biased in there however I believe Washington's performance speaks for itself and we don't need any of his former teammates to tell us that.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 05-11-2017 at 12:54 PM.

I would love for us to take a look. The talent is there (hopefully after 3 years) and he would be such a great piece in our D. Does he play more of an edge outside LB or does he play inside?
    Defense wins Championships, but Offense helps...

Quote Originally Posted by OCbronco10 View Post
    I would love for us to take a look. The talent is there (hopefully after 3 years) and he would be such a great piece in our D. Does he play more of an edge outside LB or does he play inside?
    I was wondering the same thing. He is listed as a ILB and that's what we need. If he can contribute at the ILB I say we give it a try. Low risk contract with a possible high reward.

"Physically I’m in the best shape of my life and have maintained a strenuous six-day per week workout plan for over a year in anticipation of this day and next season," Washington said. "I understand the physical and mental demands that it takes to be an All-Pro linebacker in this League, and I fully intend to play at that level this season."

This was in April. Sounds like he has something to prove. A little chip on his shoulder to get back to his former football self.

This is one of those moves that we should do but we won't.

Quote Originally Posted by shawinkerpoppin View Post
    This is one of those moves that we should do but we won't.
    I hope we do it and take a look. As much as I trust Elway, it was interesting we didn't take a LB in the draft late or even pick someone up in free agency. So I guess they like what they have but a former pro bowler would be very very tough to pass up!

The Saints make sense for him. They were calling Reuben Foster at the end of round 1 before the 49ers traded up, so they are willing to deal with some baggage to add the talent.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

The broncos most likely will not persue Washington, however I think they should but anyway heres a pretty exciting highlight video of washtington during his time is Arizona,
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

It's curious to me why Elway drafts guys with character issues, but he won't touch many (if any) FAs, who have the same character concerns
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    It's curious to me why Elway drafts guys with character issues, but he won't touch many (if any) FAs, who have the same character concerns
    Aqib Talib

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    Elway drafts young men with minor issues and then trusts his staff to develop the player. But once the player has already been in the league for several years and can't stay clean, maybe Elway thinks it's much harder fix the problem at this stage.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Aqib Talib
    Talib was a bit different than Daryl Washington because he stayed out of trouble in New England for 2 seasons. Talib was a high-priced free agent, not a reclamation project available because he was dealing with some issue. At the time, Elway and the coaches had insider info from Wes Welker, who played with Talib in 2012 and knew what kind of person he was.