Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Dan Marino was simply not wired to win in the playoffs. Some guys have it, some guys don't. I would put peyton in the latter category since he was mediocre in the playoffs.

As far as the military is concerned, I have great respect for our men and women in uniform (obviously you don't). I don't care if someone cheated to get in.
    you do realize Dan had no one around him literally his whole career, right? Like never one 1k rusher ever in Miami during Dan's years, O line always sucked hard. Defense only good a handful of seasons... Dan carried that team and never had anything around him except teh marks brothers for a couple years...
    GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by duhyaj View Post
    you do realize Dan had no one around him literally his whole career, right? Like never one 1k rusher ever in Miami during Dan's years, O line always sucked hard. Defense only good a handful of seasons... Dan carried that team and never had anything around him except teh marks brothers for a couple years...
    Dan had loads of talent around him his whole career.More than Elway right up until the last 3 years of Elways career.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    Dan Marino was simply not wired to win in the playoffs. Some guys have it, some guys don't. I would put peyton in the latter category since he was mediocre in the playoffs.

As far as the military is concerned, I have great respect for our men and women in uniform (obviously you don't). I don't care if someone cheated to get in.
    You would Put Peyton in that category because its what Pats fans do and have done for a long time. You think you can build Brady up by taring Manning down.Sorry Nobody "not wired to win in the playoffs" goes to 4 and wins 2 superbowls.

He is after all 3-1 vs Brady in the biggest playoff game they could possibly meet in so if he is in that later category does that make Brady his Prison GF?
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-15-2017 at 07:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

Peyton Manning - The greatest passer, arguably, and the greatest mind ever. He ended up with two rings with some pretty flawed teams - this is especially true in his Indy years.

Tom Brady - He had the luxury of getting to develop very slowly, and his early success would be negated if he had a worse kicker. I'm not sure/unsure how much of his legacy should/should not be sullied by the specter of cheating that surrounds him. Regardless, he did turn into a dominant passer, he's an all-time great playoff performer, and has adapted to many different styles of offense. While I find him to be grating as a person, and lacking in some areas as a passer, he is undeniably great.

Dan Marino - If Manning isn't the greatest passer ever then Marino sure is. Throwing for 48 TDs in his day would be like throwing 65 right now. He is damn near perfect as a talent, and he dominated teams. I don't care that he doesn't have a ring -- if he was on a better franchise he would have had several.

John Elway - If Marino is damn near perfect as a prospect, Elway is the completed work. HIs career stats, without context, are offputting to the less informed. However, he was always statistically viable as a passer, and carried teams. Had he received better coaching and been on a better team he would have hit just about every last record by the time he retired. He was great were most others could not even be good.

Honorable mentions to Brett Favre (won a SB, is a stat god, is an iron man, and his play encapsulates the 'spirit' of the game; Joe Montana was an above average passer in his day and never lost a SB; Warren Moon was robbed of so many chances and still is a worthy HoFer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardaddy View Post
    Peyton Manning - The greatest passer, arguably, and the greatest mind ever. He ended up with two rings with some pretty flawed teams - this is especially true in his Indy years.

Tom Brady - He had the luxury of getting to develop very slowly, and his early success would be negated if he had a worse kicker. I'm not sure/unsure how much of his legacy should/should not be sullied by the specter of cheating that surrounds him. Regardless, he did turn into a dominant passer, he's an all-time great playoff performer, and has adapted to many different styles of offense. While I find him to be grating as a person, and lacking in some areas as a passer, he is undeniably great.

Dan Marino - If Manning isn't the greatest passer ever then Marino sure is. Throwing for 48 TDs in his day would be like throwing 65 right now. He is damn near perfect as a talent, and he dominated teams. I don't care that he doesn't have a ring -- if he was on a better franchise he would have had several.

John Elway - If Marino is damn near perfect as a prospect, Elway is the completed work. HIs career stats, without context, are offputting to the less informed. However, he was always statistically viable as a passer, and carried teams. Had he received better coaching and been on a better team he would have hit just about every last record by the time he retired. He was great were most others could not even be good.

Honorable mentions to Brett Favre (won a SB, is a stat god, is an iron man, and his play encapsulates the 'spirit' of the game; Joe Montana was an above average passer in his day and never lost a SB; Warren Moon was robbed of so many chances and still is a worthy HoFer.
    Hey man, this is a great post. cps when off mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardaddy View Post

This is why Marino is in my top four and if he had a super bowl ring he may just be regarded as number 1. He had very little talent while some others like cough*brady*cough had everything.
    Its no contest guys like Marino had to suffer through garbage teams and poor coaching while still attaining great feats while other with silver spoons were set up to win by great coaching.

