Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I guess if he would of sold them privately they would have never known. I'm on the fence because on one side someone is taking season tickets that maybe another fan would love and never miss a game . On the other I don't think someone has the right to tell you how to use an item which you paid for . If I bought something why would the company I bought it from have the right to tell me how to use it. The guy has had season tickets for a long time . So out of 80 games he's sold less then 20 ....cmon. he paid for them it should be his decision.
    I don't think the reselling of tickets should be outlawed, but I also think that a company can choose to have such a policy. It should be a private contractual matter. In any case, the facts show that this is not exactly the "poor loyal grieving fan vs.evil mustache-twirling corporate Scrooges" scenario it was initially painted as.

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    Interesting, I was at work when I originally skimmed through the article. I wasn't aware of that. I'm not going to speculate but there could be suspicion of the family using the aliment as an excuse after the tickets were revoked. If I were the Broncos FO, I'd ask for admission records to treatment facilities and see if it lined up with the playing season. If so then reverse decision.
    You want the Broncos to request confidential medical records for an investigation? That wouldn't create an issue or bad press at all.

Broncos perceived a problem. They attempted to find a clean solution by establishing a clear line in the sand with defined perameters. More then likely there are some that were on the wrong side of that line. Fans that shafted because they had one too many games sold.

And likely some for profit "fans" that slid in with one less game sold. Or perhaps sold but did not register in the Broncos tracking system.

Broncos are going to look bad no matter what they do. They tried to be analytical and it exposes them to the emotional argument. Apparently even to the extent of critical details being left out to tear at your heart even more. Simple oversight or intentional?

If they allow emotional exceptions how do they determine the rating of hardships or level of hardcore "fan". 20 years? 10 years? Multiple jerseys? There would be somebody claiming how unfair it is because they just missed the cutoff.

Broncos are a business. They start making exceptions and arbitrarily picking and choosing who is worthy they will be in court paying off those wronged for not being worthy enough.

I give them credit for trying to address an issue. But as we can see it just exposes them to crap they really don't need. How do you police the good or bad intentions of 75K fans? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    I guess if he would of sold them privately they would have never known. I'm on the fence because on one side someone is taking season tickets that maybe another fan would love and never miss a game . On the other I don't think someone has the right to tell you how to use an item which you paid for . If I bought something why would the company I bought it from have the right to tell me how to use it. The guy has had season tickets for a long time . So out of 80 games he's sold less then 20 ....cmon. he paid for them it should be his decision.
    Because you sign a licensing agreement with the Broncos that gives them the right. The same agreement if you act like a drunk jerk they can revoke your tickets.

Also, I can't imagine the Broncos are thrilled when they see said fan make 100+ per ticket on a game.
    Last edited by Atwnbroncfan; 05-12-2017 at 01:38 PM.

The Broncos need to reverse the decision and welcome the Eric Siegler's family to the season opener. We know organizations have to be consistent with policy however there are circumstances that justify an exception. I'm writing a letter to the Front Office and calling on Monday when they open.
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 05-13-2017 at 05:09 AM.

I don't have a problem, in principle, with what the Broncos have done.

I won't be surprised if they reverse this particular decision because of the optics.

If you're the family though, how do you accept the tickets, if the decision is reversed? Isn't it a bit too late for bygones to be bygones?
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Broncos need to reverse the decision and welcome the Eric Siegler's family to the season opener. We know organizations have to be consistent with policy however there are circumstances that justify an exception. I'm writing a letter to the Front Office and calling on Monday when they open.
    If this person hadn't been selling tickets for years they would have got their tickets back.

Seems reasonable to me considering his history of selling tickets over multiple seasons, including the playoffs.
    ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Completely disagree. The Siegler family is the main type of season ticket holder they are trying to weed out.

2014: Went to 3 of 9 games (playoffs included)
    2015: Went to 2 of 10 games (playoffs included)
    2016: Went to 0 of 8 games (If this was the only year they missed, I would side with them 100%)

So in a 3 year span, they attended 5 of 27 possible games. The article linked in the OP is incredibility misleading and should not be used as it omits these facts.

