Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Hm. Where to start with this post. At the risk of sounding overly negative to some on this board, I'll agree and disagree with some of your points.

1. Right now there is no possible way anyone can say this O-line is better. This will be the first of many times I say this, but we just don't know anything about that unit yet. Bolles is a rookie and his best support is Garcia who was more likely than not supposed to cover right but couldn't do it, and Menelik is, I'm sorry, a bad player - and I'm sure will be heir to the Stephenson throne. That tells me if Garcia starts left our entire left side of the line is a giant question mark. We still don't know how Paradis will fare in a power scheme, or if he'll even be ready after his hip surgeries. No matter what, it will take time for this unit to gel and cohese and work together so there will likely be growing pains until we see strong production and push from this unit.

2. I certainly hope the D-line has improved. Earlier I was skeptical, but hearing of how Wolfe, Crick, and Gotsis have beefed up as well as Peko and Kerr's additions make me feel more at ease and that perhaps the run stopping really will be back this season. If not, we are in trouble because teams in the NFC and AFC East are notoriously strong rushing teams; Elliot and McCoy come to mind. Still a question mark, because we do not know the status of the interior. Adding names doesn't mean the line is better. It's just names until the plays happen.

3. Our QBs are simply inexperienced. Siemian may get the job done, but there's a chance he may hit the sophomore wall. The new system doesn't do him any specific favors either as it'll be starting over again in terms of learning the playbook and routes, etc. Similarly Paxton's two games starting just isn't enough imo to build off a successful season. Maybe he'll shine in McCoy's offense, but from what I hear not much has changed in terms of his footwork for the low and short passing game and other basic mechanics. What hasn't been said either is how all the splitting reps is hurting the chemistry with the future QB and his receivers. It's a necessary evil to find out who the best QB on the team is, but it will still affect the team farther down the road imo. My bias aside, I wouldn't put money on Paxton to start, and for Trevor to take us to the playoffs.

4. This I agree with. Our ST play can really only go up after last year's performance. Norwood gone is a huge blessing, and from reports McKenzie was an excellent draft pick and is already doing very well as the returner. My only concern is Brock Olivo being a first-time ST coach. He did learn from Dave Toub, but he doesn't have a Tyreek Hill to compare with. We'll have to see - another question mark.

5. Jamaal Charles is a huge question mark. He was a low risk high reward pick up. If you look at the contract given by the Broncos, it was massively incentive laden with very little risk to the cap. That's a strong indication that the Broncos don't much care if Charles flops, because there's a strong chance that could happen. He's had multiple injuries and two down seasons in a row - there's a reason no one except us picked him up in free agency. That being said, I'd love it to see him light up the field like his old days. I just don't know how possible that is behind this line.

6. That's how you beat any QB, that's not exclusive to New England. The problem with trying to beat a team with your secondary is that you have to make them pass. If they know they can just run every 2 plays or so for new downs because the line cannot close the gaps, then the offense forces the defense to become one-dimensional to stop the run, which likely re-opens their pass game. Looking back at last year's game vs NE, that is exactly how they won. Brady had fewer passing yards than Siemian if I'm not mistaken, but where the game was won was in the trenches and rushing yards. the TOP from the Patriots to Broncos was almost 2:1. That's the biggest need for improvement this year - the O line to open up a run game again and for the D-line to shut down the opposing team. If you can keep the ball on the field, there's a chance to win close games. If those things can happen, I think we have a chance at going to the Superbowl. Is that happening this year? I don't think so. Still far too many issues that I think anyone can confidently say from a logistical standpoint that we are SB contenders.
    1. I agree.

2. I agree

3. IN general some of what you stated I agree with but there are other statements I disagree with. For example. Our old scheme was VERY complex and I still maintain requires an unrealistic level of talent to execute properly at the NFL level. Changing our scheme to a simpler yet more effective one should only benefit the two QB's and in theory the team as a whole. We are also in a much better position now then were were when we entered the playoffs with Tebow. Both Lynch and Trevor are far more capable QB's mechanically and have both proven to be more reliable throwing the ball in a general sense.

4. Sure we have made ST moves and yes there is a risk of the "new guy" not panning out but we still have Raymond returning. He is VERY FAST and I for one would like to see him back again and competing. It would also be nice to see what he looks like with proper blocking.

5. Agree

6. Agree

Quote Originally Posted by worldsoutro View Post
    I wouldn't mind developing talent and getting a high draft pick for a few years
    I would, because that would mean we suck in the meantime.

I will never...NEVER...root for the Broncos to tank, or to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_C View Post
    1. I agree.

2. I agree

3. IN general some of what you stated I agree with but there are other statements I disagree with. For example. Our old scheme was VERY complex and I still maintain requires an unrealistic level of talent to execute properly at the NFL level. Changing our scheme to a simpler yet more effective one should only benefit the two QB's and in theory the team as a whole. We are also in a much better position now then were were when we entered the playoffs with Tebow. Both Lynch and Trevor are far more capable QB's mechanically and have both proven to be more reliable throwing the ball in a general sense.

4. Sure we have made ST moves and yes there is a risk of the "new guy" not panning out but we still have Raymond returning. He is VERY FAST and I for one would like to see him back again and competing. It would also be nice to see what he looks like with proper blocking.

5. Agree

6. Agree
    I agree with Kubiak needing high talent in all positions to succeed. Realistically though, all coaches need talent somewhere. Our lack of talent and some degree of stubbornness from Kubiak is what IMO made our offense one dimensional and predictable. I'd still be wary of saying Siemian or Lynch are better with a system change, at least until the pads come on. On paper McCoy's system should benefit both. I'd love for them to take a huge Brady-esque leap their second year, but its hard to say. Reports are that Siemian looks more or less the same while Lynch has improved but not enough to unseat Siemian. If true, then that would likely mean both QBs are still some ways away from playing average to above average.

I'm a fan of Raymond as well, but I think he's going to either end up as depth or on PS. His two fumbles last year likely hasn't earned him favors to earn the starter spot, and McKenzie and Henderson seem to be able to fill the returner role nicely. They're already a lock for a roster spot if I'm not mistaken. All of this speculation though on my end may mean nothing as nothing is certain until the pads come on.
    Last edited by TheAsianPA; 06-23-2017 at 09:06 AM.

I don't know. Right about now I'm looking back at the Head Coach search and I'm asking myself the Vance versus Baby Shanny question again. I am leaning towards Vance being the right option now that I have seen the coaching staff that they built. I have a feeling that McCoy and Musgrave will work together to create an effective passing Offense, more effective than last year's. I think that a more effective passing game is going to open up running lanes. If our O-Line can play even at a reasonably competent level then our O is going to be much, much better overall. Our D-Line appears to be healthier (and hopefully deeper) than last year. If both of our lines produce then we can compete with any team in the division, any team in the NFL really.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

To me, the VJ hire is nothing more than a extension of Elway, this is Elway's team make no mistake about it.

To me it's all about the long snapper position. This will make or break us....

Lol. I love these threads this time of year, right now everyone is a contender. It's what keeps a franchise in Cleveland and Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Humberg View Post
    To me it's all about the long snapper position. This will make or break us....

Lol. I love these threads this time of year, right now everyone is a contender. It's what keeps a franchise in Cleveland and Detroit.
    I can guarantee you that the majority of the jets fan base are fully aware they have no chance.