Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Deja Vu?

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Sadly the Plummer vs Cutler debacle was more about Shanahan's slow fall from grace. Hard to tell what was happening behind the scenes but there was a lot of frustration between JP and Shanny. Then Mike swooned over Cutler's arm and the rest is history. Problem was Cutler had no heart and the revolving door at OC didn't help. Actually it was Mike's swan song.

This competition reminds me more of the Brian Griese years where he was kind of the best of the what we had.

I'm not saying either one of our current QB's can't be great, as always I'm super optimistic. Feeling much better about supporting cast and coaches right now.
    It's crazy but thinking back to the Mike Shanahan era in the mid two thousands, one can appreciate how much better the team is ran today under John Elway than it was under Mike Shanahan.

John seems to be really good at evaluating talent especially on the defensive side of the ball and what we have now is something special. Not to discredit Mike Shanahan but it seemed like he thought he could just plug any football player in there and make them into something special and that's how we ended up with so many draft bust.

Thinking back to it now, it was actually pretty dark time for the Broncos.

Not the Broncos, but the situation does remind me a little of Brees and Rivers. Brees, the less physically gifted QB, had some struggles his first couple years. Chargers draft Rivers and things then clicked for Brees, and we all know how the story played out.

I wonder if TS had played a year and did what he did, do we still draft Lynch? Who knows, but this very well could be a situation where both guys have successful careers. Maybe not the same level of success, but I can see both guys starting and winning games in this league. Which will be doing it for the Broncos? My guess is it will be Lynch by 2018, but TS this year.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Thinking back to it now, it was actually pretty dark time for the Broncos.
    Ya...my main memory from those years was being destroyed by Peyton and the Colts over and over...'02, '04, '05, '07, man I hated seeing us play in that dome
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Ya...my main memory from those years was being destroyed by Peyton and the Colts over and over...'02, '04, '05, '07, man I hated seeing us play in that dome
    That was always painful, BUT,,, I remember I horrible game in the dome before PFM, I think it was Halloween, and Denver was playing The Colts with Eric Dickerson and they Pummeled our guys, and they put up a 50 🍔 on us. Eric Dickerson played great.

Bubby Brister and Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by skate_d3 View Post
    Bubby Brister and Brian Griese
    That's the comparison I've been waiting for somebody to point out. Griese more like Simeon in a somewhat limited abilities but a good football mind while Lynch is somewhat like Bubby Brister. He can run, he can throw, He can do all kinds of things but you never know what the heck is going to happen. LOL

That's the comparison I've been waiting for somebody to point out. Griese more like Simeon in a somewhat limited abilities but a good football mind while Lynch is somewhat like Bubby Brister. He can run, he can throw, He can do all kinds of things but you never know what the heck is going to happen. LOL
    Right but Lynch is not that unpredictable. He threw very few picks yet didn't have a ton of production. He is also just entering into his 2nd year in the league and is now joining forces with an OC who truly adapts an offense to beat for his QB

How about Marlin Briscoe, Steve Tensi and Pete Liske?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by capt. Jack View Post
    That was always painful, BUT,,, I remember I horrible game in the dome before PFM, I think it was Halloween, and Denver was playing The Colts with Eric Dickerson and they Pummeled our guys, and they put up a 50 �� on us. Eric Dickerson played great.
    Must be this one? Ugly

10/31/1988 Indianapolis Colts Denver Broncos H Hoosier Dome (Indianapolis, IN) W 55-23
    "There is no plan B. Plan A is to win the Super Bowl" - John Elway
    PLAN A ACCOMPLISHED 2/7/16!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis.1960 View Post
    Must be this one? Ugly

10/31/1988 Indianapolis Colts Denver Broncos H Hoosier Dome (Indianapolis, IN) W 55-23
    Thats the one!

The Colts set Records that night.

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Fellow Denver Broncos fans,

I'm curious, does this current QB competition remind you of any past QB competitions for the Denver Broncos? I think it's important to note, I'm not reaching out to debate whether Paxton or Siemian is better suited to take snaps under center for this upcoming season. I'm genuinely reaching out to my fellow fans to enlighten me about past QB competitions that this current competition reminds them of. Let's reminiscence Broncos fans. Thanks in advance for everyone's replies.

-justabroncosfan
    It reminds me of Kyle Orton and Chris Simms until proven other wise

While I understand what you're getting at with the two, but I don't think Siemian is limited in abilities at all (deep ball, scrambling, throwing on the run) and last season proved that.
    I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    While I understand what you're getting at with the two, but I don't think Siemian is limited in abilities at all (deep ball, scrambling, throwing on the run) and last season proved that.
    He failed to scramble in MANY instances where he should have. While he did throw some good deep balls they were not the bombs we can or have seen from some of the stronger armed QB's. HE did show some ability to throw on the run. There were also these very odd mental walls which he hit where he'd completely miss wide open throws and then on some other plays he'd thread the ball in without issue....

Quote Originally Posted by justabroncosfan View Post
    Fellow Denver Broncos fans,

I'm curious, does this current QB competition remind you of any past QB competitions for the Denver Broncos? I think it's important to note, I'm not reaching out to debate whether Paxton or Siemian is better suited to take snaps under center for this upcoming season. I'm genuinely reaching out to my fellow fans to enlighten me about past QB competitions that this current competition reminds them of. Let's reminiscence Broncos fans. Thanks in advance for everyone's replies.

-justabroncosfan
    Food for thought:
    I cannot help but think about the different and more beneficial
    direction DEN could have gone.

57 Broncos Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State
    Wasted pick due to: Manning, Hou's $ debacle, etc.

Monday Morning QB...
    58 Buccaneers Lavonte David LB Nebraska
    75 Seahawks Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin
    92 Colts T.Y. Hilton WR Florida International

26 Broncos Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
    Potential wasted pick due to: couldn't beat out T. Siemian in Y1, Y2?

Monday Morning QB...
    32 Browns Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma State
    52 Falcons Deion Jones LB LSU
    135 Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott QB Mississippi State

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Food for thought:
    I cannot help but think about the different and more beneficial
    direction DEN could have gone.

57 Broncos Brock Osweiler QB Arizona State
    Wasted pick due to: Manning, Hou's $ debacle, etc.

Monday Morning QB...
    58 Buccaneers Lavonte David LB Nebraska
    75 Seahawks Russell Wilson QB Wisconsin
    92 Colts T.Y. Hilton WR Florida International

26 Broncos Paxton Lynch QB Memphis
    Potential wasted pick due to: couldn't beat out T. Siemian in Y1, Y2?

Monday Morning QB...
    32 Browns Emmanuel Ogbah DE Oklahoma State
    52 Falcons Deion Jones LB LSU
    135 Dallas Cowboys Dak Prescott QB Mississippi State
    Brock served a purpose for us and while the timing was not ideal IMO it worked out for us as a team. I do not think R.Wilson would have been the same player here as he is now is in SEA.

DAK vs. LYNCH is way to early to tell. First off we don't know if Dak can sustain his success for multiple years. Lynch was always deemed a raw talent coming from colege. So far though id have to say it is clear Lynch has put in the work needed to improve. So i will be curious if by the end of this season (depending on play of course) if your comments there remain the same.