Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,065

    Rex Ryan To Be In Booth Game Analyst For Our First Game

    This is not a joke...

    According to multiple sources. ESPN broadcaster Beth Mowins will be given the play by play assignment for the Sept. 11 game between Chargers and Broncos in Denver, the late game of the Monday Night Football opening week doubleheader. Former Bills and Jets head coach Rex Ryan is likely to be her game analyst.
    https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/0...low_twitter_si
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,805
    You're serious?! Oh no!

    Lol jk, Rex Ryan doesn't bother me. I think he's a good personality for television. He's never bothered me. You might not think he's a good coach, but it doesn't mean he doesn't know a whole heck of a lot about football.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,889
    Rex Ryan said on the radio that Siemian is a "journeyman" (though he's just entering his 3rd season) and the Broncos should put Paxton Lynch on the field without competition, just to see what he can do. That's when I understood why Rex Ryan lost the locker room and is not a head coach anymore.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,690
    Thank god I'll be there and won't have to hear Rex Ryan drool over feet for 3.5 hours.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Rex Ryan said on the radio that Siemian is a "journeyman" (though he's just entering his 3rd season) and the Broncos should put Paxton Lynch on the field without competition, just to see what he can do. That's when I understood why Rex Ryan lost the locker room and is not a head coach anymore.
    He's an analyst who gave his opinion, why is that a big deal? It seems to be the view out there right now that Siemian is a backup QB. That's not to say he won't become a great starter, and at that point the media probably showers him with praise. But right now he seems to be viewed as a guy who had the job, not the longterm answer.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's an analyst who gave his opinion, why is that a big deal? It seems to be the view out there right now that Siemian is a backup QB. That's not to say he won't become a great starter, and at that point the media probably showers him with praise. But right now he seems to be viewed as a guy who had the job, not the longterm answer.
    Because it differs from his opinion.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's an analyst who gave his opinion, why is that a big deal? It seems to be the view out there right now that Siemian is a backup QB. That's not to say he won't become a great starter, and at that point the media probably showers him with praise. But right now he seems to be viewed as a guy who had the job, not the longterm answer.
    Because the Broncos have a playoff-caliber defense with veteran players waiting for the offense to step up and help them win some games. Many players in the locker room have recently experienced a championship season and they want the best QB on the field to get back in the big game. The only way for the head coach to show he is playing the best QB on the roster is to make everyone see it through competition. Vance Joseph can't handle the job to Paxton Lynch and tank the season with this roster just to see if Lynch can get some experience. The best QB has to play, not the highest-drafted QB.

    The starter will have to show this new coaching staff why he is the best guy to lead the offense. That's how the locker room can see the best players are playing, without any entitlement. So, what Rex Ryan suggested is exactly what a losing coach would do. Throwing the 1st-round QB out there without competition, especially when he was far behind Siemian last season, is a quick way to lose the respect of the locker room and make this season look like a rebuilding period in a very tough division. If Siemian is just a backup as you say, then Lynch should have no problem beating him in a fair competition.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Because the Broncos have a playoff-caliber defense with veteran players waiting for the offense to step up and help them win some games. Many players in the locker room have recently experienced a championship season and they want the best QB on the field to get back in the big game. The only way for the head coach to show he is playing the best QB on the roster is to make everyone see it through competition. Vance Joseph can't handle the job to Paxton Lynch and tank the season with this roster just to see if Lynch can get some experience. The best QB has to play, not the highest-drafted QB.

    The starter will have to show this new coaching staff why he is the best guy to lead the offense. That's how the locker room can see the best players are playing, without any entitlement. So, what Rex Ryan suggested is exactly what a losing coach would do. Throwing the 1st-round QB out there without competition, especially when he was far behind Siemian last season, is a quick way to lose the respect of the locker room and make this season look like a rebuilding period in a very tough division. If Siemian is just a backup as you say, then Lynch should have no problem beating him in a fair competition.
    Again, he's an analyst who was asked a question and gave his opinion. If he was praising Siemian would your viewpoint still remain the same?

    The Broncos had a veteran defense last year, with many players who had just experienced a championship and their offense was awful. Because of that, the guy who was QB of the offense is going to face real questions. From within the organization, within the locker room as well as from people outside. If Siemian is as good as some feel he is, it's not a big deal, he will overcome. So who cares what Rex Ryan thinks? But until people are shown otherwise, they will have their doubts.

    As for Lynch being far behind Siemian last season, the two key words in that are "last season" what happened last year doesn't matter, especially since the offense struggled as much as it did. The fact that it's an open competition right now and not locked up despite "Siemian being far ahead of Lynch last season" appears to show that the separation isn't as big as many believe, if it were and the organization had as much confidence in Siemian as lots of people on here do, it's doubtful that it's an open competition, there's no need to even mention it other than saying Siemian goes into the offseason as the number 1.

    Ultimately Siemian could end up being brilliant and having a long storied career, hopefully if he does it happens in Denver. But even the staunchest Siemian supporters have to understand why there are unanswered questions to many?
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Again, he's an analyst who was asked a question and gave his opinion. If he was praising Siemian would your viewpoint still remain the same?
    It's not about that, it's about his opinion that there should not be competiton at QB. Tell me how throwing Paxton Lynch out there without competition, without proving he deserves it, makes any sense for this team.

