Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    701

    This is a black eye

    http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...gt8?li=BBnb7Kz

    This just breaks my heart . It really cuts deep because my mother n law passed last year of cancer .

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    288
    That's a bit harsh. Sell your tickets one year out of 20 and they take your season tickets away? I'm sure he will get it back after this article gets more views

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,212
    It's a sad story for sure...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    El Paso, Tx
    Posts
    1,627
    The optics of it are pretty bad, but I read another article where they had a computer analyze how many times tickets were posted on sale on third party websites for each season.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,100
    This really disappoints me too. I genuinely hope this is rectified by the Denver Broncos Organization. 20 years? Heck those people are family!
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,390
    Denver's Front Office needs to fix this ASAP.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    4,130
    This looks horrible. My thoughts go out to the family and I also hope that somehow this can be resolved in a compassionate way.

    But can it be resolved? In the Broncos defense if they make an exception for this family then what about the next in line with an equally sad story? At what point does the length of time being a fan, the type of family disruption or a wide variety of variables allow for change in the rules?

    Sadly this family got caught up in the net of changes the Broncos decided to make. It's not fair. I doubt the Broncos made the decision lightly and realized it was going to negatively effect good people. But from a legal standpoint they had to make a rule and stick to it. Our society does not allow for common sense.

    If they make an exception for this family then what about the next sad story in line. And the one after that? Where is the cutoff that would be fair? Unfortunately someone will be that last in line that gets excluded. We will likely see more headlines like this or of the Broncos getting sued from that next fan in line.

    I hope the Broncos can resolve this in a compassionate way. But I understand if they can not.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    This looks horrible. My thoughts go out to the family and I also hope that somehow this can be resolved in a compassionate way.

    But can it be resolved? In the Broncos defense if they make an exception for this family then what about the next in line with an equally sad story? At what point does the length of time being a fan, the type of family disruption or a wide variety of variables allow for change in the rules?

    Sadly this family got caught up in the net of changes the Broncos decided to make. It's not fair. I doubt the Broncos made the decision lightly and realized it was going to negatively effect good people. But from a legal standpoint they had to make a rule and stick to it. Our society does not allow for common sense.

    If they make an exception for this family then what about the next sad story in line. And the one after that? Where is the cutoff that would be fair? Unfortunately someone will be that last in line that gets excluded. We will likely see more headlines like this or of the Broncos getting sued from that next fan in line.

    I hope the Broncos can resolve this in a compassionate way. But I understand if they can not.
    One solution seems to be to have given season tickets holders a notice before they put the policy in place, instead of making it retroactive. Since the family in question didn't get advanced notice, let them have their tickets. However, going forward the Broncos don't need to make exceptions, since people will know the rules and can plan accordingly.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    719
    The linked article, the author of which seems determined to paint the Broncos as heartless unthinking Corporate Bad Guys, omits some information that was in a Denver Post article about Siegler:

    According to the Broncos’ ticket office, Siegler has a history of selling his tickets. It says Siegler sold five of eight regular-season games in 2015 and six of eight in 2014. Additionally, he elected to buy tickets for two playoffs games in 2015 and the lone one in 2014, but sold every ticket for each of those three games.
    So the Broncos' determination wasn't based on Siegler's actions during a single season, but his pattern over multiple seasons.
    Last edited by RobertR; 05-12-2017 at 08:03 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    1,018
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    The linked article, the author of which seems determined to paint the Broncos as heartless unthinking Corporate Bad Guys, omits some information that was in a Denver Post article about Siegler:



    So the Broncos' determination wasn't based on Siegler's actions during a single season, but his pattern over multiple seasons.
    I don't understand why fans wouldn't want to be at these playoff games.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,100
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    The linked article, the author of which seems determined to paint the Broncos as heartless unthinking Corporate Bad Guys, omits some information that was in a Denver Post article about Siegler:



    So the Broncos' determination wasn't based on Siegler's actions during a single season, but his pattern over multiple seasons.
    Interesting, I was at work when I originally skimmed through the article. I wasn't aware of that. I'm not going to speculate but there could be suspicion of the family using the aliment as an excuse after the tickets were revoked. If I were the Broncos FO, I'd ask for admission records to treatment facilities and see if it lined up with the playing season. If so then reverse decision.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    10,463
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Denver's Front Office needs to fix this ASAP.
    I hope they do. This process can definitely be improved.

    On the flip side I am completely ok with revoking season tickets even if one game's tickets end up in the hands of opposing fans. I have no sympathy for people just willing to accept the highest price possible for profit. Yea it is well within their rights to do it...just like it is well within the Broncos rights to revoke season tickets for no reason at all.

    I have personally seen a guy drive by a lot of people willing to pay more for a good Monday night football game years ago and take less money to ensure the tickets went to a Bronco fan.

    We need more people like this with season tickets. Considering the length of the wait list the Broncos can weed out some of the profit motivated fans and really have minimal blowback....assuming the right thing is done when stuff like this thread happens.

    If I were running this I would set up some kind of program where Bronco fans could sell their tickets to other Bronco fans. Would take some effort but the Broncos have the money to make it happen.
    "Preservation of our environment is not a liberal or conservative challenge, it's common sense" RONALD REAGAN

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    Interesting, I was at work when I originally skimmed through the article. I wasn't aware of that. I'm not going to speculate but there could be suspicion of the family using the aliment as an excuse after the tickets were revoked. If I were the Broncos FO, I'd ask for admission records to treatment facilities and see if it lined up with the playing season. If so then reverse decision.
    Why? If the data bears that the owner has been selling for years then it's the right decision. They are playing the victim card when I guarantee they have been making money off the Broncos for years. I get that fans sell their tickets to the likes of Pats/Packers games to cover their entire season. But to sell over 50% every year and every playoff game? That's garbage, your bronco tickets shouldn't be supplemental income.

    And if what the Broncos said is true, then shame on these people for using the unfortunate death of their family member as a smear campaign on the Broncos.

    Fact is, a lot of people got their tickets back through appeal process, including some on this board. For the Broncos to uphold their decision should tell you something. Especially when these people ran to the press after the Broncos conducted their appeal process.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    california
    Posts
    701
    I guess if he would of sold them privately they would have never known. I'm on the fence because on one side someone is taking season tickets that maybe another fan would love and never miss a game . On the other I don't think someone has the right to tell you how to use an item which you paid for . If I bought something why would the company I bought it from have the right to tell me how to use it. The guy has had season tickets for a long time . So out of 80 games he's sold less then 20 ....cmon. he paid for them it should be his decision.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    The linked article, the author of which seems determined to paint the Broncos as heartless unthinking Corporate Bad Guys, omits some information that was in a Denver Post article about Siegler:



    So the Broncos' determination wasn't based on Siegler's actions during a single season, but his pattern over multiple seasons.
    Thank you for posting this. It's a shame that the AP picks up the story and omits this major piece. They are trying to paint Denver as some heartless corporation with this but in reality they are being reasonable in this case. It's a sad story but this season ticket holder was using their privilege to profit in the open market. The playoff games mentioned, were games that reached as high as $350+/ticket on the open market for nosebleeds. Had it been a situation where this individual had an excuse for one year, the story would be warranted but they have a continued history. It was deserved.

    I applaud the organization for making this move. Link to original article.
    Last edited by JW7; 05-12-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •