Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    I just know he is going to go to the Patriots and kill it.
    Contrary to popular belief, not every player to ever go to the patriots, excels. Granted, they've had a higher success rate than most teams with these kinds of players. But, it's almost just completely forget anyone that fails with them.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, not every player to ever go to the patriots, excels. Granted, they've had a higher success rate than most teams with these kinds of players. But, it's almost just completely forget anyone that fails with them.
    It's a good thing I didn't say everyone and just said I believe Daryl Washington would.

It's a good thing I didn't say everyone and just said I believe Daryl Washington would.
    Maybe so, but the moment that there isn't that exact comment for every single player signed by the Patriots, then my point won't be valid.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I don't even think they have a higher success rate on their reclamation projects, it's just the media talks about every move they ever make as if it's the smartest ever, when it fails (Chad Johnson, Haynesworth, Steven Jackson) they never mention them again, when they succeed, they never let you forget it. Another example, Danny Amendola would easily replace Wes Welker.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    But what harm will bringing him into camp and seeing what he can do hurt? We aren't penciling him in as a starter, just kicking the tires. It would be a desperation move and I'm sure the FO feels like we don't need to add anybody but I think it's a huge hole and we need somebody. If Washington could be 70% of what he was I think he's an upgrade.
    Why waste 1 of 90 spots on a player, who has shown he can't be counted on? If he makes the team, can you ever really trust him not to get suspended? Maybe he'll be close to what he once was (hard to think he would) but it's just as likely he'll fail a drug test and you've invested a bunch of time in a guy who won't end up helping the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Why waste 1 of 90 spots on a player, who has shown he can't be counted on? If he makes the team, can you ever really trust him not to get suspended? Maybe he'll be close to what he once was (hard to think he would) but it's just as likely he'll fail a drug test and you've invested a bunch of time in a guy who won't end up helping the team.
    Why risk a roster spot on a guy who has had multiple major knee injuries? Who essentially hadn't played in two years and also turned 30? Because you can get them at a low base contract with barely any guarantee money all for the chance of getting a pro bowl player. I understand the chances of him regaining his pro bowl level are slim but youll be able to see real quick if he still has it or not. At that point you cut him and bring someone else back in.

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Elway drafts young men with minor issues and then trusts his staff to develop the player. But once the player has already been in the league for several years and can't stay clean, maybe Elway thinks it's much harder fix the problem at this stage.
    I'd tend to agree. Look at Greg Hardy...

Why risk a roster spot on a guy who has had multiple major knee injuries? Who essentially hadn't played in two years and also turned 30? Because you can get them at a low base contract with barely any guarantee money all for the chance of getting a pro bowl player. I understand the chances of him regaining his pro bowl level are slim but youll be able to see real quick if he still has it or not. At that point you cut him and bring someone else back in.
    Despite my previous comments on this topic and issue. It has been three years and this man has clearly stayed clean and completed everything requested of him by the league. I say bring him in see what he's got and if he doesn't look good cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Despite my previous comments on this topic and issue. It has been three years and this man has clearly stayed clean and completed everything requested of him by the league. I say bring him in see what he's got and if he doesn't look good cut him.
    Seriously the Broncos have a need for a middle linebacker. I don't care how much they play in the nickel seeing everybody needs a top-notch middle linebacker and what do they have to lose just bring them in and give them a look.

Plus we now have the beef in the middle with Zack Kerr, Domata Peko and Tyrique Jarret.
    Which should funnel any running back or scrambling quarterback right in to the middle linebacker. Because we know that both Miller and Ray are going to have the outside sealed off along with Derek Wolfe and hopefully Demarcus walker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Seriously the Broncos have a need for a middle linebacker. I don't care how much they play in the nickel seeing everybody needs a top-notch middle linebacker and what do they have to lose just bring them in and give them a look.

Plus we now have the beef in the middle with Zack Kerr, Domata Peko and Tyrique Jarret.
    Which should funnel any running back or scrambling quarterback right in to the middle linebacker. Because we know that both Miller and Ray are going to have the outside sealed off along with Derek Wolfe and hopefully Demarcus walker.
    Denver should still be playing a one-gap/spill to the sideline run D as they have the past two years. Run D that funnels to the middle is two-gap. Spill is gap control and Funnel is read-and-react.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver should still be playing a one-gap/spill to the sideline run D as they have the past two years. Run D that funnels to the middle is two-gap. Spill is gap control and Funnel is read-and-react.
    There's not enough combined cp on these boards that can speak for your service Sam.

To the OP, I wouldn't be against Daryl Washington. I honestly just don't see Elway making any more moves. Looks like he's confident with the team he's got. Time to practice..
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

It'll actually be almost 4 years between games for Washington if he plays in the NFL this season. I understand your point about low base salary and that, but I think it's better to develop the young guys and go with them, the upside is much greater. And Denver has had success developing LBs. With an improved offense giving them leads occasionally and the d-line having more depth in the rotation, and being bigger it should help things.

It'll actually be almost 4 years between games for Washington if he plays in the NFL this season. I understand your point about low base salary and that, but I think it's better to develop the young guys and go with them, the upside is much greater. And Denver has had success developing LBs. With an improved offense giving them leads occasionally and the d-line having more depth in the rotation, and being bigger it should help things.
    Yeahhhh... that's what I find the most worrisome. At 30 years old, the body can't take those kinda breaks from football and just return.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    Yeahhhh... that's what I find the most worrisome. At 30 years old, the body can't take those kinda breaks from football and just return.
    Or you look at the positive and say he has all those years where his body hasn't taken a beating and is fresh. It would be one this if the was a huge risk but it wouldn't be. You would be him next to nothing and with little guarantee. It wouldn't take long to see if he still has it or not. The reward it too high to skip on him

So you're telling me Todd Davis upside is higher than Daryl Washington upside? Because if Washington is only 80% as good as he used to be that is still better than Davis.