Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    We are starting to get stoked about tonight's concert.

We don't get many shows here in our little town so having Craig Morgan has a lot of interest.

I really like The Redneck Yaught Club song.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Craig Morgan is such a cool guy!! Ladies loved him.

The opening act was called Due West.

These guys were actually pretty good. He kinda looks like a young Tom Petty.

Their sound was great but when Craig came out. Something happened. It was all bass and his voice was muffled. Couldn't hear the lead guitar at all.

He actually stopped his 3rd song in and complained. I give him major kudos for that.

He kept grabbing/moving/pushing on his ear piece because the sound did not improve.

He made the best of it and the crowd knew it. We all responded sarcastically after a song finally sounded good. That response came after he made a comment about it.

They did an introduce solo segment and the lead guitar was actually off. Meaning no power. Nothing. Unbelievable. It finally came on and I thought that was embarrassing on somebody's part.

I felt bad for them. Mumbling throughout the exit doors. But not towards him. The show itself was good considering. But I think somebody gets fired today.

calibroncogrl47 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    Craig Morgan is such a cool guy!! Ladies loved him.

The opening act was called Due West.

These guys were actually pretty good. He kinda looks like a young Tom Petty.

Their sound was great but when Craig came out. Something happened. It was all bass and his voice was muffled. Couldn't hear the lead guitar at all.

He actually stopped his 3rd song in and complained. I give him major kudos for that.

He kept grabbing/moving/pushing on his ear piece because the sound did not improve.

He made the best of it and the crowd knew it. We all responded sarcastically after a song finally sounded good. That response came after he made a comment about it.

They did an introduce solo segment and the lead guitar was actually off. Meaning no power. Nothing. Unbelievable. It finally came on and I thought that was embarrassing on somebody's part.

I felt bad for them. Mumbling throughout the exit doors. But not towards him. The show itself was good considering. But I think somebody gets fired today.
    Your right someone is jobless for sure

Sounds like it was still a good time though!

Glad you had a good time, BM_69.

Too bad about the sound. That must have been so annoying.

I love country music (I also like rap, rock, R&B and contemporary Christian).

Martina
    Patsy Cline
    Johnny Cash
    Big and Rich
    Toby Keith
    Josh Turner
    Colin Raye
    Trace Adkins
    Montgomery Gentry
    Administrator

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Yeah, we had a good time considering.

Craig is working a new CD and he tried one of his new songs out on us.

This will be a big hit for him. It's called "Ordinary Angels" I think the CD doesn't come out until fall.

On June 12th, we get another star in town. Collin Raye will be here performing for the opening ceremonies of the Utah Summer Games. It is quite the event and the fireworks show they do every year is amazing. Blows the 4th of July away.

All of this for $9.00

Collin Raye is one of my favorite singers. I've seen him in concert a couple of times. You should have a great time.
    Administrator

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by LynchBailey2447 View Post
    I usta be a big rap fan until all the fake rappers came around like 50 cent and that, then somehow i got turned on to country, i mainly listen to johnny cash, willie nelson, merle haggard, bob dylan(folk/country)the highway men, i must say country is where its at, ever since i listened to country ive noticed my self mature and calm down a bit... But has anyone bought willie nelsons new album?
    Welcome back to the world of music.

-----

Early on I grew up 'country' (Kenny Rogers, Statler Bros, Oak Ridge Boys, etc), but quickly rebelled during my teens. Over the last 10 years or so I’ve really come to appreciate the music more than I ever thought possible. My "Country" MP3 folder is now huge. For some reason I gravitate towards the older stuff, but love a lot of the newer artists/songs too.

Many of my favorites have already been mentioned, but I thought I’d also shout out…

Mel Tillis, George Jones, Darryl Worley, Dave Stamey… & Allison Krauss (I know, more of a Bluegrass artist, but I love Bluegrass too.)

Perfunctory Dixie Chicks comment: It’s really sad that Natalie couldn’t keep her trap shut because they sound great. Musically speaking, IMO, they’re pretty damned good.

This also leads me to ask y’all what you think of Carrie Underwood. Future queen of country music? Flash in the pan? Just eye candy?
    Winter is Coming!

For the men:

The King: George Jones
    The Captain: Mickey Gilley
    The Standard: Merle Haggard
    The Legend: Hank Williams

For the ladies:

The Queen: Loretta Lynne
    The Maiden: Tammy Wynette
    The Standard: Reba McIntyre
    The Legend: Anne Murray

The brightest noobs:

Josh Gracin
    Carrie Underwood

* All selections subject to change with the mood.

-----
    Last edited by topscribe; 05-27-2008 at 02:12 PM.

My favs are, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Swift.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    My favs are, Garth Brooks, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, Carrie Underwood, and Taylor Swift.
    Underwood and Swift are both great singers and not bad on the eyes either but these two are getting run into the ground on local radio.

You can almost set your watch to their music.

On June 12th, we get another star in town. Collin Raye will be here performing for the opening ceremonies of the Utah Summer Games. It is quite the event and the fireworks show they do every year is amazing. Blows the 4th of July away.

All of this for $9.00

Woot Woot! Collin Raye ROCKS!! That was awesome!! The fireworks were incredible!!

I-15 had cars lined up and down both south and north bound as they launch the fireworks right next to it.

It's amazing how many people are here. We are a small town of 30K and we have 50K visiting. trying to get around town this weekend is a real hoot.

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs...=2008806130301

That's My Story And I'm Sticking To It.
    Last edited by BroncoManiac_69; 06-13-2008 at 07:29 AM.

Wow. What a great show for the ACM's tonight.

Kudos to Carrie who still recognized American Idol for her success.

She knocked Kenney off the Entertainer throne.

And WOW! The Trace Adkins performance brought tears to my wife and I both and felt humbled by that song. To see that Marine introduce the song with no legs, reminded me immediately of our current resident adoptee Danny Miller.

We love country music and tonights show was awesome especially with Reba hosting with such a great sense of humor.

Wow. What a great show for the ACM's tonight.

Kudos to Carrie who still recognized American Idol for her success.

She knocked Kenney off the Entertainer throne.

And WOW! The Trace Adkins performance brought tears to my wife and I both and felt humbled by that song. To see that Marine introduce the song with no legs, reminded me immediately of our current resident adoptee Danny Miller.

We love country music and tonights show was awesome especially with Reba hosting with such a great sense of humor.
    It was a great show.

Adkins is good. Loved the song. Saw him at a mall concert once. Sat about 3-5 feet from him.

I've been getting a little away from country. Disappointed in some of the new music. And, too much Chesney and Taylor Swift (I really dislike her voice). I've been listening to contemporary Christian and R&B/rap.
    Administrator