Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Gotsis Vs Walker

Who wins the job and why?

I expect DL to be on a two-deep rotation.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Any news on Vance Walker?

Quote Originally Posted by Bterres105 View Post
    Any news on Vance Walker?
    There are ninety guys on the roster at the moment, and he's not one of them.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I don't know to much about Gotsis, but does he fit the mold of a player with attitude? Ive noticed a trend the offseason and that is, John Elway seems to be adding a lot of players with a nasty mean streak! We all remember the term "kicking and screaming", well it seems that we have a roster now built of a lot of fury passionate attitude and Im just curious if Gotsis fits this mold, if not, then I don't expect him to be on this roster for very long.
    <a href=http://s723.photobucket.com/user/SjZJ24/media/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/SjZJ24/broncos%20ring%20x%203_edited-1_zpse4zwvw5r.jpg target=_blank>http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/w...pse4zwvw5r.jpg</a></a>
    Special thanks to those who have CP'ed me, I'll get ya back

Why would we reach for him in the 2nd round then? Gotsis seems to be more of an "athlete" where as Walker has an NFL nasty swim move

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySnipes View Post
    Why would we reach for him in the 2nd round then? Gotsis seems to be more of an "athlete" where as Walker has an NFL nasty swim move
    Yes. I have a feeling this is how it went down.

Bill: "I think we should take Gotsis this round because I don't think he'll be there for us by our third rounder. We like him, so we need to pull the trigger a bit early".

John: "are you sure? I think we'll be able to take Demarcus Walker next year instead..."

I heard Cecil Lammy saying this morning that Domata Peko will see a lot of playing time at the DE position opposite Derek Wolfe.

So it may not be so much Adam Gotsis but Domata Peko competing with Walker for playing time which makes me feel a lot better.

"But Who's going to relieve Kerr if that's true"? This guy, Tyrique Jarret. All 6/3 330lbs of mammoth at the NT position. Anyone who's seen this kid play can attest that he is not only a run stuffer but a penetrator as well.

Not sure which player will emerge as the better draft pick. Gotsis came into camp last season rehabbing his knee. He was building strength - looking forward to seeing him contribute more this season.

I see Walker as a 3 tech and Gotsis as a 5, not sure they are competing for the same reps. Think Walker has very little competition, he may be our best interior pass rusher from the get go. Gotsis vs Crick vs Winn is the battle for snaps/roster spots I see upcoming.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Vance Joseph said Gotsis was never fully healed from his knee injury last season and couldn't be himself on the field. He can now, and is fully healthy.

I worry about Walker's endurance to be an every down player. He had to sit out several games that were no where around Denver's altitude. Gotsis on the other hand had familiarization with Kollar and will finally have a healthy camp.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gotsis has a good year.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    I worry about Walker's endurance to be an every down player. He had to sit out several games that were no where around Denver's altitude. Gotsis on the other hand had familiarization with Kollar and will finally have a healthy camp.

I've read conflicting reports on this idea.

It looks like we have the DL personnel to have a good/great rotation with the rookie Walker getting better as the season progresses. I think, except for Wolfe that everyone that makes the team on the DL will be rotated in and out. Even Wolfe will likely play the 3 and 5 techs depending on down and distance along with FP to some degree. Wolfe will play more plays in a game than any other DL, is my guess. Walker and Gotsis can complement each other ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post

He played roughly 90% of the defensive snaps in Florida last year, his durability isn't a concern to me when he might play roughly 50%-60%. I expect Gotsis to win the DE jump opposite Wolfe as an early down run stuffer with Walker coming on in passing downs and to keep him fresh. It's NT that's the bigger concern for me, Kerr is the guy to keep an eye on with Peko been on decline in recent years