    Go tell Von Miller and that secondary that Lynch is the starter no matter what and they will just have to deal with it.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    The fact that it's an open competition right now and not locked up despite "Siemian being far ahead of Lynch last season" appears to show that the separation isn't as big as many believe, if it were and the organization had as much confidence in Siemian as lots of people on here do, it's doubtful that it's an open competition, there's no need to even mention it other than saying Siemian goes into the offseason as the number 1.
    The only reason there will be a competiton is because Paxton Lynch was a 1st-round pick in 2016 and Siemian was a 7th-round pick in 2015. If both QBs were 4th-round picks, for example, I don't think we would be talking about competition. The Broncos won't close the door on the 1st-round QB after one season. However, he has to prove it. It can't be given without a competiton that proves there isn't a better QB on the roster.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    The only reason there will be a competiton is because Paxton Lynch was a 1st-round pick in 2016 and Siemian was a 7th-round pick in 2015. If both QBs were 4th-round picks, for example, I don't think we would be talking about competition. The Broncos won't close the door on the 1st-round QB after one season. However, he has to prove it. It can't be given without a competiton that proves there isn't a better QB on the roster.
    Disagree. Trevor did not show enough to warrant no competition, despite being the best on our roster last year.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    8,228
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    It's not about that, it's about his opinion that there should not be competiton at QB. Tell me how throwing Paxton Lynch out there without competition, without proving he deserves it, makes any sense for this team.

    Go tell Von Miller and that secondary that Lynch is the starter no matter what and they will just have to deal with it.
    It's his opinion, it's not right or wrong, it's just his opinion. He doesn't view Siemian as a starting QB, and he thinks the Broncos need to find out what they have in the first round pick. I don't really agree with that, but it's not wrong, and many teams have done it before, so many subscribe to that theory, not just him.

    I don't think the defense cares who the QB is, as long as they can move the chains, keep them off the field and score some points. I'm sure they wouldn't be happy either if they were told Siemian was the starting QB no matter what and they'd have to deal with it. Cause they dealt with that last year and it didn't go well.

    But enough with that debate, it's been had many many times. The issue of what Rex Ryan said, he's an analyst and was asked his opinion and voiced it. There's nothing more to it. And even though I don't agree with it, at least it's an opinion and not completely bland like Peter King fawning all over Tom Brady and not talking about much else other than travel and getting coffee, like he does weekly.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    16,889
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Disagree. Trevor did not show enough to warrant no competition, despite being the best on our roster last year.
    That's debatable and I understand if someone has a different opinion. What makes absolutely no sense, in the current situation, is to NOT have a QB competiton like Rex Ryan suggested and, even worse, hand the job to the guy that did not win the job last season.

    We have the best player on the team saying this:

    http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...trev/407882303

    “I feel like Elway has always put us in a great championship position, whatever quarterback that we’ve had,’’ Miller said on the eve of Super Bowl LI. “Me, personally, I like Trev. He’s done a great job for us. Of course, you’ve got to come back and do it in training camp but I like that healthy competition between him and Paxton.

    “And who knows, Paxton could come alive and become a star. It happens every single year. I like our two guys that we have right now. If we were able to get somebody else, then that will be a decision of the guys in the front office. But I’m happy with where we’re at right now.’’
    Which is probably the opinion of several other players on the roster, at least according to Tyler Polumbus, and someone thinks it's a good idea to push Siemian aside and force Lynch up the depth chart?

    "Hey guys, it might not look pretty in 2017, but it might pay off in 2018". Is this what a new head coach should sell to his locker room?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,805
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    That's debatable and I understand if someone has a different opinion. What makes absolutely no sense, in the current situation, is to NOT have a QB competiton like Rex Ryan suggested and, even worse, hand the job to the guy that did not win the job last season.

    We have the best player on the team saying this:

    http://www.9news.com/sports/nfl/denv...trev/407882303



    Which is probably the opinion of several other players on the roster, at least according to Tyler Polumbus, and someone thinks it's a good idea to push Siemian aside and force Lynch up the depth chart?

    "Hey guys, it might not look pretty in 2017, but it might pay off in 2018". Is this what a new head coach should sell to his locker room?
    I said, Trevor did not do enough to prove he shouldn't be in a competition. Not that he shouldn't be benched in favor of Paxton with no competition. I did not say I agree with Rex.

    It seems that just because I don't agree that Trevor has shown enough yet, people (mostly Trevor fans, not all) interpret that as me rooting against him or saying I don't think he has a shot at becoming a good qb for us.

    I don't agree that it's debatable that he's shown he doesn't deserve to have competition, however. Unless he had a Prescott, Wilson, luck, etc, type first year campaign, then you definitely keep the competition going. With the inconsistency he displayed, some good, some average and some bad games throughout the season, you don't get a pass in the NFL. You do get to have no competition at the qb position when you consistently prove that you're THE guy to get the job done.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,283
    Interesting. Have always liked Rex's defensive mind. Found his opinion on our QB scenario interesting given how that same attitude worked out for Sanchez.

    Will be interesting to hear what he has to say.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •