Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    Because it differs from his opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    He's an analyst who gave his opinion, why is that a big deal? It seems to be the view out there right now that Siemian is a backup QB. That's not to say he won't become a great starter, and at that point the media probably showers him with praise. But right now he seems to be viewed as a guy who had the job, not the longterm answer.
    How about because it's a terrible way of thinking? It shows where Rex Ryan's mindset is and gives insight as to why he lost his team.

You have TS, a starter last season who according to the reports has the full support of the locker room, then you've got Lynch who has yet to prove himself (granted TS hasn't fully proven himself either)

If you do what Rex Ryan suggests, you risk fracturing the locker room and on top of that you may still end up without a viable option at QB.

A good coach knows that you have to make an unproven QB earn his keep because in doing so he has the chance to help win the locker room over to his cause. You don't just give him the position for giggles to see what happens as Mr. Foot Fetish is suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    It seems that just because I don't agree that Trevor has shown enough yet, people (mostly Trevor fans, not all) interpret that as me rooting against him or saying I don't think he has a shot at becoming a good qb for us.
    In all fairness, that's a two way street. Rather than have a peaceful discussion, your first instinct was to go for the jugular by accusing Rod of not liking Rex's opinion because it goes against his own. These discussions turn into back and forth arguments because rather than simply discussing talking points, people immediately try and make it into an us against them fanboy argument.

Rod's point is a fair point regardless of what QB you support. Had Rex Ryan stated that he thought TS was great and should be named the starter without competition, would you agree with it?

No QB should be given the starting job competition free until he's proven he deserves it. If you just hand someone the keys to team like that, if it ends up being the wrong choice, you lose the locker room and it's hard to get that trust back.

This doesn't need to be some back and forth fan boy attack, this is something that applies to any QB situation, you don't just hand someone a job like that.

There would be a lot less "TS fans" and "lynch fans" comments if we would just stick to the issues instead of trying to make it about the posters themselves and where they stand on topics.

Rex Ryan as a color commentator on a football broadcast should be interesting. He may be suited for the job since he is a talker. He knows some football, but his expertise regarding QBs is questionable.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Rex Ryan as a color commentator on a football broadcast should be interesting. He may be suited for the job since he is a talker. He knows some football, but his expertise regarding QBs is questionable.
    I agree, especially about his QB "expertise".

I think he'll be pretty interesting, at least for a while. I look forward to him more than either Cutler or Romo, neither of which have shown to me they are interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    He's the definition of colorful so it should be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    How about because it's a terrible way of thinking? It shows where Rex Ryan's mindset is and gives insight as to why he lost his team.

You have TS, a starter last season who according to the reports has the full support of the locker room, then you've got Lynch who has yet to prove himself (granted TS hasn't fully proven himself either)

If you do what Rex Ryan suggests, you risk fracturing the locker room and on top of that you may still end up without a viable option at QB.

A good coach knows that you have to make an unproven QB earn his keep because in doing so he has the chance to help win the locker room over to his cause. You don't just give him the position for giggles to see what happens as Mr. Foot Fetish is suggesting.
    He's an analyst, was asked a question and answered. Whether we agree with it or not doesn't matter, it's just his opinion. He may view Siemian as nothing more than a backup, that's his opinion. It doesn't matter and it's not as if the Broncos are going to change their direction just because Ryan said it.

Personally I don't think you give the team over to either QB until they earn it, which is what the Broncos are doing.

As for the support of the locker room, that will go to whichever QB they feel can get them wins, last year it was Siemian, for obvious reasons. This year we'll see how it plays out.

He's an analyst, was asked a question and answered. Whether we agree with it or not doesn't matter, it's just his opinion. He may view Siemian as nothing more than a backup, that's his opinion. It doesn't matter and it's not as if the Broncos are going to change their direction just because Ryan said it.

Personally I don't think you give the team over to either QB until they earn it, which is what the Broncos are doing.

