Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    I remember the team using Sambrailo as an in-line TE last season to create a "6-man OL". They just did not use it much.

What happened against the Raiders was very disappointing because they kept running the same play over and over and Wade did not adjust. If I'm not mistaken, a player from the Raiders said they ran the same play more than 10 times.

Overall, I believe teams just avoided Wolfe's side and went after the gap between Sly and Crick or the gap between Crick and Ray, which was the right side of the defense, where Todd Davis was playing ILB.
    Running with sly getting pushed 5 yards and avoiding out best run defender why would we be able to stop that with how bad Williams played last year. Jackson's talent really covered up Williams but crick was a step down and Williams got man handled taking the line didn't have to double Jackson and Wolfe they could. Really what needs to happen is better d-line play maybe a nose tackle that can take a double team and not give up ground

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Running with sly getting pushed 5 yards and avoiding out best run defender why would we be able to stop that with how bad Williams played last year.
    I'll have to watch that game again to see exactly what happened. Maybe Wade could have: 1) used Darius Kilgo more (he was still on the roster) and put a 4-man front with Kilgo and Sly inside instead of making Sly play nose against that o-line; 2) try a 4-3 "over" front to shift the LBs to the weak side; 3) put a safety in the box on the weak side and force Carr to throw.

Carr only threw for 184 yards with no touchdowns and the Raiders scored 30. Wade probably could have loaded that box or used 4 linemen instead of 3 to force the pass. The secondary and the pass rush are the strengths of our defense, so we should welcome the passing game. In 2015, we won a close game with Carr throwing a pick-six. The only think we can't allow is a team to win the game running the ball without any adjustment.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I'll have to watch that game again to see exactly what happened. Maybe Wade could have: 1) used Darius Kilgo more (he was still on the roster) and put a 4-man front with Kilgo and Sly inside instead of making Sly play nose against that o-line; 2) try a 4-3 "over" front to shift the LBs to the weak side; 3) put a safety in the box on the weak side and force Carr to throw.

Carr only threw for 184 yards with no touchdowns and the Raiders scored 30. Wade probably could have loaded that box or used 4 linemen instead of 3 to force the pass. The secondary and the pass rush are the strengths of our defense, so we should welcome the passing game. In 2015, we won a close game with Carr throwing a pick-six. The only think we can't allow is a team to win the game running the ball without any adjustment.
    I do not believe Kilgo was on the roster at that time...which was one of the first times as a fan I felts it really came back to biTE us....but hey one of those 10 WR'S or two LS's could've just hopped right in there...right?

Lol

I believe is that it came down to personell. Wade by that point was so handicapped on D that he simply didn't have the peopleasure to put in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    Running with sly getting pushed 5 yards and avoiding out best run defender why would we be able to stop that with how bad Williams played last year. Jackson's talent really covered up Williams but crick was a step down and Williams got man handled taking the line didn't have to double Jackson and Wolfe they could. Really what needs to happen is better d-line play maybe a nose tackle that can take a double team and not give up ground
    Todd Davis was also at fault, big time, because as an LB he should be going through his reads, he's either reading a back or a lineman, as soon as he saw the lineman going hard hats (making blocks immediately in a run set) he should have been going to his gap.

With Williams, at some point they should have told him to just start cutting his offensive lineman trying to block him, create a pile. It would have been more effective.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

I remember the team using Sambrailo as an in-line TE last season to create a "6-man OL". They just did not use it much.

What happened against the Raiders was very disappointing because they kept running the same play over and over and Wade did not adjust. If I'm not mistaken, a player from the Raiders said they ran the same play more than 10 times.

Overall, I believe teams just avoided Wolfe's side and went after the gap between Sly and Crick or the gap between Crick and Ray, which was the right side of the defense, where Todd Davis was playing ILB.
    Yep, looked like just inside zone. RB takes a track towards the outside hip of the guard, the C and G were double teaming the NT to the backers, and Denver failed to change anything to counter it. Although to be fair, I believe they did send a few safety blitzes and Ward missed multiple tackles in the backfield that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    Yep, looked like just inside zone. RB takes a track towards the outside hip of the guard, the C and G were double teaming the NT to the backers, and Denver failed to change anything to counter it. Although to be fair, I believe they did send a few safety blitzes and Ward missed multiple tackles in the backfield that game.
    Yes and no of memory serves I think they also used Sly as someone to interfere with Wolfe. I swear I remember them pushing Sly back in between Wolfe and his man then using a lineman to block Wolfe for the split second when the run went by....

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    Yes and no of memory serves I think they also used Sly as someone to interfere with Wolfe. I swear I remember them pushing Sly back in between Wolfe and his man then using a lineman to block Wolfe for the split second when the run went by....
    Wolfe and Williams were usually lined up on the same side, so I'm not sure that it would have been exactly as you describe it, because a run play with a kickout or down block on Wolfe would block Williams the other way. Could have just been they overpowered Williams enough to get him down into Wolfe. I remember 2 types of runs in that game, inside zone and a run to the offenses left where they would pull a backside lineman. This could have been what you're describing because it could have been Wolfe's lineman pulling which would cause the rest of the line to down block and push williams that way. And if Wolfe was trying to step across and follow his pulling lineman, it would be very much as you described it.