Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchBailey2447
    I usta be a big rap fan until all the fake rappers came around like 50 cent and that, then somehow i got turned on to country, i mainly listen to johnny cash, willie nelson, merle haggard, bob dylan(folk/country)the highway men, i must say country is where its at, ever since i listened to country ive noticed my self mature and calm down a bit... But has anyone bought willie nelsons new album?
    Wow. That is quite the turnaround

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Snake Fan
    --- Hank Williams
    --- Marty Robbins
    --- Johnny Cash
    --- Merle Haggard
    --- Waylon Jennings

---

Wow.. You like the old stuff... I like these guys too, but obviously we don't hear much of them on the radio anymore. However....our local station plays these guys "after hours" when I am driving home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Invesco
    Little River Band.
    The LRB is not considered country. I loved this band and their music and have their greatest hit CD.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx
    Sorry but a bbq stain on my white t-shirt song doesn't do it for me
    Great song from Tim!! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    I listened to country a lot when I was growing up. But it has changed too much so I stopped listening to it.

I like: Chris LeDoux, George Strait, Mark Chesnutt, Kenny Chesney, Alabama, Conway Twitty, Diamond Rio, Tracy Byrd, Dan Seals, Paul Overstreet. I am sure that there are more...especially older singers, but I can't think of them off hand.
    Um... You say you stopped listening because it changed so much. Because it is more upbeat and a "rock" beat anymore? Cuz most of the guys you listed there are still being played.

Quote Originally Posted by KCLadyFan
    2 of my favorite female and male country singers are....

Shania Twain and Wynonna Judd......

Alan Jackson and Vince Gill....
    and OMG HOW could I forget Shania. I have the DVD from Chicago to kick of the "UP" tour. And DAMN! She is a favorite. I am embarrassed I forgot that sexy thing. LOL. And Wynonna also a great plug. I saw her and Mom as The Judds in Vegas. BLEW ME AWAY! Also saw her solo. Wynonna is definately a fav as well. More to come....

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    Waylon Jennings
    Johnny Cash
    Willie Nelson
    Dixie Chicks
    Vince Gill
    Patty Loveless
    Clint Black
    Randy Travis

The Band (I put them here, although they aren't really country and they aren't really rock, and they aren't really folk, and they aren't really blues. They are Americana....which is odd, since they are 4/5 Canadian. Anyway, The Band is more like the country from that era than anything else).
    The Band was considered more rock that I remembered. And Also glad you mentioned Randy Travis. Great guy. Also noticed you mentioned the Chicks. GLAD to know OTHERS still listen to them. Political outspokeness should not ban you from radio. F the producers of radio stations that will STILL not play them. Geezus. Give it a rest.

Quote Originally Posted by tpryce93
    country has gotten so far from it's roots its not even funny. most of it nowadays sounds like the pop/rock stuff.
    How so? The "roots" of country is singing about losing your wife, your dog, your house. We are still there. Heartbreak, love and sadness are still are part of country music.... Yes.... it has a more "upbeat, rock sound" but the WORDS and LYRICS are going with the true nature of the "type" of music.

I am going to start another entry
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 03-22-2006 at 04:18 AM.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Let's Talk About Country Music Videos As Well.

And Guys.....

Have you seen the Trace Atkins - ***** Tonk Bodankadonk Video????

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69
    Um... You say you stopped listening because it changed so much. Because it is more upbeat and a "rock" beat anymore? Cuz most of the guys you listed there are still being played.
    I still listen to the CD's that I have of those guys. And look for anything new that they have put out. I just don't like much of what is being put off as country today. I listen to the CD's that I have and every once in a while I will turn on a country station (but that is rare).
    Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

The Band was considered more rock that I remembered. And Also glad you mentioned Randy Travis. Great guy. Also noticed you mentioned the Chicks. GLAD to know OTHERS still listen to them. Political outspokeness should not ban you from radio. F the producers of radio stations that will STILL not play them. Geezus. Give it a rest.
    I have worked at 3 country stations, and I have never had a listener complain about it.

I mean, I read about programmers who won't play them, but they are in podunk markets where they are the big fish, so they have the most to lose if their listeners are complaining.

And ultimately, if your listeners are complaining, you should pay attention. So, you can't say it's all the programmers.

Anyway, I think it's funny that people say the Chicks aren't really country because of how they dress, yet they have dobros, fiddles, and banjos right up front in the mix. And they play the instruments themselves. But somehow, someone like Patty Loveless and Reba are 'real country' by comparison, when really they are just 70's pop rock with a twang.

I am not a country die hard, so I just don't get my listeners sometimes.

And like I said about The Band, I don't know what they are. They are rock, but not like the rock of the era (Neil Young, CS&N, Santana, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, etc). They are just a totally distinctive sounding (and influential) band.
    Last edited by Jared; 03-22-2006 at 12:44 PM.

I am a die-hard rock and roller, as my age will tell anyone, but I started listening to country in 1986 when I met my husband. I really enjoy it, even after 20 years, but I gotta listen to my favorite rock about 50 percent of the time. And trust me, when I play my AC/DC, I practically make my hubby's ears bleed, lol. Our son is the only one who doesn't mind how loud I crank it, ha.

Toby Keith is my absolute favorite country performer, saw him in concert twice in 2001. The first time was the Saturday night before 9/11, when we all thought things were normal , but the 2nd one was in the beginning of October, and we got to hear live versions of Courtesy of the RW&B, and the Taliban song, long before they were actually recorded and released. They were both awesome concerts!

The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is at the very top of my list too, but not everyone considers them country. We saw them live during their 30th anniverary tour in a very small venue, couldn't have been better!

There are lots of others I like too, but very few are pre-1986 artists, hard to shake those rock roots!
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
    I'm a McCaffrey Gal, [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [IMG]http://cactusroseranch.tripod.com/ladybronco87sig1.JPG[/IMG]
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]and now I've Been Lynched![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]A desert sunset as seen from my front door.[/COLOR]

I grew up on country and still listen to it. Knew everything from Tammy Wynette, Lynn Anderson, Hank Snow and the like . . . . through Barbara Mandrell, Kenny Rogers, Alabama . . . . on to Dixie Chicks, Patty Loveless, Garth, Reba, Trisha Yearwood, Diamond Rio, George Strait, and now even the new stuff although maybe not quite as much. I really like just about all kinds of music (not gansta rap) but otherwise....

Country has changed but no more or less than Rock and Roll has. Just progressed in it's sound. A lot of the 'rock' bands I listened to in the 70's probably would have been considered country if they came out today (Bread, Seals and Crofts, and possibly even the Eagles-hard to say).

In regard to the Dixie chicks, I'm glad to see that some people out there still respect the right of everyone to have Freedom of Speech. They spoke their mind, that's it. I think some radio stations just overreacted
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkOrange]Yep, It's a party [/COLOR] [/FONT]

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4872/elwayhit4mt.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/3606/7fan3027vc.jpg[/IMG][/URL][B]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]Sigs by me[/COLOR][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by LDB
    I still listen to the CD's that I have of those guys. And look for anything new that they have put out. I just don't like much of what is being put off as country today. I listen to the CD's that I have and every once in a while I will turn on a country station (but that is rare).
    I know a guy that may appeal to you. Brad Paisley. Great traditional type artist and I really love his funny song Celebrity. But overall, his sound is much older. I have a few of his CD's and simply love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared
    I have worked at 3 country stations, and I have never had a listener complain about it.

I mean, I read about programmers who won't play them, but they are in podunk markets where they are the big fish, so they have the most to lose if their listeners are complaining.

And ultimately, if your listeners are complaining, you should pay attention. So, you can't say it's all the programmers.

Anyway, I think it's funny that people say the Chicks aren't really country because of how they dress, yet they have dobros, fiddles, and banjos right up front in the mix. And they play the instruments themselves. But somehow, someone like Patty Loveless and Reba are 'real country' by comparison, when really they are just 70's pop rock with a twang.

I am not a country die hard, so I just don't get my listeners sometimes.
    Point taken. But our local market as we discussed in the AI thread, is small. The fact we are in southern Utah may have something to do with it. Here in Cedar City, our radio is from St. George which is 50 miles south of us. Our town is just too small to have it's own.

When the Chicks went out on tour here in the states after Natalie's comments in France, they made a big deal on the news about how people were still smashing their CD's and returning their concert tickets. I can't remember where I heard this, but for every 100 tickets returned 400 people wanted to buy them.

It down right pisses me off that a few complainers can out number those of us that want them played on our radio. I have never understand that. A few vocal activists can influence beyond comprehesion. The sad fact is people like me don't call enough or complain enough about the other side of the coin thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ladybronco87
    I am a die-hard rock and roller, as my age will tell anyone, but I started listening to country in 1986 when I met my husband. I really enjoy it, even after 20 years, but I gotta listen to my favorite rock about 50 percent of the time. And trust me, when I play my AC/DC, I practically make my hubby's ears bleed, lol. Our son is the only one who doesn't mind how loud I crank it, ha.

Toby Keith is my absolute favorite country performer, saw him in concert twice in 2001. The first time was the Saturday night before 9/11, when we all thought things were normal , but the 2nd one was in the beginning of October, and we got to hear live versions of Courtesy of the RW&B, and the Taliban song, long before they were actually recorded and released. They were both awesome concerts!

The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band is at the very top of my list too, but not everyone considers them country. We saw them live during their 30th anniverary tour in a very small venue, couldn't have been better!

There are lots of others I like too, but very few are pre-1986 artists, hard to shake those rock roots!
    You and I are a lot alike. I listen and love the country music, but find I go to the classic rock channel when I want to ROCK! Mainly depends on my mood I guess.

Our classic rock channel here is called The Hawk and it is the best I have heard in a very long time. And I am referencing 103.5 the Fox in Denver and KKLZ in Las Vegas. Last 25 years for classic rock those were the two choices I had before moving here. But our local station will play tracks from albums that you NEVER hear on those big market stations. Example. If they want to play STYX... we may hear The Crystal Ball instead of Come Sail Away everytime. REO Speedwagon's In Your Letter rather than Riding The Storm Out everytime. Ted Nugent's Stranglehold (a personal favorite) rather than Cat Scratch Fever everytime.... you get the idea. They know the meaning of VARIETY and this station is down right kick ass. They will play a band like The Babies that I never heard in Vegas. I could go on and on about praising this station but wrong thread.

You and I are a lot alike. I listen and love the country music, but find I go to the classic rock channel when I want to ROCK! Mainly depends on my mood I guess.

Our classic rock channel here is called The Hawk and it is the best I have heard in a very long time.
    Yep, I was guessing that our ages were close enough to relate!

Our classic rock station is called The Eagle, lol. Been without one for a long time until the Eagle came. Great station but could be way better, way too traditional, the opposite of yours. Still happy to have it though! I know virtually nothing about rock after 1990, tried to do your 75 band pic thread, but mine were either taken, or I was clueless.

In order to stay with the thread, here are my other fave country artists:
    in no particular order,
    Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Chris LeDoux, Clint Black, George Strait, Travis Tritt, Brooks & Dunn, Trace Adkins, Reba Mac, Martina Mac, Dixie Chicks (my blond haired, blue eye'd dog is named for them, lol) Tanya Tucker, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, early Garth Brooks, Montgomery Gentry, the Judds, and on and on.
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
    I'm a McCaffrey Gal, [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [IMG]http://cactusroseranch.tripod.com/ladybronco87sig1.JPG[/IMG]
    [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]and now I've Been Lynched![/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=DarkOrange]A desert sunset as seen from my front door.[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ladybronco87
    Yep, I was guessing that our ages were close enough to relate!

Our classic rock station is called The Eagle, lol. Been without one for a long time until the Eagle came. Great station but could be way better, way too traditional, the opposite of yours. Still happy to have it though! I know virtually nothing about rock after 1990, tried to do your 75 band pic thread, but mine were either taken, or I was clueless.

In order to stay with the thread, here are my other fave country artists:
    in no particular order,
    Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Chris LeDoux, Clint Black, George Strait, Travis Tritt, Brooks & Dunn, Trace Adkins, Reba Mac, Martina Mac, Dixie Chicks (my blond haired, blue eye'd dog is named for them, lol) Tanya Tucker, Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, early Garth Brooks, Montgomery Gentry, the Judds, and on and on.
    Sssshhh. Let's not give our ages away.

Your list is great and I have CD's from all of those additions. Other artists in the collection include Aaron Tippon, BlackHawk (really a fav I forgot) Sammy Kershaw, Pam Tillis, Vince Gill, Tracy Laurence, Tracy Bryd (love his funny songs) and I even have Patsy Cline, Dolly Parton, Kenny Rogers, Allison Kraus and Union Station and some Hank. My list could go on as well.

EDIT: BTW: I forgot to mention that the 75 band thread was not mine. I just had a lot of fun with it. TDK got mad at me for being too excited with it and double posting.

Bumping this old thread.

We just got our tickets for Craig Morgan who is going to play here in Cedar City this Friday night. He has several radio hits but his latest is pretty cool "International Harvester"

Hogging up the road in my pa-pa-pa-pa plower..

Chugalugalug 5 miles an hour...

LOL.

calibroncogrl47 Guest
    I enjoy all types of music.. but country is one of my favs.

I love Rascal Flatts, Martina, Sara Evans, Josh Turner, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Taylor Swift... well the list goes on and on

My Fav song right now is

"Just got started loving you" by James Otto

I like Heavy/Punk/Rock but I as well like all forms of music...!!!!

This is my favorite country song and one of my all time favorite songs in general....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua3YzTLGDW4

I dont know alot about New country

I sure do like this song ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJpmYApfBIo

I sure do understand where they are coming from..

I love this song by Josh Turner
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sApH8VtWFI

I cant get enough of this...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7qH3Aj_GOM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qisbePVDiuE
    Last edited by LarryDean; 04-22-2008 at 03:08 PM.

The only country I listen to is Hank Williams III.

Country music IMO, is terrible. I somehow got turned on to III because I'm a fan of some of his other projects such as Superjoint Ritual and Arson Anthem.