• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatum26Bell
    Admin
    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by keithbishop
    The other Trenton Thunder pitching prospect to watch (besides SP Phil Hughes and relievers J Brent Cox and TJ Beam) is SP Steven White. Despite a lack of run support and a 2-1 record , the 24-year old White has a 2.28 ERA through 8 starts. Cox(22.... 1.78 ERA ), Beam(25 ..... 0.33 ERA!!!!) and White deserve promotions to AAA....... and Hughes(19 ) will likely be in AAA by august 1st.

The Yankees lost to the Rangers 4-2 despite another great start by Mike Mussina, who gave up 2 earned runs in 7 innings. Kyle Farnsworth allowed 2 runs in the 8th to take the loss.

According to Joe Torre, RRP Tanyon Sturtze has a slight tear of the rotator cuff. Sturtze has to decide whether to try resting......... or to have season-ending surgery. IMO, surgery would be the best option, as this injury could go back to the 2nd half of 2005. After a strong 2004 2nd half and solid 2005 1st half, Sturtze hasn't been able to finish his pitches...... he suffered a noticable lack of velocity in the 2nd half last year. This year, though his velocity is up, he hasn't been able to locate his pitches...... it was a brutal 1st month and a half for Sturtze-- 7.59 ERA.
    TJ Beam, and Phillip Hughes both pitched very well in Trenton's 2-1 win today...

TJ Beam LOWERED his ERA to 0.28 today, also!
    Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• DevilSpawn
      versus you
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tatum26Bell
      Thanks WTE....I hate the sox fans who are a) Happy Matsui's injured, because "he's a jerk, he's on the Yankees"

And B) Hate jeter for no reason other than he's on the Yankees....Jeter's probably the best MLB player, as a role model, player, and team captain. He's been so good for baseball, and to hate him just because he's a yankee is immature.
      You know, I disagreed with you for 5 seconds before I listed my current top 5 MLB players:

1. Mariano Rivera
      2. Derek Jeter
      3. Robinson Cano (the future baby!)
      4. Manny Ramirez
      5. David Ortiz

Manny is definitely in the top 10 of my all-time players and Papi is in the top 15. It shouldn't be automatic that I hate them because they're on the Sox, but only seen as unfortunate thatthey play for them.

There's only one baseball player or sports player for that matter who I would wish injury to, and that is Barry Bonds---He doesn't deserve to play baseball, or break records.....He'll probably wind up dead in a few years anyway though....
      As a human being, I feel bad that those thoughts crossed my mind for a split second or two. He's not the first, last or only guy to cheat. But would you wish injury to him if he wasn't surpassing the greatest Yankee, Babe Ruth? I know I'm pissed, but at the same time I would be too if Jr. Griffey were to do it.

We might as well call Barry the Greatest Cheater of All Time.

Comment

• WorstTrollEver
        Banned User
        • Nov 2003

Thanks WTE....I hate the sox fans who are a) Happy Matsui's injured, because "he's a jerk, he's on the Yankees"

And B) Hate jeter for no reason other than he's on the Yankees....Jeter's probably the best MLB player, as a role model, player, and team captain. He's been so good for baseball, and to hate him just because he's a yankee is immature.

There's only one baseball player or sports player for that matter who I would wish injury to, and that is Barry Bonds---He doesn't deserve to play baseball, or break records.....He'll probably wind up dead in a few years anyway though....
        I personally haven't heard any Red Sox fans say they're happy to see Matsui injured; maybe you have, but not me.

I have heard Red Sox fans criticize Jeter but that happened a lot more when Nomar was a Red Sox. However, most Red Sox fans began to truly respect Jeter in 2004 when Nomar was pouting on the Red Sox bench and Derek was busting his butt on the field and at the plate.

Comment

• Southstander
          King of Anvilania
          • Jun 2005

It is safe to say that I'm not one of those Sox fans that is happy Matsui is hurt. I never want to see anybody get hurt, even if they do play for "The Evil Empire".
          Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!
          sigpic

Comment

• alwilson91
            Starter
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by DevilSpawn
            You know, I disagreed with you for 5 seconds before I listed my current top 5 MLB players:

1. Mariano Rivera
            2. Derek Jeter
            3. Robinson Cano (the future baby!)
            4. Manny Ramirez
            5. David Ortiz

What a terrible list!!!!

