Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 223

Thread: Lynch's Chances

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,125

    Lynch's Chances

    I start this thread with caution, in hopes we can peacefully discuss the chance Paxton Lynch has in making QB1 come the first week of the regular season.

    Without trying to compare Paxton/Trevor and who's smarter, I ask; does Lynch have an actual shot at winning the gig?

    I've felt pretty convinced that if he's healthy that Siemian has virtually no chance of not starting. However, this time last year; I felt the same about... Sanchez. I was sold and convinced (as were many of you! Cmon, fess up!) who felt that old Mark Sanchez could resurrect his career in a hopeful Plummer-esqe fashion. Never once did the thought that Trevor would win the job actually seem plausible to me. Over Mark and the 1st round pick? No chance.. Can Lynch prove me wrong again?

    If the chance is there. What does Paxton have to do to prove to VJ he's worthy of taking the reigns?
    Last edited by Strip Sacked; 05-17-2017 at 08:26 PM.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,800
    *Triggered*

    - You know

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    *Triggered*

    - You know
    It's a serious question. What does Lynch have to prove to show he's beyond Siemian? (If he is)
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,800
    But, on a real note. Of course he has a chance. He's got many physical tools. You can call him dumb, but no one here actually knows how smart he is when he has a full offseason of studying, nor does anyone here know EXACTLY what kind of work he is putting in. Who knows how much he'll improve.

    However, if I had to guess/place a bet on it right now, I would put money on Trevor being our starter in week one.

    We'll see though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    It's a serious question. What does Lynch have to prove to show he's beyond Siemian? (If he is)
    I know. Lol. I was just making a joke because there are one or two on here that seem absolutely offended at the idea of someone thinking Paxton can start over Trevor.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I know. Lol. I was just making a joke because there are one or two on here that seem absolutely offended at the idea of someone thinking Paxton can start over Trevor.
    I'll throw you another. Kelly is out for a bit, likely to start on IR. What are the chances Kyle Sloter throws the franchise for a tail-spin and out performs them both?
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,800
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post
    I'll throw you another. Kelly is out for a bit, likely to start on IR. What are the chances Kyle Sloter throws the franchise for a tail-spin and out performs them both?
    This year? I'd say very unlikely. However, with his physical tool set, and having no idea what his mental makeup is, I could see him making a push next year with a year of development. Am i saying I think it will happen? Not really. Just saying, if it happened, I wouldn't be shell shocked.

    In 2018, I would not be surprised if Chad was starting, though. I personally think he is going to be the best qb out of the group. That doesn't mean I won't be terribly wrong. Just my gut feeling.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    This year? I'd say very unlikely. However, with his physical tool set, and having no idea what his mental makeup is, I could see him making a push next year with a year of development. Am i saying I think it will happen? Not really. Just saying, if it happened, I wouldn't be shell shocked.


    Behold.. your future starting Quarterback for the Denver Broncos.


    Just watch these kids Sloter and Kelly leave Siemian and Lynch in the dust next year...
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    719
    I find these kind of threads rather silly. It all amounts to speculation. "Player A will start if the coaches think he's better ". Of course. It's like saying "politician A will win if he gets more votes". If anyone could really predict the future, he'd be incredibly rich. But of course, no one can.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Strip Sacked View Post


    Behold.. your future starting Quarterback for the Denver Broncos.


    Just watch these kids Sloter and Kelly leave Siemian and Lynch in the dust next year...
    agreed Sloter is such a sleeper. he's going to make serious noise this off season.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    17,958
    I think the #1 thing Lynch has to do to become the starter is be better at picking up 1st downs on 3rd down. Siemian struggled with that so I think that will be a key thing the coaches look for.


    CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    At home.
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think the #1 thing Lynch has to do to become the starter is be better at picking up 1st downs on 3rd down. Siemian struggled with that so I think that will be a key thing the coaches look for.
    See there we go, that's what I'm looking for. Now I ask you, say Paxton does become the starter. Is his leash going to be longer or the same as Siemian's will if Siemian wins the job?
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    268
    Unless 1 gets injured they may both have a short leash. It is going to be very difficult to justify a long leash if they are obviously making bad decisions that cause us to lose. They are going to screw up. These are not seasoned veterans. From what I saw last year, they both can make some big plays, but they need more time to make them. So if Lynch can make quick decisions while showing that, when it is there, he can get the ball deep accurately he has a chance to start. I liked the fact that Lynch did hire a QB to work with him this off-season. You guys are right we don't really know how hard these guys work in practice. I fully expect it to be a heck of battle in camp. Siemian will improve too. The guy that takes care of the ball has a huge advantage.
    Last edited by WYBRONCO; 05-18-2017 at 06:41 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    27,422
    Putting together a football team is a long process which begins months before the season opener. It is a process coaches and players share which prepares them for the season. When this process begins, the coaches aren't sure about each player. They may have suspicions and inclinations, but they respect the process and insist on it because that is the way the best possible team emerges from preseason.

    When it comes to any players the Denver Broncos have, including the QBs, why not sit back and enjoy the process? Imagine you are in the meeting room, locker room, training room and practice field. Imagine you are walking through the lines during cal, stretch and agilities. Think about what it is like to progress from position to skeleton to group to team O and D.

    This thread focuses on one QB. Before reading this, I was looking at the four UDFA Strong Safeties Denver signed wondering if any would make the roster and/or PS. There will be TC battles at all positions. The O-Line and D-Line will have some odd men out during this process. We are told the emphasis will be on developing toughness. My favorite day has always been the first day of full contact. I wish I could be on the field for the first day of full pads/full hitting. That's when you find out if the guys who looked good in shorts can play football.

    Denver has four good, young QBs.

    Enjoy the process.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Putting together a football team is a long process which begins months before the season opener. It is a process coaches and players share which prepares them for the season. When this process begins, the coaches aren't sure about each player. They may have suspicions and inclinations, but they respect the process and insist on it because that is the way the best possible team emerges from preseason.

    When it comes to any players the Denver Broncos have, including the QBs, why not sit back and enjoy the process? Imagine you are in the meeting room, locker room, training room and practice field. Imagine you are walking through the lines during cal, stretch and agilities. Think about what it is like to progress from position to skeleton to group to team O and D.

    This thread focuses on one QB. Before reading this, I was looking at the four UDFA Strong Safeties Denver signed wondering if any would make the roster and/or PS. There will be TC battles at all positions. The O-Line and D-Line will have some odd men out during this process. We are told the emphasis will be on developing toughness. My favorite day has always been the first day of full contact. I wish I could be on the field for the first day of full pads/full hitting. That's when you find out if the guys who looked good in shorts can play football.

    Denver has four good, young QBs.

    Enjoy the process.
    Great post!!! I am also looking forward to enjoying the process.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •