Who owns the Broncos???

Just got this off of KFFL.com "hot off the wire" Interesting...
    The Associated Press reports a federal appeals court Wednesday, March 8, heard arguments over an ownership dispute of the Denver Broncos. Former owner Edward Kaiser Jr. is seeking to buy back a portion of the franchise under the terms of a 1998 offer to former NFL QB John Elway. Keiser has said that current owner Pat Bowlen has violated a provision in a sales contract that would have allowed Kaiser the right of first refusal when it comes to selling a portion of the team. Attorneys for Bowlen argued Wednesday that Elway was only offered corporate stock in the team.

Edward Kaiser Jr sees the success the Broncos are and now wants in on the cash cow. Screw him.

Quote Originally Posted by cadencesdad
    Just got this off of KFFL.com "hot off the wire" Interesting...
    The Associated Press reports a federal appeals court Wednesday, March 8, heard arguments over an ownership dispute of the Denver Broncos. Former owner Edward Kaiser Jr. is seeking to buy back a portion of the franchise under the terms of a 1998 offer to former NFL QB John Elway. Keiser has said that current owner Pat Bowlen has violated a provision in a sales contract that would have allowed Kaiser the right of first refusal when it comes to selling a portion of the team. Attorneys for Bowlen argued Wednesday that Elway was only offered corporate stock in the team.

Did this is such old news, I cant believe that its still posted unless Kaiser is starting his **** again.
    But as far as I know, Edward was awarded a very small portion of the team, so yeah he owns a little bit but not much.
    And yes if Bowlen were to sell Kaiser would have first say in who he would like to own the Denver Broncos.

If I remember correctly, what John Elway was offered was part of negotiations where he kept lowering his salary so the Broncos could sign players. And, I think this has been on-going with Kaiser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam24
    Did this is such old news, I cant believe that its still posted unless Kaiser is starting his **** again.
    But as far as I know, Edward was awarded a very small portion of the team, so yeah he owns a little bit but not much.
    And yes if Bowlen were to sell Kaiser would have first say in who he would like to own the Denver Broncos.
    Sorry if its a repetitive thread, I hadn't heard anything about it ( I live in Utah) but I just read it on the "hot off the press" segment of KFFL.com, so I figured it was new news.

EK sold the team to Pat and family. Was supposedly given first right of refusal if he was going to resell the team.

Pat sold some stock to Elway at one point of time for what reason I can't remember. EK found out about it last year some time and sued Pat for the shares he missed out on , the lower court ruled for EK to get the shares.

Pat is appealing the lower court ruling.

Red face Does Elway own the Broncos?

Just wanted to share the link:

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/DEN/9292981

We're going back to court.
    Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

heh interesting