I have respect for Belichecks coaching ability but it's just too damn bad he cheated as as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    This is why Marino is in my top four and if he had a super bowl ring he may just be regarded as number 1. He had very little talent while some others like cough*brady*cough had everything.
    Its no contest guys like Marino had to suffer through garbage teams and poor coaching while still attaining great feats while other with silver spoons were set up to win by great coaching.

I have respect for Belichecks coaching ability but it's just too damn bad he cheated as as well.
    marion and manning cant run and they cant throw the deep ball. brady is mobile and he does everything and 5 super bowl rings say hes the best ever. coach bb out coached every team hes played in the super bowl even the giants. bad calls by the zebras lost thepatriost those games or else wed have 7

Im the wuh wuh water boy i got a wooden spoon

It would be Brady wearing his 5 superbowl rings. Montana wearing his 4. Bradshaw wearing his four. Aikman wearing his three rings.

No room for elway or manning on the big mountain, may we can find a small mountain to get them up on.

Quote Originally Posted by Three peat View Post
    It would be Brady wearing his 5 superbowl rings. Montana wearing his 4. Bradshaw wearing his four. Aikman wearing his three rings.

No room for elway or manning on the big mountain, may we can find a small mountain to get them up on.
    So just like Tammy Brady 12, you base everything on Super Bowl rings. OK I'll go with your logic and that would mean Trent dilfer, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson etc are all superior to the likes of Dan Marino, Jim Kelly and Warren Moon! Gotcha

by the way Brad Johnson admitted to paying people to alter the footballs in the Super Bowl against the Oakland Raiders but that would not make a difference here with it, I mean being that you support cheaters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    So just like Tammy Brady 12, you base everything on Super Bowl rings. OK I'll go with your logic and that would mean Trent dilfer, Doug Williams, Brad Johnson etc are all superior to the likes of Dan Marino, Jim Kelly and Warren Moon! Gotcha

by the way Brad Johnson admitted to paying people to alter the footballs in the Super Bowl against the Oakland Raiders but that would not make a difference here with it, I mean being that you support cheaters.
    I think it's funny that the Patsies can't let others feel the way the feel without crying. #sad
    Adopted Bronco: DeMarcus Ware

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy the Tank View Post
    marion and manning cant run and they cant throw the deep ball. brady is mobile and he does everything and 5 super bowl rings say hes the best ever. coach bb out coached every team hes played in the super bowl even the giants. bad calls by the zebras lost thepatriost those games or else wed have 7
    Uh Brady is not mobile and without Josh McD or any other offensive coordinator, Brady would not have the come from behind victories that he has had throughout his career, now that is one thing that separates Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

You see tiimmmah, Peyton Manning has a great football mind and he was his own offensive coordinator on the field, even though he had one in his headset, he was still calling the plays and deciphering NFL defenses. Do you think Tom Brady can do that? I don't.

Yes Tom Brady has a great arm strength and accuracy but that is only 45% of what it takes to be a great NFL quarterback. No I'm not saying that's what it takes to be a successful NFL quarterback because obviously he has the offensive coordinator's to make up for the areas of his own lacking.

However he does not have the mind that PFM or Dan Marino had. They had the atm strength, the accuracy and the football mind. Those guys carried teams on their back for crying out loud and Peyton Manning went to for super bowls under four different NFL coaching regimes, we've never had the chance to see how well Tom Brady would do in a different system under a completely different coaching staff but I'm sure his record would not be what it is today if he had to do such.

The guy has been blessed with consistency and a great coaching staff around him all these years and like I stated above I wouldn't have any problem respecting them if they had done it without cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    I think it's funny that the Patsies can't let others feel the way the feel without crying. #sad
    the crowd around here does not know greatness so you could never feel like we feel and coach bb never cheated he was targeted out of jealousy by other owner for his brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy the Tank View Post
    the crowd around here does not know greatness so you could never feel like we feel and coach bb never cheated he was targeted out of jealousy by other owner for his brilliance.
    We have John Elway and Peyton Manning as our QB's. We understand greatness just fine, sir. Don't you ever come at the throne, young man!

What's with these brand new posters jumping into smack as if they've always been here? I mean welcome, by all means, it's just first endaround now this wardaddy dude. It's like "is this a brand new poster, or just someone's alternate"

I dunno. Welcome to the boards Wardaddy.