Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    But the cap hit is now spread out over 2 years, so you save money this year, but spend it next. Cutting Anderson saves $3 million with no cap hit. He'd be my choice if they were cutting someone to sign Decker.
    Cut Anderson? Not sure the Broncos are at that point just yet.

I have been critical of Anderson's inconsistency as much as anyone, but I think he still can and will contribute this year. He is a quality depth player that "if healthy" can be a impact starter. Don't see them cutting him.

Decker would be an interesting addition to the WR corps. Why label him #2 or #3? Does it matter. He just adds an quality player to the mix. Successful Red Zone experience is needed. No brainer if he can be signed to a reasonable contract. Sorry but if it comes down to Fowler, Taylor or Decker. My vote goes to Decker.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Cut Anderson? Not sure the Broncos are at that point just yet.

I have been critical of Anderson's inconsistency as much as anyone, but I think he still can and will contribute this year. He is a quality depth player that "if healthy" can be a impact starter. Don't see them cutting him.

Decker would be an interesting addition to the WR corps. Why label him #2 or #3? Does it matter. He just adds an quality player to the mix. Successful Red Zone experience is needed. No brainer if he can be signed to a reasonable contract. Sorry but if it comes down to Fowler, Taylor or Decker. My vote goes to Decker.
    Yup.

10 char
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

I don't think Decker would even consider coming back to Denver.....because of our QBs. Honestly, can you blame him? I think we'll have trouble bringing in FA WRs and TEs. I hope that one of our QBs develop into a great QB, but as a WR or TE, would you really risk playing in this offense that led the league in 3 and outs? I know we're all hopeful that our QBs and the offense line improve, but as a FA that likely isn't going to get a high level contract to be our #2 (moving Sanders in the slot) or #3 option, I don't see anyone risking their career on that move.

Not to mention I'd like to see what the young guys can do.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post
    Same here. Along with Orlando Franklin he's another Bronco I really hated to see leave
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I don't think Decker would even consider coming back to Denver.....because of our QBs.
    I think he would. He probably loves Denver and played with some average QBs except for Manning. Elway is the one that probably has no interest in bringing Decker back. However, I can see Mike McCoy at least letting Elway know he would like to have Decker on the roster.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I don't think Decker would even consider coming back to Denver.....because of our QBs. Honestly, can you blame him? I think we'll have trouble bringing in FA WRs and TEs. I hope that one of our QBs develop into a great QB, but as a WR or TE, would you really risk playing in this offense that led the league in 3 and outs? I know we're all hopeful that our QBs and the offense line improve, but as a FA that likely isn't going to get a high level contract to be our #2 (moving Sanders in the slot) or #3 option, I don't see anyone risking their career on that move.

Not to mention I'd like to see what the young guys can do.
    By the time we actually NEED to bring in a receiver again, we will have more clarity about what we have with these qbs anyway. Personally, I don't think that's for like 2 or 3 more years with our top two and the fact that I think Carlos is going to be a stud.

Decker just had hip surgery last month. Perhaps he'll be on the market long enough for the Broncos to get a couple of days into camp and seeing if they need some help?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-jets-fans/
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    It's a risky move. Decker is dependable (unless there is nothing but an open field between him and a TD) - couldn't resist.
    Reading peoples reactions here during that play was prettyyyyyy funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    We wouldn't have signed Sanders if he stayed.

As much as most of us, me included, liked Decker, letting him walk and signing Sanders was the right move over these past few years.

We have a ton of young guys to evaluate so it's unlikely we'll look at bringing him back at the moment but if we get hit with a major injury I'm sure he would be on the list of guys we would try to bring in.
    No doubt- Sanders is a straight baller,

I think he's better than BAY...

He's way tougher, that's for sure

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eph/102827058/

this better translate into team Decker wabts too much money for a return. If not IMO its strike 1 for Vance thinking Fowlers a better option

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...eph/102827058/

this better translate into team Decker wabts too much money for a return. If not IMO its strike 1 for Vance thinking Fowlers a better option
    Well we already have a lot of money invested in sanders/dt. What does fowler have to do with decker? By that logic just about every team should want decker since hes a pretty solid #2 and im sure hes better than everyones #5 reciever.

I dont think it would be wise to spend that much money on what would be our #3 receiver, especially when the team is excited about taylor and some rookies who are much more likely to see that position than fowler. Unless you mean you want Decker to be a backup....which im guessing hes not likely to agree to.

Well.... He's a titan now. Interested in the magic number he got for a 1 year deal.

At least, he's not a Patriot.

Yuck. So he's pretty much gone to play wherever his girlfriend / wife / whatever she is now has wanted to be since they got together.