Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

real new newbie

I guess I am alone on this but till now I have never posted on any forum anywhere! It is real confusing, is the idea to get bars and CP or doesnt it matter,
    I am the ultimate computer idiot and think I got here by fluke.
    at the moment I have time on my hands (and a plaster on my leg!) and have been a Broncos fan for the 12 years of my married life (husband not Denver fan but hey) and thought this would probably be the friendliest place to spend time, and learn more stuff about my team.
    I hope that sounds right!

Quote Originally Posted by Jae
    I guess I am alone on this but till now I have never posted on any forum anywhere! It is real confusing, is the idea to get bars and CP or doesnt it matter,
    I am the ultimate computer idiot and think I got here by fluke.
    at the moment I have time on my hands (and a plaster on my leg!) and have been a Broncos fan for the 12 years of my married life (husband not Denver fan but hey) and thought this would probably be the friendliest place to spend time, and learn more stuff about my team.
    I hope that sounds right!

Not only is this the friendliest place, but it is also the BEST place.
    Welcome aboard.
    Getting the bars and CP's are just a little bonus, some people may stress trying to get them, but they are not a must.
    CP's are generally given when someone enjoys or approves of your post, you can also give them by clicking on the little scale in the top right corner of someones post and you can leave a little message or sign it or whatever you wish. alot of people appreciate getting them because the more you get, the higher you advance in the ranks. there are little perks the higher you get. But you can read more about all of that in the different posts of this thread.

Again welcome and enjoy yourself.
    sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

1 cross + 3 nails= 4 given

thankyou

Thankyou, I think I'll wander around and see whats going on do you recomend any place in particular, I just went to the newbie site but no one has added much lately to the thread I saw.

I generally scan through most of the threads, never know when I might find something that interests me. General Discussions and Anything but Football are usually the most popular.

And remember, don't be afraid to ask questions.
    sig by Vulcan thanx buddy

1 cross + 3 nails= 4 given

LOl im still fairly new on this site and still trying to figure some stuff out

but i usually go to General Discussions mainly

i also LOVE the graphics gallery

but latly ive been checking out other parts of the forum lol

WELCOME!!

How long does it take the average user to get to 100 CP?

Quote Originally Posted by DenveRelentless
    How long does it take the average user to get to 100 CP?

Well, it depends on how good of a poster you are!

If your pretty good, not long at all.

If you suck, it may be awhile.

Actually, there's alot more to it than just that but the point is "good posting" definatly won't hurt.

well, I do most of my posting over on the smack boards, so I doubt that the people I have been smacking (esp. the PATS fans) will be giving me much CP

well, I do most of my posting over on the smack boards, so I doubt that the people I have been smacking (esp. the PATS fans) will be giving me much CP
    If it's good smack, other Bronco fans will.

well, I have 16 CP in 8 days, so at this rate it will be another 42 days before I am off the bench...

well, I have 16 CP in 8 days, so at this rate it will be another 42 days before I am off the bench...
    That's not bad!

The point is to kind of build a reputation of good posts...the more good posts you make...including good smack...the better!
    Administrator

offense?

can we step it up and get the ball moving tomorrow night?

Quote Originally Posted by SC Bronco
    can we step it up and get the ball moving tomorrow night?
    what in the hell are you smoking??

well i dont care...

as long as i get some...

the most valuable of all talents is that of never using two words when one will do....
    - T Jefferson

<a href=http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g98/anton1287/1168865057481.jpg target=_blank>http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g9...8865057481.jpg</a>

I'm not gonna read through all the posts, so if this is here already I'm sorry.

When giving CPs state the reason and sign it..

Something like this

Good post** JrWiz

Good analysis of the problem** JrWiz

It gives those who received a chance to evaluate who it came from and why they got it.

It is nice to know who is on your side in an issue.

Sometimes when I have received a point, I give one back considering the comments. Perhaps not on that topic, but sometimes when this member responds to the subject.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 26portis
    so does that mean that in about 40 more ppl giving me cps ill have it or w/e??

(Only a few people have more than 1000 points, so usually it's about how long they've been a member).

...It's also a bit of a reflection on what percentage of a particular poster's life is wasted away on these boards. (No offense to anyone here, of course.)

Last edited by sbutk; 10-07-2006 at 07:49 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.