Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Jordan Taylor

IMO Latimer might be the odd man out here. I like Fowler more than most, he can play outside and inside, consistently got nice releases last year and caught it well over the middle in traffic.

Taylor I was not high on but as time went on I realized that he was really consistent, and he had a nice catch VS the Saints, got hit and held on for the TD, and the Siemian scramble drill TD he caught VS the Chiefs was awesome.

At the least he's definitely earned a role based on last years production with what little action he got. I think with DT, Sanders, Fowler and Taylor the Broncos have a good WR core not including the incoming rookies & FAs who might get a shot.

I like JT as much as the next guy...The year he went CFA I mocked him to us in the 7th rd.

That said we need to be honest about him and his skills. He is an outside WR only. He is a long strider and is really only effective on go routes and deep ins/curls. His biggest problem is he cannot get separation unless he gets a head of steam first.

It will likely be:

DT
    ES
    Henderson
    Latimer
    JT/Fowler/Raymond/Mckenzie/Brown
    JT/Fowler/Raymond/Mckenzie (mckenzie will make the roster depending on if we carry 5 or 6 wr
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Quote Originally Posted by jakemillar View Post
    I like Fowler more than most, he can play outside and inside, consistently got nice releases last year and caught it well over the middle in traffic.
    And if he caught the ball well a little better in traffic/clutch situations, they'd have been 11-5 last season. Still, can't really blame one player But the drops he had against the Titans and Chiefs were huge.

Too weak, not a great route runner, not a good blocker, doesn't have great hands and probably won't be on the 53 man roster in week 1. Not a huge impact on special teams. Imo he gets more credit than he's earned because he's a white wr.

I doubt he would have seen much playing time at all last year if Fowler hadn't got hurt. Fowler's chances of a spot on the 53 are much slimmer than they were last year with the help we've brought in. The receivers we did bring in can contribute on special teams, which is the only reason Latimer is still around so Taylor better learn to be a top returner or somehow contribute more on special teams if he's going to have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Too weak, not a great route runner, not a good blocker, doesn't have great hands and probably won't be on the 53 man roster in week 1. Not a huge impact on special teams. Imo he gets more credit than he's earned because he's a white wr.

I doubt he would have seen much playing time at all last year if Fowler hadn't got hurt. Fowler's chances of a spot on the 53 are much slimmer than they were last year with the help we've brought in. The receivers we did bring in can contribute on special teams, which is the only reason Latimer is still around so Taylor better learn to be a top returner or somehow contribute more on special teams if he's going to have a chance.
    I could not agree with the bolded comments above. I think he has shown he has good hands, and as for route running, working out with Peyton for months, I don't believe Peyton would allow him to run anything but crisp routes to get back into the starter position. Peyton is known for demanding his WRs to run routes exactly like they should be.
    Denver Broncos 2015 - Win AFC West Division: , Win AFC Conference: , Beat SB 49 Champs (2X): , Win SB 50:

Can you provide proof of this. I would imagine you are alone (maybe one or two extra outliers) on this opinion. Since he has been here, he's caught just about everything.

Not sure why people keep saying he is strictly an outside WR?
    Jordan played outside AND the slot at Rice. At Rice's pro day he ran as fast as a 4.5 40, 6.69 3 cone (not bad), 4.46 short shuttle, pretty good for a 6'5" player. He does need to play stronger at the line and also needs to show he can be a good/great blocker ... he was not known for his blocking in college but now, coming into his third season he should concentrate on that, that can also help when in the slot.
    He isn't your prototypical size for the slot position but that doesn't mean he can't be effective there. He has a body type that shouldn't have a problem handling 220lbs ... he stated that his playing weight was 215 in college; needs to hang out in the weight room.
    I think Jordan has a future in the NFL and I hope it is here in Bronco country.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Can you provide proof of this. I would imagine you are alone (maybe one or two extra outliers) on this opinion. Since he has been here, he's caught just about everything.
    If you want to leave out a couple big drops in games against the chiefs and titans that caused us to miss the playoffs, go ahead.

If you want to leave out a couple big drops in games against the chiefs and titans that caused us to miss the playoffs, go ahead.
    This is awkward. That would be Fowler that had those drops... That guy you said Taylor shouldn't be ahead of. Sunshine did not have crucial drops in those games.

Edit: I believe you misinterpreted the person that posted before you as talking about Taylor. He was definitely talking about Fowler, as he had the huge drop in the end zone on a very nice pass by Trevor. That one sticks out like a sore thumb to me.

So again, I ask. Proof that Taylor doesn't have good hands?
    Last edited by ksubroncosfan; 05-15-2017 at 05:33 PM.

So, after this slightly snide comment. Then being shown how you incorrectly placed two big drops on Jordan Taylor as your evidence for his poor hands that actually came from the player that you praised in favor of Taylor, you don't have anything to say?

Not even a "whoops, my bad on those two examples, but here are other examples of why Taylor doesn't have good hands." Or a, "Nevermind, maybe Taylor does have good hands, but the rest of my points still stand unless you can prove otherwise."

But, I cannot think of a time where he's actually dropped a pass he should have caught in game and I don't agree that he is a poor route runner. Although, that's a tad tougher for me to objectively debate you on that matter on here.