Page 257 of 470 FirstFirst ... 157 207 247 255 256 257 258 259 267 307 357 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,855 of 7036

Thread: Red Sox Nation

Tim Wakefield will return for the 2010 season.:salute!:
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

with the Sox picking up Martinez's contract option they have declined Varitek's 5 million option for next season and he has until saturday to decide if he wants to play next season for 3 million or go somewhere else... thanks Cap for everything :salute!:

with the Red Sox picking up Jeremy Hermida i wonder if they try and trade J.D. Drew since hermida is a lot younger and has more potential at this stage of his career hmmm ..

i think Boston needs to go after John Lackey really bad because we need more pitching and they need to find some way of getting Felix from seattle and bring back Jason Bay

i wonder if Boston owuld go after Matt Holliday and make him our new DH / Left Fielder if they bring back Bay and just have them switch off every once in a while

i've heard that Boston wants to get a new third baseman and get rid of Mike Lowell i hope they don't because i like him alot he took a lot less money to stay in Boston because he wants another ring here and i think they should treat him with the same respect

now as far as respect goes GET RID OF ORTIZ i've had enough of watching his fat ass strike out when we need a big hit and he doesn't just strike out he strikes out on the stupidest pitch EVERY TIME we'll be down by two with two on and swing and a miss strike three on a ball seven inches from the plate

SO LONG PAPI

if Boston wants a good set up man / closer they need to get J.J. Putz he was pretty good for seattle a couple of years ago and why the hell the mets signed him after signing K-Roid ... ERR i ment K-ROD is beond me

the Sox need to get bobby Crosby and alot of Power to help our line up and there's been talks of a Sox / Jays trade that would give Boston HALLADAY ... DON'T F THIS ONE UP TOO THEO

Both Tek and V-Mart are back for next season. So that means that we will be ran on again all year.

I want both Roy H, Matt H, and Chapman... Is that to much to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    Both Tek and V-Mart are back for next season. So that means that we will be ran on again all year.

I want both Roy H, Matt H, and Chapman... Is that to much to ask for.
    A little much my friend....my wish would be granted if we traded V-Mart and some prospects for a certain Twins catcher at the trade deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by kmcgough25 View Post
    A little much my friend....my wish would be granted if we traded V-Mart and some prospects for a certain Twins catcher at the trade deadline.
    That would work for me.

i have read that Boston has already been in talks with John Lackey's agent which is awesome yeah i know Lackey isn't the best pitcher but he's pretty damn good and Beckett and Lester need help badly

i doubt the Twins would trade a certain catcher for Victor Martinez and any amount of prospects because they are probably going to loose him anyway.

Fun Fact

2001 Major League Baseball Draft # 1 selection : Joe Mauer
    Not Selected : Dustin Pedroia

2008 American League Most Valuable Player : DUSTIN PEDROIA

Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that Jason Bay rejected a four-year contract offer from the Red Sox.

Boston's offer was believed to be around $60 million, according to sources. "It's not a surprise that a player that's gone this far wants to see what's out there," said general manager Theo Epstein. Bay, 31, will hit the free agent market for the first time in his career on Friday. He is one of the top three free agents available and will take his chances of earning more on the open market. Nov. 19 - 11:47 am et

yeah i expect to see him in pinstripes next season ...

which sucks but at least Matt Holliday is still out there

I can't picture Bay in pinstripes.

It's impossible to read Cashman, hell, he blindsided everyone by landing Teixeira last year, but I think he's looking at retaining Yankees free agents and making a trade, not signing Bay or Holliday. Unless Austin Jackson is traded (hard to picture unless it's part of a trade for Halladay), I think the Yankees will go short term on LF and DH. Jackson won the International League rookie of the year playing CF for AAA Scranton and I can easily see him up in the majors for good as early as midseason.

I'm guessing that Matsui or Damon returns (probably not both, though I wouldn't rule it out). Damon for 2 years + an option or Matsui for either 1 year or 1 year + an option. I'll be stunned if both players sign elsewhere.

I think Mike Cameron is a better fit than Bay or Holliday. Cameron could be signed for 1 year and the Yankees nearly traded for him last season. He's still a tremendous defender and could buy time for Jackson.

A trade for Curtis Granderson or David DeJesus, for example, would also make sense.

Jeter RH
    Cano LH
    Teixeira SH
    A-Rod RH
    Posada SH

works quite well as the top 5. Damon in the #2 spot or Matsui in the #5 spot works better.

I just don't see the need to spend big on Bay. If Cashman wants to spend big, Lackey makes more sense.

Just a guess, but if the Yankees make a big FA move, it won't be early in free agency, which just started a few hours ago.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

I can recall who it was on ESPN but he was saying he could see us get Roy.

According to the Boston Herald, the Sox have inquired to Scott Boras about four players that he represents:

1. Matt Holliday
    2. Adrian Beltre
    3. Rick Ankiel
    4. Mike Gonzalez.

Hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Southstander View Post
    I can recall who it was on ESPN but he was saying he could see us get Roy.
    It was Peter Gammons. He says you're getting Teixeira, too.

Do these teams think of the fans at all? Nearly 3 days into free agency and.... nothing. We need more trades. I don't care if it's only the Royals and Pirates trading utility infielders, I want something to happen Monday.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

One source says we are in Full Court press to get Roy.

ESPN is reporting that the Red Sox are thinking about moving Dustin Pedroia from second base to short stop which is wear Pedroia played in college and won several awards the thinking is that it might be easier to get a second base man then a shortstop but the move to short would be for the rest of his career because of this 19 year old kid igalsis ? i think that's how it's spelled (probably not)

i don't know how i would feel about this move i mean i love Pedy but he's like 5'5 and not that fast so i don't know