Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Taylor

Jordan Taylor

Anyone have any opinions about JT? I thought he had good hands, got a lot of time working out with Peyton, so I would think that should have helped him develop. He got some attention last training camp for some great catches, but he seemed rarely used and at 6'5" with good hands, you'd think they have plans for him. I'd like to see him get a chance this year or am I missing something about him?
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

I thought he was very good when he got playing time last year. Home they have plans for him
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

To go from being undrafted, to sitting on the practice squad to getting a few snaps a game, I think he takes the next step and gets a little more playing time.

He did a good job when he was in and he didn't do anything to lose my faith (for what it's worth).

I don't think we will have any specific plans for him per say, but I think he is a solid #4 guy.

It's really great to have so many decent receivers to groom our young Quarterbacks.

Back to the op: I've always been impressed with what JT has shown in his limited time. I'd like to see him stay on the team and compete for #3.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    It's really great to have so many decent receivers to groom our young Quarterbacks.

Back to the op: I've always been impressed with what JT has shown in his limited time. I'd like to see him stay on the team and compete for #3.
    most have argued that outside of DT and sanders we have nothing on offense. I actually like JT but he hasnt shown too terribly much, im not sure if we have a lot of decent receivers, we have two really good ones and a bunch of other guys with potential...including rookies.

I distinctly remember Mike McCoy saying in an interview not too long ago that there are some pieces on offense that they plan to utilize a lot more.

I'm hoping that Jordan Taylor is one of those pieces and in Mike McCoy system, his talents should be utilized to greater lengths.

JT's 2016 highlights:

https://youtu.be/RMV1CpeI0To

Taylor had limited opportunities but I like what he brings. He got a lot of reps with Peyton in 2015 - apparently Peyton coached him up on running routes. Seems like Taylor's competition would be Marlon Brown altough injuries have been a challenge.

Hope he lands a roster spot.

Jordan Taylor is one of my favorite players on the team. But our most crowded roster spot is WR, and he fills in for either Sanders or DT as I don't recall him ever playing slot, so already his role is pretty diminished. I like him an awful lot though (see my avatar), and O really hope he makes the #3 or #4

I too really like Jordan Taylor. He always seemed to catch everything thrown to him, he has really good hands and his footwork is awesome. He's very aware of where his feet are and his ability to do that toe tapping thing....whether in the EZ or on the sidelines is great.

I hope they use him more. I was often disappointed that we didn't.
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Jt

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I too really like Jordan Taylor. He always seemed to catch everything thrown to him, he has really good hands and his footwork is awesome. He's very aware of where his feet are and his ability to do that toe tapping thing....whether in the EZ or on the sidelines is great.

I hope they use him more. I was often disappointed that we didn't.
    I know he is not Decker, who I miss a lot, but Mike McCoy Had DT and ED. JT is like Decker in the hands department. I wouldn't mind Sanders taking the slot and rotating the other WR's into the mix across from DT, with JT being the main guy in.
    This is the NFL!!

Don't sing it... Bring It!!!!!

Go Broncos!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JED Bronco View Post
    I know he is not Decker, who I miss a lot, but Mike McCoy Had DT and ED. JT is like Decker in the hands department. I wouldn't mind Sanders taking the slot and rotating the other WR's into the mix across from DT, with JT being the main guy in.
    I'm interested to see sets where ES is in the slot with JT and DT on the outsides, Butt at TE, and CJ or Charles (if his wheels hold up) in the backfield.
    Inside the 20's that's could be a devastating lineup to opposing defenses.

We'll he better take a big step this year because this Henderson kid they just drafted is a stud and it won't take him long to make a name for himself

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I'm interested to see sets where ES is in the slot with JT and DT on the outsides, Butt at TE, and CJ or Charles (if his wheels hold up) in the backfield.
    Inside the 20's that's could be a devastating lineup to opposing defenses.
    All depends on the QB, Denver's offense imo is ready to compete with the best.....just need the 1 guy to step up and produce

I like DT, Sanders, and Henderson as our top receivers... I fully expect Fowler and Taylor to battle it out in TC for the #4 spot.

I felt like Fowler was crucial to our SB run in 2015. He was clutch and made key plays. Without Manning though, he needs to find consistency with these young QBs.

Taylor brings a different physical skillset than Fowler. Both can make plays in the open field. Fowler can run good routes in space and get himself open. Taylor is a bigger, more athletic specimen, and he is a redzone threat. I'd like both on the roster ideally. Plus, Fowler is pretty good on special teams.

He will have to step up his game to make the team.

WR 1- DT
    WR2 - Sanders

Slot/WR3/WR4- Henderson or Mackenzie

5th receiver- Brown, Fowler, Taylor, Latimer battling for one or two spots if we keep 6 receivers.
    Last edited by Ohenhen12345; 05-14-2017 at 12:30 PM.