The thing that is most glaring to me is the 3 playoff games that were purchased and resold. Season ticket holders get the first crack at purchasing them. You can forgo that opportunity and still retain your license for the next season. The fact that they purchased these games with no intention of going but rather to profit is why the final decision was not overturned.
    Last edited by JW7; 05-13-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    If this person hadn't been selling tickets for years they would have got their tickets back.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Seems reasonable to me considering his history of selling tickets over multiple seasons, including the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Completely disagree. The Siegler family is the main type of season ticket holder they are trying to weed out.

2014: Went to 3 of 9 games (playoffs included)
    2015: Went to 2 of 10 games (playoffs included)
    2016: Went to 0 of 8 games (If this was the only year they missed, I would side with them 100%)

So in a 3 year span, they attended 5 of 27 possible games. The article linked in the OP is incredibility misleading and should not be used as it omits these facts.

The thing that is most glaring to me is the 3 playoff games that were purchased and resold. Season ticket holders get the first crack at purchasing them. You can forgo that opportunity and still retain your license for the next season. The fact that they purchased these games with no intention of going but rather to profit is why the final decision was not overturned.

The Broncos have the right to revoke season tickets at any time for any reason. I get the argument of trying to insure season ticket holders don't resell too many tickets.

An easy remedy would have been the following:

1. Express empathy for the Siegler family for their loss on behalf of the entire Broncos organization.
    2. Reverse the decision for 2017 season.
    3. Reinforce the idea that ticket reselling is discouraged.

If Eric Siegler continues reselling the majority of tickets including 2017 games, simply revoke season tickets next year.

They could have managed the situation with nobody knowing the difference. If other season ticket holders found out the Broncos would be in a strong position to defend their decision.

I agree with JW7. The fact that Siegler engaged in this behavior over multiple seasons, including playoff games, shows that it was NOT due to "special circumstances". Will your letter to the Broncos address the fact that this occurred over a 3 year span (if doing this over three years isn't sufficiently egregious for you, what is? 5 years? 10?), not just last season? Did you read the Denver Post article?
    Last edited by RobertR; 05-13-2017 at 08:41 AM.

Side Note - Won't Ticket Exchange Use Drop?

Won't this story, and more like it, lead to people NOT using the league driven Ticket Exchange? Short sited of our team, and any others, to use their new ticket tracking platform as a means to enforce things like this... Not saying it's not their right, obviously they built it to get data like this. Just saying the long term usage of the platform will take a hit. Just my 2 cents...
    Ed McCaffrey is the man

Quote Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
    I agree with JW7. The fact that Seigler engaged in this behavior over multiple seasons, including playoff games, shows that it was NOT due to "special circumstances". Will your letter to the Broncos address the fact that this occurred over a 3 year span (if doing this over three years isn't sufficiently egregious for you, what is? 5 years? 10?), not just last season? Did you read the Denver Post article?
    I've read all I need to know. I get the ticket reselling and what the Broncos are trying to accomplish. Regardless of his selling the tickets in the past, his family endured a very tough battle. Granting the exception for this season and reassessing his account next year is just one way of handling the matter.

I've read all I need to know. I get the ticket reselling and what the Broncos are trying to accomplish. Regardless of his selling the tickets in the past, his family endured a very tough battle. Granting the exception for this season and reassessing his account next year is just one way of handling the matter.
    The fact that he did this over a 3 year period shows that he did not engage in this behavior because of the "tough battle". His ticket reselling and the death of a family member are unrelated.

The Broncos can do what they want. However, after selling tickets for almost 60 years, IMO, they should give a warning if they are going to change their policy, especially considering that the stadium was largely built with tax payer money.

Quote Originally Posted by ManhattanBronco View Post
    Won't this story, and more like it, lead to people NOT using the league driven Ticket Exchange? Short sited of our team, and any others, to use their new ticket tracking platform as a means to enforce things like this... Not saying it's not their right, obviously they built it to get data like this. Just saying the long term usage of the platform will take a hit. Just my 2 cents...
    They'll have to hire people to monitor other ticket scalping sites.

The Ticket Exchange will likely be less used.
    Jesus Loves You, even if you don't love Him.
    Woooo!! Wooooo!!! Wooooooo!!!! Wooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
    negs are for cowards. I won't back down.