Here's a better one!

1. Albert Pujols
            2. Alex Rodriguez
            3. David Ortiz
            4. Roy Halladay(Most overpowering pitcher in the game)
            5. Miguel Tejada

Most of those guys can play defense as well as offense and Ortiz is just a tremendous hitter, that's why he's up there.

Comment

• Tatum26Bell
              Admin
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by DevilSpawn

As a human being, I feel bad that those thoughts crossed my mind for a split second or two. He's not the first, last or only guy to cheat. But would you wish injury to him if he wasn't surpassing the greatest Yankee, Babe Ruth? I know I'm pissed, but at the same time I would be too if Jr. Griffey were to do it.

We might as well call Barry the Greatest Cheater of All Time.

Well, I know what I've seen...and then I read Game of Shadows....it's safe to say he's the biggest cheat of all time...not to mention a rude, racist jerk.....
              Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• DevilSpawn
                versus you
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by alwilson91
                What a terrible list!!!!

Here's a better one!

1. Albert Pujols
                2. Alex Rodriguez
                3. David Ortiz
                4. Roy Halladay(Most overpowering pitcher in the game)
                5. Miguel Tejada

Most of those guys can play defense as well as offense and Ortiz is just a tremendous hitter, that's why he's up there.
                lol, it was Cano on that list that did it, wasn't it.

I am just getting the baseball sports package this year so I rarely get to see Pujols play. A-Rod's double play in the 9th inning in Anaheim will forever stick until he comes clutch in the postseason. Tejada is probably has more talent vs. Jeter, but I still go with Derek. And yes Halladay can turn the lights out, he's definitely in my top 10.

But on to serious matters. It's the bottom of the second, 1 out, Texas leading the Yankees 9-0! I am so glad I didn't go to this game... too bad the Yankees can say the same thing.

Comment

• Southstander
                  King of Anvilania
                  • Jun 2005

Go Rangers, lol

sigpic

Comment

• alwilson91
                    Starter
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Southstander
                    Go Rangers, lol
                    If the Yanks lose today and my Jays win later tonight we can steal 2nd spot in the AL East!!!

Comment

• keithbishop
                      Ring of Famer
                      • Feb 2006

Not to rain on anyone's parade..... but the rangers blew a 9-0 lead. 11-10 Yankees going into the 7th.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

• Southstander
                        King of Anvilania
                        • Jun 2005

12 -11 rangers

sigpic

Comment

• Tatum26Bell
                          Admin
                          • Jan 2005

12-12...this is one of the best Yankee games I've seen in a LONG time....

9-0 rangers, 10-1 rangers, 11-10 Yankees, 12-11 Rangers, 12-12....

Dang!
                          Administrator

sigpic

Comment

• keithbishop
                            Ring of Famer
                            • Feb 2006

JORGE POSADA HITS A 2-RUN BLAST WITH 2 OUTS IN THE 9TH TO WIN THE GAME 14-13 !!!!!!!
                            Last edited by keithbishop; 05-16-2006, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• NJBRONCOSFAN
                              26-Time World Champs
                              • Mar 2004

What a game! And to think I passed up tix to tonight's game!

"The Gagne T-shirt jersey comes with a complimentary can of gasoline and a set of matches."

Comment

• keithbishop
                                Ring of Famer
                                • Feb 2006

In 29 years of following Yankees baseball, I have NEVER witnessed a regular-season game like tonight's. Count the yankees out?? Yeah.... go right ahead..... LOL.

How's this for a comeback...... the starting pitcher, Shawn Chacon, was bombed.... didn't make it out of the 2nd inning. THE YANKEES TRAILED 9-0.
                                Not only were we missing Matsui and Sheffield, but Jason Giambi was hurt and missed the game. The Rangers are one of the best offensive teams in the game.

Yeah, I reserve the right to say "we" when discussing the Yankees and Broncos....
                                I live and die with their games.

Comment

Working...
                                X