As for the support of the locker room, that will go to whichever QB they feel can get them wins, last year it was Siemian, for obvious reasons. This year we'll see how it plays out.
    And the point you seem to keep missing, Rod was pointing out that this is a flawed mindset and it gives insight to why he's not a coach anymore...

It doesn't matter if we agree or not...You are bickering just to bicker and ignoring the point being made that this logic out of Ryan (regardless of which QB we are talking about here) is terrible logic. You simply don't hand the keys to the franchise to a QB that hasn't proved he's capable of it (same applies for every QB on the roster, not just Lynch)

No it won't impact what the Broncos think or do, that's not what's being discussed here. It's the notion that you should just hand the QB position over without competition just for the heck of it to see what happens.

That's how he ended up with Tim Tebow as his QB and then eventually ended up starting over from square one multiple times at QB...It's flawed thinking. You can say that without turning into a TS vs Lynch discussion...

Rod was simply making an observation about Rexy's mindset, the only one that's making a big deal out of it is you trying to turn this into a Lynch Vs TS argument when there isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    And the point you seem to keep missing, Rod was pointing out that this is a flawed mindset and it gives insight to why he's not a coach anymore...

It doesn't matter if we agree or not...You are bickering just to bicker and ignoring the point being made that this logic out of Ryan (regardless of which QB we are talking about here) is terrible logic. You simply don't hand the keys to the franchise to a QB that hasn't proved he's capable of it (same applies for every QB on the roster, not just Lynch)

No it won't impact what the Broncos think or do, that's not what's being discussed here. It's the notion that you should just hand the QB position over without competition just for the heck of it to see what happens.

That's how he ended up with Tim Tebow as his QB and then eventually ended up starting over from square one multiple times at QB...It's flawed thinking. You can say that without turning into a TS vs Lynch discussion...
    No, I'm saying the logic doesn't matter. It's his opinion. Other teams have done the same thing, so it's not like he's alone in his thinking. People are getting too worked up about one person's opinion. And really it's an unimportant opinion.

Why he's an analyst rather than a coach doesn't matter either. Both Brian Billick and Jon Gruden are analysts, no one thinks about how neither of the "QB gurus" were able to develop anything at QB during their last jobs. If he's a good analyst people will start thinking of him for that and his coaching failures will be forgotten, much like Billick and Gruden.

And I'm not bickering to bicker, I'm making the point that the opinion of unimportant people doesn't matter, and for the Broncos and their current situation Ryan is an unimportant person.

People lets not get hot and bothered about what vomit comes out of Rex Ryan's mouth. It means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    People lets not get hot and bothered about what vomit comes out of Rex Ryan's mouth. It means nothing.
    That's kind of what I was getting at. He was asked for a sound bite, he gave one. It has zero affect on the players and the Broncos organization. If it were someone closer to the organization like Schefter, Klis, or a recent player or coach saying it, then it might mean something, but not a guy who makes bombastic statements that his team could never back up.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

That's kind of what I was getting at. He was asked for a sound bite, he gave one. It has zero affect on the players and the Broncos organization. If it were someone closer to the organization like Schefter, Klis, or a recent player or coach saying it, then it might mean something, but not a guy who makes bombastic statements that his team could never back up.
    Exactly. And to build on this, you often hear these takes from players, GMs, and coaches that have switched to analysts, and they often say things that they would have never actually done before. Not that everything they say fits that narrative, though.

Just remember at the end of the day, that man has a foot fetishe and a tattoo of his wife wearing a mark Sanchez jersey on his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Just remember at the end of the day, that man has a foot fetishe and a tattoo of his wife wearing a mark Sanchez jersey on his arm.
    To each his own.

I just wish that Rex Ryan was coaching our 1st opponent.

And as to there being an "Open Competition"? What else would a new Head Coach say under these circumstances? In any case, I doubt if it's going to help Paxton Lynch without "Divine Intervention".

I HATE Rex Ryan so much, that I can't accurately describe it
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!