Nixon Waived Harris Signed

Denver Broncos‏Verified account
    @Broncos

We've signed CB Chris Lewis-Harris and waived CB Taurean Nixon.

http://www.denverpost.com/2017/06/14...rnerback-swap/
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 06-14-2017 at 09:14 AM.

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

I saw waived and chris harris, and I saw red.

Anyone know if there's any additional circumstances to this? Nixon had a pick six off a Paxton Lynch throw yesterday, so it's strange to hear he's been cut in favour of a guy who's been in the league for 6 years with zero starts.

Yea, I thought it was odd as well. From what I've been hearing, he's been doing well. It must have something to do with an off-the-field issue that is going to come up sooner rather than later.
    Mark my words, Trevor Siemian will be much improved after this offseason and will remain the Broncos QB1 in 2017. - Dec '16

I agree it seems odd. Curious about the reasoning for letting Nixon go.

On the flip side, Lewis -Harris played two years with Joseph as his DB coach. Joseph likely knows him pretty well.

Anybody know if Nixon has Practice Squad eligibility?
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Strange, must be more to the story

NIXON AT A GLANCE:
    • A third-year Cornerback who spent the entire 2015 regular season and the AFC Divisional Round competing on Denver’s practice squad before being signed to the active roster prior to the AFC Championship Game.
    • Started 21-of-38 games in his collegiate career at Tulane University and the University of Memphis, totaling 92 tackles (71 solo), two interceptions, nine passes defensed, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery.
    • Selected by the Broncos in the seventh round (251st overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft.

CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Denver as a draft choice 5/15/15; Waived by Denver 9/5/15; Signed by Denver (practice squad) 9/7/15; Signed by Denver (active roster) 1/19/16.

2015: Selected by the Broncos in the seventh round (251st overall) of the 2015 NFL Draft, Nixon spent the regular season of his rookie year on the team’s practice squad before being added to the active roster on Jan. 19... Inactive for Denver’s AFC Championship Game vs. N.E. (1/24) and Super Bowl 50 victory vs. Car. (2/7)

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/ro...-574b7238da95/
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

So he has only been active for two weeks and didn't play in any games? Am I reading that correctly?
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    So he has only been active for two weeks and didn't play in any games? Am I reading that correctly?
    That may well have been what was written by I could have sworn he played ST as a minimum. The other role which he either never earned or was never given the opportunity was as either a gunner or even a returner. He did return kicks for a brief period in college if I remember correctly. He does have 4.3 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    He's played in 33 games total, he's started 2 I believe (could be wrong). He's a special teams player, he's essentially the new Kayvon Webster.

*edit* nevermind, I think you were talking about Nixon not Chris Harris #2