Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Lynch's Chances

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    and how do you know this...are you on the coaching staff?
    I know because I can predict the future some might call me a Wizard lol Not a Lizard lol. Ok on a real note I am sorry however TS will be the Starter and yes you can book it and take it to the Bank. Now the Year after Who Knows Maybe Chad Kelly will be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    I am sorry however Lynch has zero chance in beating out TS. Now it is a Great Problem to have that being Two Good QB's because we all know it is very hard to play the entire season without injury so the backup is expected to start sometime.
    I'm a trevor supporter, but both QB's are unproven. Neither is firmly established as the starter. Whichever of the two performs best in camp and preseason will be the starter, period. To say he has "zero chance" that's absurd. I love Trevor, but he's not Peyton Manning, he isn't so good he just wins by default, he's going to have to fight hard to win the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm a trevor supporter, but both QB's are unproven. Neither is firmly established as the starter. Whichever of the two performs best in camp and preseason will be the starter, period. To say he has "zero chance" that's absurd. I love Trevor, but he's not Peyton Manning, he isn't so good he just wins by default, he's going to have to fight hard to win the job.
    I am with you however I think his Body Of Work Last Year Throwing for 3,400 Yards and 18 TD's while yes his Rookie Year speaks volume. I believe that TS also studied PFM extensively. Also I am curious as to what PFM's numbers were during his Rookie Year ( 1st Year Starting )? John Elway's? Now I am not saying that TS is on that level however with hard work he can be.

I am with you however I think his Body Of Work Last Year Throwing for 3,400 Yards and 18 TD's while yes his Rookie Year speaks volume. I believe that TS also studied PFM extensively. Also I am curious as to what PFM's numbers were during his Rookie Year ( 1st Year Starting )? John Elway's? Now I am not saying that TS is on that level however with hard work he can be.
    oh my......

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    lol...you can tell all that by that?

lynch is bigger, faster, more athletic and has a arm capable of any throw on the field...he is not scared to challenge coverage and has the arm to zip it into coverage

in other words not trevor

he has a huge shot to be the starter
    Ohhhh la la!!! big and fast!

Sounds like you are sizing him up for date... Those things are nice, but they don't make a true gamer.

No man- It's not that I can tell by just a video clip posted recently...

The truth is, Lynch has shown us he consistently struggles with accuracy... that's not going to get fixed anytime soon.

Guess who else would have been bigger, faster, more athletic?

Brock Osweiler, Jay Cutler, Jamarcus Russel, Ryan Leaf....

There are a hundred of these guys that are big fast strong and "can make every throw"

What matters is game tape and moving the chains...

Last year, it was obvious TS was miles ahead of Lynch... This year, I am predicting it's going to be just the same thing...

Last edited by Zealander; 06-14-2017 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Especially when you got mad chad kelly bringing up the rear and applying heat to both competing starters (another year down the line).
    Glad my nickname is catching on
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

Elway 1983 , rookie, 11 games.123 comp. / 259 attempts, 7 TD's 14 Int's, 47 %, 2nd year better @15 games, 214 / 380, 18 TD's 15 Int's 56 %
    10 years later 1993, 16 games, 348 comp / 551 attempts, 25 TD's, 10 Int's, 63.2%

Peyton 1998, 16 games, 326 attempts, 575 attempts, 26 TD's 28 INT's, 56.7%. 2nd year, 16 games,331 / 533, 26 TD's, 15 INT's, 62%

Elway had a better running game, Peyton had to throw much more.

These are TOP players who went to the team with the best system for them. Our QB's are for real. Will they be in a elite class ? Time will tell but stats of others can be used as a guide, but there are many more variables including other team members, coaches, That fire in the gut.

I for one am looking forward to another successful season and hope we have a Elite QB for years to come. ( we always have Mr. Irrelavant )

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Sums it up perfectly Frey.
    Very Special Thank-You to Freyaka for such an extraordinary Sig!!!..... Formerly known as IAMRED

I hope both are outstanding, but when I read "Bigger, Faster, more athletic" I wonder how Brady and Manning survived the first round of cuts every year. Talk about guys lacking those traits. Command of the offense, period. That is what makes a good QB. But hey Kaepernick is still out there, doesn't get any faster or athletic than that.

Execution & Leadership, don't care if you are as big as Brees or as athletic as Manning...
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    I hope both are outstanding, but when I read "Bigger, Faster, more athletic" I wonder how Brady and Manning survived the first round of cuts every year. Talk about guys lacking those traits. Command of the offense, period. That is what makes a good QB. But hey Kaepernick is still out there, doesn't get any faster or athletic than that.

Execution & Leadership, don't care if you are as big as Brees or as athletic as Manning...
    I don't disagree with the idea that being a great qb is more than just having a big arm and athletic ability. But, to prove your point, you choose two of the greatest to ever play the game. That's pretty easy. You can choose people like John Elway and Aaron Rodgers to reinforce the idea of having big arms and being athletic helping as well.

So, let's just agree that there are multiple ways to be successful. Some use athleticism and big arms while some use the mind and absolute precision.

"More than one way to skin a cat" type of deal.

Good things being said about Lynch. We shall see what sticks through TC.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Elway 1983 , rookie, 11 games.123 comp. / 259 attempts, 7 TD's 14 Int's, 47 %, 2nd year better @15 games, 214 / 380, 18 TD's 15 Int's 56 %
    10 years later 1993, 16 games, 348 comp / 551 attempts, 25 TD's, 10 Int's, 63.2%

Peyton 1998, 16 games, 326 attempts, 575 attempts, 26 TD's 28 INT's, 56.7%. 2nd year, 16 games,331 / 533, 26 TD's, 15 INT's, 62%

Elway had a better running game, Peyton had to throw much more.

These are TOP players who went to the team with the best system for them. Our QB's are for real. Will they be in a elite class ? Time will tell but stats of others can be used as a guide, but there are many more variables including other team members, coaches, That fire in the gut.

I for one am looking forward to another successful season and hope we have a Elite QB for years to come. ( we always have Mr. Irrelavant )
    It is probably more interesting to compare Trevor to Ex Derek Carr and some of our own recent first year starters.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SiemTr00.htm (TREVOR)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...C/CarrDe02.htm (CARR)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitAl03.htm (ALEX SMITH)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...O/OsweBr00.htm (OSWEILER)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TeboTi00.htm (TEBOW)

Trevor's numbers are on par with Carr and Osweiler, fewer mistakes, higher completion rates, worse TD% and fewer big plays than Tebow, and worlds better than Alex Smith early.

Seing that Oz had similar stats but won substantially more than Carr, and comparing their standing now just shows that stats do not show the whole story. Trevor could become elite or the wheels can come off. I do however like what I see from TS more than I did Oz and PL.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    It is probably more interesting to compare Trevor to Ex Derek Carr and some of our own recent first year starters.

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SiemTr00.htm (TREVOR)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...C/CarrDe02.htm (CARR)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SmitAl03.htm (ALEX SMITH)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...O/OsweBr00.htm (OSWEILER)
    http://www.pro-football-reference.co...T/TeboTi00.htm (TEBOW)

Trevor's numbers are on par with Carr and Osweiler, fewer mistakes, higher completion rates, worse TD% and fewer big plays than Tebow, and worlds better than Alex Smith early.

Seing that Oz had similar stats but won substantially more than Carr, and comparing their standing now just shows that stats do not show the whole story. Trevor could become elite or the wheels can come off. I do however like what I see from TS more than I did Oz and PL.
    With so many and such significant changes at both end of the coaching spectrum, I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised. I'm of the Trevor is going to blow the league away persuasion but am also thrilled that Lynch is looking as good as he is. Win Win!
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    With so many and such significant changes at both end of the coaching spectrum, I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised. I'm of the Trevor is going to blow the league away persuasion but am also thrilled that Lynch is looking as good as he is. Win Win!
    I think it's going to be very difficult for VJ to announce the starting QB this year, as it appears both are doing well thus far.
    Then next year when Swag Kelly gets in the mix, possibly even this year, we will then have a 3 way race for the starting QB position, VJ will need to have his head on a swivel to watch all 3 going at it. lol
    Then we have to come to the realization that one of those 3 QBs will end up trade bait next year would be my guess, as I just can't see having 3 QBs on our 53 roster, as if you put Kelly on the PS for sure we will get snatched up.
    Sure am glad it's not me who will have to make that decision, and Elway probably is not looking forward to having make that decision also.
    Could you imagine trading away one of your QBs only to see them thrive on another team. O the pain it would bring. Haha

trevor reminds me of kyle orton, more then manning or Elway

and sadly that's probably his ceiling...average starter, great backup
    Last edited by arapaho; 06-15-2017 at 02:47 PM.